• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

Ah. I see. (Wish I knew that earlier.) Oh well, SmashBox works just as well as the site did, and with it, I think I can wait for the site to return a lot better now, even if I can't download every single BRSTM I have, though I can wait for the site to return for those I can't access with those I can access in the mean time (FYI, when I tried to download some BRSTMs, a small amount were "blocked" when I clicked "download" because, according to WOT (Web Of Trust, the traffic light add-on to help kids avoid stuff they shouldn't be seeing), the soundtrack it blocked was "unsatisfactory." I'm not going to state what they are mainly so that, since you guys put a lot of effort into them (darksamus and Segtendo, since they were the only ones I got brstms from currently due to how many they had of the games I was going for), I don't hurt their feelings. But, if you want me to let you in on them, just let me know. I won't mind doing it if you give me the thumbs up.

@TheUltimateKoopa

Oh, before I forget, did you see the compromise I made for you? You can either let me know what you think, or, you can optionally take one to five games (depending on how many BRSTMs they have) a day and upload them onto mediafire, and then do another one to five game BRSTM folders the next until you've uploaded them all. What do you think?

Also, if you do upload the game files (on your own pace to save up on upload speed), will you provide a mediafire link to access them? If "yes," will you give us updates on what game soundtrack has been uploaded for those who're curious?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Um, are the files split up into individual folders by what game they come from? (In truth, I actually don't want all of them. Just those from the games I enjoy. But, if it's hard work to separate them, just let me know.)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
They're split up into folders of each game. I'm assuming you know how to use torrents? Infact, not only can you select individual games, you can download only the specific BRSTMs you want.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I can imagine how long downloading all those BRSTMs would take...

A loooong time.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
They're split up into folders of each game. I'm assuming you know how to use torrents? Infact, not only can you select individual games, you can download only the specific BRSTMs you want.
Yeah, though there's one problem,....., as a "free member" on media fire, I have a limit to how much I can download at a time before reactivation, and I think that this might be uber-over it. However, I will give it a shot to see if it works. I'll let you know if it works.

Um, what program do I need to run it?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The actual file from media fire is just over 1 MB.
Also, moose, I have 71 BRSTMs in the "bcmbackup_named" folder which were NOT named, which are:

Also, you need uTorrent (or a smiliar program).

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I think I'll just wait for you to upload the individual game files (at whatever steady rate you're okay with) to upload the BRSTMs I'm after, though having an access to the rest of your folders would be nice (This way, I can download those that matter to me and leave the others for the fans). Do you mind doing this?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I can imagine how long downloading all those BRSTMs would take...

A loooong time.
If I was to start downloading them now, based on my current download speed of about 1223 kB/s, and the total amount that the files take up (45.5 GB), it would take me about 10.84 hours.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
>___> The point in the torrent is that you can select which ones you want to download.

And seriously, you expect me to just upload 13474 files? By the time I've finished, moose'll probably have returned, and the site will probably be up.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
>___> The point in the torrent is that you can select which ones you want to download.
How do you do that? (I actually have no idea how the torrent can do that, so a guide would be nice.)

And, about uploading all of the files, just start with a few games a day, and keep it up, and we'll be set for the next time the site goes down (planning ahead is a good idea).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I haven't uploaded anything recently minus the Sonic Generations BRSTMs.

Unless you want a BRSTM of a Zekrom/Reshiram remix that LenSho used for his N's Castle preview.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
I haven't uploaded anything recently minus the Sonic Generations BRSTMs.

Unless you want a BRSTM of a Zekrom/Reshiram remix that LenSho used for his N's Castle preview.
Well, that's an example of one that TUK might not have by now, and I'll probably download it later.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
He has ones backed up before the site went down.
That remix wasn't on the site before it went down.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

I know. That's why I was asking him to upload the folders onto mediafire so the fans can choose which game folders to download in order to tie them over until the site returns, which will really make them happy (for it's helping me). However, I won't rush TUK to upload them all at once. He can do it a few games at a time and then update the folders as BRSTMs are made. That way, when the site goes down in the future, we'll still have our wonderful BRSTMs to listen to.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Again, you can download individual files with the torrent.
Download the "torrent" file I posted, then open that with "uTorrent", then from that, you select the BRSTMs.

I'm not going to go into seeding and leeching, but I'm sure someone else will.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Do I have to download uTorrent first? (If "yes," can you give me the download link for it?)

Also, could you give me a key to which files come from which game? (I don't want to download something I wouldn't listen to by mistake.)

moosehunter

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Do I have to download uTorrent first? (If "yes," can you give me the download link for it?)

Also, could you give me a key to which files come from which game? (I don't want to download something I wouldn't listen to by mistake.)
Yes, google it

Um... Check the file you want?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, old-school style. I'll be releasing some BRSTMs periodically. Most of them are old ones I created, re-released here. I've checked with BrawlBox if they loop correctly, although in-game they might not exactly loop.

Also, some of my conversions are pretty unconventional. Also, most are edited a bit to make it loop and also make it sound good during a good brawl, meaning they might differ just a little bit from the original. Nonetheless I tried adding a Youtube link as much as possible.

Cartoon Network - Cartoon Cartoon Fridays By GaryCXJk - DEMO
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - Keeper of the Reaper By GaryCXJk - DEMO
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - Underfist Theme By GaryCXJk - DEMO
The Powerpuff Girls - Love Makes the World Go Round By GaryCXJk - DEMO
The Powerpuff Girls - Sleepover By GaryCXJk - DEMO

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yes, google it

Um... Check the file you want?
Precisely... They're not numbered, they're named. For example, if you wanted to download the music to "Cosmic Cove Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy 2, you'd expand the Super Mario Galaxy 2 folder (the + next to the folder), then look for "Cosmic Cove Galaxy.brstm".

Just a warning, make sure you click "Select None" before selecting the ones you want, because by default, everything is selected. Otherwise, if you 'select' something, you'll end up deselecting, and instead of downloading what you want, you'll be downloading the whole lot, except the one you want.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgW9sFWiBbc -- The full File Select theme from Super Mario Galaxy 2. There's an AIX file... which I have, which can easily be converted to brstm.

Also, some guy at HCS64 ripped the samples of Mario Kart 64. Some other guy did... some stuff and... well, I'd say the quality is pretty sweet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-czy6_qug

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The clearness...
I love it.
I hope the whole game can be remastered like that.

Also, does anyone know how to download off of HCS64's tracker? ?_?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Precisely... They're not numbered, they're named. For example, if you wanted to download the music to "Cosmic Cove Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy 2, you'd expand the Super Mario Galaxy 2 folder (the + next to the folder), then look for "Cosmic Cove Galaxy.brstm".

Just a warning, make sure you click "Select None" before selecting the ones you want, because by default, everything is selected. Otherwise, if you 'select' something, you'll end up deselecting, and instead of downloading what you want, you'll be downloading the whole lot, except the one you want.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgW9sFWiBbc -- The full File Select theme from Super Mario Galaxy 2. There's an AIX file... which I have, which can easily be converted to brstm.

Also, some guy at HCS64 ripped the samples of Mario Kart 64. Some other guy did... some stuff and... well, I'd say the quality is pretty sweet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-czy6_qug
Really? They're named? That'll help (once I download uTorrent, that is.)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Let's not forget the ones that darksamus77 and Segtendo recently made.

@darksamus77 & Segtendo

Feel free to list the new BRSTMs you've made if you'd like to.
In truth, there's always going to be some BRSTM's I make that won't be up on BCM, due to the fact that I've made over 250o BRSTM's and only a small fraction of those were up on the main site. Plus, I'm always getting new requests in the Factory and I've made whole soundtracks of games that others have already made (Yoshi's Island and Metroid Prime, namely). However, I would eventually like for all of my BRSTM's to be uploaded...somewhere. BCM would ideally be the best spot, because I can just upload them from my files without worry of deletion (because Mediafire has randomly deleted a lot of BRSTM's that I've had to re-upload :urg:). No worries, I'm not going to put a huge batch of BRSTM's on BCM the moment it's back up again. This is a "eventually, when I get around to it" sort of thing.

soneek

Smash Ace
None of them are in there? I believe the owners are hcs, manako_AT, snakemeat, and bxaimc.

At least one of them is usually there. I guess just check back later. I got lucky cause I was able to catch one right away when I signed up.

soneek

Smash Ace
Maybe you can leave a message and someone will approve you when they see it.

I guess just leave the username you made when registering, and tell them that you read the rules. You should be good to go...maybe.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Top Bottom