• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New jab lock set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I love footstools and jab locks and right now I am trying to advance this aspect of Brawl to its limit.
So I was looking into MK's footstools and found something very deadly.

MK can set up a footstool by fast falling a Bair so only one hit box comes out and then you can footstool them. To make it worse you can repeat this process. In other words.
FF Bair> footstool> FF Bair> footstool> FF Bair... and it works at 999%.......

To make things even worse you can turn this around by using a TJL (true jab lock).
(does not work at 999%...)
FF Bair> footstool> Nair> jab> force get up and reverse the direction

Scratch the above. To reverse it just pivot when you land before the footstool.
K, now it can go to 999% assuming it is legit.

I can't test to see if they can roll since this is hard to perform and I use my feet to do this kind of stuff. The thing is, mt foot is twice its size and propped up. The other foot is right beside it and I can't handle a controller with it.

So I need some one to PLEASE tell me that this is not legit. It is very fast and I fear it is legit... but I cannot tell.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There's a neat thing called "SDI", followed by a Spring Jump for Sonic.

I don't know about some other characters, but that could work.

saviorslegacy

There's a neat thing called "SDI", followed by a Spring Jump for Sonic.

I don't know about some other characters, but that could work.
As I said IDK if it is legit. I have no one to test with me and I have one limb out of the game that dragged the other one with it.
See reply in your other thread. Basically, I'm sure it isn't legit.
I sure hope it isn't legit.

.AC.

Smash Lord
stop spamming the boards with jab lock stuff that doesnt work.

saviorslegacy

stop spamming the boards with jab lock stuff that doesnt work.
#1 Aren't you quick tempered. Are you German as well?

#2 spamming is stuff where you do all this face stuff and act like an idiot
advancing is where you bring new idea's to people so they can see how it turns out and if they can use it

#3 this isn't a jab lock

#4 so you have tested it and confirmed it doesn't work? Pffewww, what a relief. K guys, AC says it doesn't work you can ignore this now.
Can we see your data as well?

K I'm done poking fun. May I ask everyone to act you age and not your shoe size here? Seriously, is it really necessary to flame people trying to advance the meta game? It's like shooting the guy who gives you free food. Do you see the logic that you all make?
K, so no more arguing or I'll just add you to the ignore list and I will only see people trying to help. I wont even finish reading your post, but I will report you.

saviorslegacy

video please?
Sure thing, just let me get consistent with it.

Anyways, good morning everyone. My foot is better so I used it to see if you can roll. Mario was able to roll out of this.
Barely though, form my experience with Sheiks footstool I'm gonna GUESS and say this works on about 10 characters maybe less.

Is there any airial that slows MK while he is going into the air?

:EDIT:
I forgot to mention what else I found.
FF Bair> Uair> footstool> repeat until you can get a Shuttle Loop on someone.

:EDIT #2:
Why didn't anyone attempt to help? Almost 200 views and not a single person willing to help.
Anyways, I talked my bro into helping and found out the following.

This combo works on ROB (go figure). The other characters that I mentioned as well as probably every character in the game gets screwed over by the FF Bair> buffered Uair> footstool> FF Nair> jab lock> force get up> Tornado
You can SDI the Uair though to avoid this.

For ROB.... I wouldn't worry to much. Each footstool only yields 3% and I was only able to do a total of 42%. It looks extremely sexy, but it is easier to just jab lock across the stage. (Since the Uair is out of the picture you cannot DI and this combo still takes you to death.)
ie FF Bair> footstool> FF Nair> jab lock> force get up> FF Bair> you get the idea
At any time you can force a get up into a Shuttle Loop or something aong that line.

I wouldn't call this an infinte. More like a new jab lock set up

ps I might make a video, but I am sick of Brawl. In 24 hours I have made to posts that required a good amount of testing. If you do see a vid it will be after a while since I need to remake a vid and make one for Sheik.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I would help you, but I'm afraid I don't have a second party to help with the DI.

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see what else comes of this.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just tested it out.

You can SDI the bair hit, like all other attacks, but if you don't it's a legit lock setup.

If they don't SDI, you can hit with one hit of bair->short hop->footstool->fast fall nair->dtilt lock. That's what I was trying out.

It's kinda hard to land the bair and not get shieldgrabbed or something though, considering how close you have to be to your opponent to get the footstool in time. <_<
I don't ever see this becoming a realistic setup in tournaments though.

Thanks for the research, saviorslegacy. Even if others don't appreciate it because you often find old or useless things, you're confirming the old and helping to find new.

saviorslegacy

I would help you, but I'm afraid I don't have a second party to help with the DI.

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see what else comes of this.
My problem a lot of the time. That is why when I get an idea I ask for help on SWF when people think I am calling it legit. Next time I talk about something that might be useful I'm going to put in size 5 that says "I HAVEN'T TESTED TO SEE IF THIS CAN BE ESCAPED CUZ I AM ONLY ONE PERSON!"
I just tested it out.

You can SDI the bair hit, like all other attacks, but if you don't it's a legit lock setup.

If they don't SDI, you can hit with one hit of bair->short hop->footstool->fast fall nair->dtilt lock. That's what I was trying out.

It's kinda hard to land the bair and not get shieldgrabbed or something though, considering how close you have to be to your opponent to get the footstool in time. <_<
I don't ever see this becoming a realistic setup in tournaments though.

Thanks for the research, saviorslegacy. Even if others don't appreciate it because you often find old or useless things, you're confirming the old and helping to find new.
SDI sucks lol (and doesn't at the same time).

Just fyi. Unless I performed it wrong you can roll before the Nair hits. That is why I threw in the buffered Uair> footstool.

MK has great airial mobility. Just shield pressure from behind. (Force a roll and follow up as you wish.) When I played Brawl I would get behind someone by using Sheiks Fair and pressure with f-tilt to force a roll so I could land a f-tilt on them or at least a Dash Attack/Needle's. With good prediction you could also use this as a chain set up. lol

Meh, I wouldn't call it research
Research sucks, I hate it. That is why a loathed making the jab lock thread.
Most of my ideas for combo's come from real life situations. Like the reverse chain jab lock and my science test quiz. You just gotta be imaginative.

saviorslegacy

come on guys be nice hes just trying better our metagame and help some of us out. :)
They are. I really don't see any rudeness in this thread, except form the usual.
If you want to see grumpy people (myself included) look in my thread history. >_<

saviorslegacy

Based on your bad reputation, I seriously doubt this is legit.
Oh ge thanks. If you read above and my posts you'll get the full picture.

I can only test alone most of the time. SO I bring my idea's to this board and if someone tests it and finds out it isn't legit I get flamed. I still see no logic in that.
I then get pissed and flame back. Then the thread gets closed and people call me an idiot for sharing what I thought might have been possible.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
My problem a lot of the time. That is why when I get an idea I ask for help on SWF when people think I am calling it legit. Next time I talk about something that might be useful I'm going to put in size 5 that says "I HAVEN'T TESTED TO SEE IF THIS CAN BE ESCAPED CUZ I AM ONLY ONE PERSON!"

SDI sucks lol (and doesn't at the same time).

Just fyi. Unless I performed it wrong you can roll before the Nair hits. That is why I threw in the buffered Uair> footstool.

MK has great airial mobility. Just shield pressure from behind. (Force a roll and follow up as you wish.) When I played Brawl I would get behind someone by using Sheiks Fair and pressure with f-tilt to force a roll so I could land a f-tilt on them or at least a Dash Attack/Needle's. With good prediction you could also use this as a chain set up. lol

Meh, I wouldn't call it research
Research sucks, I hate it. That is why a loathed making the jab lock thread.
Most of my ideas for combo's come from real life situations. Like the reverse chain jab lock and my science test quiz. You just gotta be imaginative.
Btw, MetaKnight has horrible normal aerial mobility, with exception to gliding, up+B, and tornadoing.
I tested this out as well, same thing like DanGR said, it's very easy to get shield grabbed and easy to Smash DI. One of the easiest characters to perform this on is against Samus, since she is a heavy floaty character. But I have discovered better set ups for jab locks, not the B-air jab lock you stated. With some characters you can Dash grab, f-throw, follow up, footstool, D-tilt lock at low %. The thing that is sort of useful with the B-air jab lock is that you can use it at any %.

Based on your bad reputation, I seriously doubt this is legit.
Well, I commend him on a good job for posting this, it can help in rare situations. It's not like he made a crappy Metaknight match up guide. lol.

saviorslegacy

Btw, MetaKnight has horrible normal aerial mobility, with exception to gliding, up+B, and tornadoing.
I tested this out as well, same thing like DanGR said, it's very easy to get shield grabbed and easy to Smash DI. One of the easiest characters to perform this on is against Samus, since she is a heavy floaty character. But I have discovered better set ups for jab locks, not the B-air jab lock you stated. With some characters you can Dash grab, f-throw, follow up, footstool, D-tilt lock at low %. The thing that is sort of useful with the B-air jab lock is that you can use it at any %.

Well, I commend him on a good job for posting this, it can help in rare situations. It's not like he made a crappy Metaknight match up guide. lol.
Really, I always thought he had good mobility.. owell.

Quick question: "Can you footstool out of D-Throw?"

LOL! What would the guide say?
*clears throat* "At least an even match up with every character."
Just follow this guide and you'll do good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50S5pS0Frbs

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm going to lock this thread.

It started off in a good direction, but I don't like where it is headed now.

Because this move can be SDI'ed and the set-up is pretty tough it probably won't be very practical. However, I always encourage you guys to continue to search and find new tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom