• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention to anyone who has had their combo video music muted on youtube

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Instead of replacing the music on which you made your combo video around with something from Youtube's selection, just follow these steps

1) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with.
2) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
3) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
4) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;
"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

5) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name and continue
6) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".

The music should be back within a few days. :)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Oh man I hope everyone who has combo vids does this. And yeah a sticky seems like its in order.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
The typical smash video with a song on top of it (especially just clips of songs) are obvious cases of Fair Use. The OP is absolutely correct, here. I encourage everyone to dispute their YouTube takedowns.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah this is very useful knowledge. Just a message of warning though, Ive been doing this for a while, and on a large quantity of videos, and you may sometimes be unsuccessful. If you are unsuccessful too many times, you're youtube account is shut out so use it sparingly on the videos that matter is my advice. Also, i find that the music comes back after like 10 mins, never mind a couple of days, but that may just be me

Also, why has this only come to the attention of melee players recently? Brawlers have been doing this for a while :ohwell:

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Please please PLEASE make sure Shiz gets this message. Shades of Falco was the first combo video of its kind. It introduced waveland-Falco to non-falco mains and scared the **** out of us. Moreover, Shiz's music is integral to the experience.

In the event that Shiz searches for his own name: Shiz Dashizwiz dsw

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to move this to Videography and have it stickied there (it's great advice, I've used it a lot).

I feel that it's more suited there since it sort of concerns the process of getting your video online properly, so this thread can simply be just for posting finished products.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
...but that's in the Brawl section?

Maybe there should be 2 threads because I'm pretty sure Melee players don't check the Brawl video section and vice-versa.

LLDL

Smash Hero
what about the combo videos which we have already did audioswap?

Top Bottom