• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hackfest 3.0 @ JCaesar's Farm, Sept. 19th & 20th, Brawl+ ONLY, Melee canceled!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Welcome to Hackfest 3.0! Now with more OOS!

Electricity fee: $2, free if you bring a TV or hacked Wii.
Singles: $10
Teams: $20 per team
Payouts will be 60-30-10 for both events, subject to change based on attendance.
Possibly crew battles for fun or money if time permits.

I am open to reducing the entrance fees if that's what people prefer. I want this to be a serious tournament though.

Rules:

It will be all the standard stuff, and I'll use a conservative stage list since that's what people seem to prefer. Infinites are allowed and encouraged if you can find one.

Optional stage striking at the request of either player.

Starters:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks:
Wario Ware
Lylat Cruise
Wifi Waiting Room
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pictochat

Stagelist is open to debate. Suggestions are welcome.

The codeset will be decided when the date gets closer. If a new official build is released before then (and there probably will be), then that will be what we will use. Assuming it uses the .pac method, I will be overwriting the appropriate files on every SD card before it may be used for tournament to ensure that they are all identical. If anyone is caught cheating, they will be immediately DQed and banned from all future tourneys I run.

Custom music is fine but I will probably ban custom textures (excluding official B+ teams color fixes).

Place:

38 S. Tannery Rd.
Westminster, MD 21157

It's about 30 minutes from Baltimore. It's literally a big farm with a barn and silo and some other buildings. There is plenty of parking. You can also crash here on Saturday night (bring a sleeping bag though). If you need help finding it, you can call my cell, 443-536-1386. If you don't have your own transportation, the Owings Mills metro station is only about 20 minutes away, and someone should be able to pick you up from there.

Time:

The tourney will take place on Saturday Sept. 19th. Sunday will be for friendlies/crew battles for whoever wants to stick around.

10am: Doors open
11am: Signups
12pm-4pm: Teams
5pm-10pm: Singles
Sunday: Crews/Friendlies

You must be out of here by 9pm on Sunday at the latest.

What to Bring:

I have 3 TVs of my own, but more would be helpful if a lot of people come. So bring Wiis, TVs, and SD cards (no bigger than 2 GBs). If you don't have one, there are stores nearby that sell them. I can help you hack your Wii if it isn't already. Also, bring a sleeping bag if you want to sleep here Saturday night. If not, there are cheap hotels nearby. Google is your friend.

Food:

There are lots of places to eat nearby.
We have Five Guys, Denny's, Applebees, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Burger King, Roy Rogers, Arby's, KFC, Wendy's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Salsarita's, Chick-Fil-A, and Friendly's all real close to JCaesar's house, so we can go chill out afterwards.
There will almost certainly be a Buffalo Wild Wings run after the tournament.

Fun stuff on the side:

Possibility of a BB gun tourney or some football or whiffle ball.

Maybe try to come up with a new slogan for Brawl+ too. The current one kinda sucks and the best alternative we've come up with so far is "Brawl+: Inui doesn't play it!"

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm definitely there for both Buffalo Wild Wings and Brawl+. (I miss living in Westminster...)

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Wtf no Bojangles?

BWW will definately suffice as a good replacement though. I hope they sell 4537859256376473643 kinds of biscuits though!

As always I'm in. Bandit teamsies?

EDIT: EE going to a Brawl+ tourney?????????? (even if just for BWW)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
MUST!!! GO!!!

Ride says yes.

I need a team partner. Team Puffball was awesome.

Wafflezzzzzz

Yo JC, I might call you to see how a ride from the area would go.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
jc have you ever heard from count kaiser?

that guy should make an appearance again...

and def getting stoked about this event, bplus too goodz...

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I don't know why, but I really really really wanna come now. Thanks a lot, JCaesar.

You going to SNES? Got a teammate?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'll do my utmost best in attending this (just gotta figure out my transportation possibilites); I'm dying to meet and play the MD/VA guys.

Hopefully Insomniac and some other NY peeps can roll to this too. If so, I expect stupid-awesome crew battles to go down! :)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Oh hello guys, I see people are talking about me here.

No doubt I'm coming. Now to get my friends to come to this.

@Thunderhorse+: Don't worry, I won't ***** about ness. I'll just use Psi magnet, as it is the greatest move ever conceived by mankind.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't know why, but I really really really wanna come now. Thanks a lot, JCaesar.

You going to SNES? Got a teammate?
I'm not going to SNES, sorry man. I hope you can make this though.

If any of you OOSers can't get a ride here, just take the bus to Baltimore and from there you can take the metro to Owings Mills, which is 20 minutes from my house. I can pick you up from there.

It's awesome to see all the OOS interest.

Oh btw, Ness is banned, get that weak **** outta here! j/k

Edit: ok who the **** pranked me? I want my gRAPE name back you *** holes.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I don't really consider skill level when bashing people

I just do it blindly, if they are better than me, they still suck

what a twisted world I live in

Except D1, he's everyone's D00

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Let the trash talk begin!
NY is mad good at brawl+. thats all half of them play lol
They certainly have a bigger B+ scene than us, but are they better? If our top guys like Chu and Boss come out for this, we got this no problem.

Edit: reposted from the Brawlplus.net forums:
Maestro26 said:
Conservative stage lists make me a sad puppy. Where's my Lylat on neutral?

And why does everybody ban Picto? Norfair, Green Greens, and Japes to a lesser extent too. The rest of the 'fixed' stages you can live without (Mushroomy, Big Blue etc.) but if you have Mansion on, you might as well expand the list to include at least those 4, as they are all legit counterpicks.
Hmm I actually forgot about Pictochat and Japes. I meant for both of them to be CPs. I suppose I'll add Norfair too since it really isn't that bad. Green Greens is a horrible stage though and will never be legal at a tourney I run.

And as for Lylat, very few people like it. If people prefer to do stage striking and we need a 7th neutral, I'll add it, but if people prefer random (and MD/VA usually does), it stays out.

Further input is welcome as always.
Do you people prefer random or striking?

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I guess I need a partner for this, Turbo? Blanka?

Ness is bess. Not sure if i'll be playing mother boys or pkmns.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
yo thatguy, ill team with you if you want, i think we could cause some nice chaos ;) this is assuming you can make it that is, just lemme know.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Random stage is more old school, I find striking to be fair and effective, but annoying as hell. It's whatever you want though, I don't think Brawl Plus stages are that much different anyway lol.

JCaesar does the Gregorius Caesar Dyansty live on??!?!??

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Random stage is more old school, I find striking to be fair and effective, but annoying as hell. It's whatever you want though, I don't think Brawl Plus stages are that much different anyway lol.
I agree. 9 times out of 10 at a stage striking tourney, people go random or agree on a stage anyway just to avoid the hassle. But I guess it's more important for the later matches.

How about this: stage striking optional. If either player wants to do stage striking, then stage striking will be done, otherwise just go random or agree on a 1st stage.

I guess that means I gotta go add Lylat as the 7th neutral.
JCaesar does the Gregorius Caesar Dyansty live on??!?!??
Definitely man, unless TUSM really has his heart set on teaming with me (we teamed before and did really well, and he is coming all the way from OOS)

TUSM what say you?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
OK, I have plenty of time to arrange something, I mean, end of September? I'll have money, weekends are guaranteed off. I'll do my best to make it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would go if melee would be more of an event, melee tournies are hard to find around md/va. jcaes, let us have some surrious melee here since im letting u have it at pound 4!!! XD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
OK, I have plenty of time to arrange something, I mean, end of September? I'll have money, weekends are guaranteed off. I'll do my best to make it.
I hope you can make it. If you do, are we teaming?
i would go if melee would be more of an event, melee tournies are hard to find around md/va. jcaes, let us have some surrious melee here since im letting u have it at pound 4!!! XD
You're welcome to host a Melee tourney here on Sunday. I mean Yom Kippur is on Monday so there's no Sunday johns :p

Top Bottom