• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 18: just for Dojo and Inui=9-5-09=BRING FULL SET-UP (wii/tv/ssbb) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO 18

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!! HOBO 18 will be held at the brand new PLANET ZERO! Brawl 1vs1(meta banned), 2vs2(meta legal), Low Tier 2vs2(D/E/F tier) are just SOME of the new things in store for this EPIC TOURNAMENT!!!!! If you are sick of smash why not try some SF4, tekken 6, DDR, Arcana Heart, Melty Blood, Marvel vs Capcom 2, King Of Fighters 12, BlazBlue and much more! Planet Zero has produced some of the greatest memories in Houston smash history as well as the BEGINNINGS as some of our most known players. SHOW UP, RELAX and have fun at PZ!!!!!!!!!

Venue: Planet Zero

Date/time: September 5th, 2009. Be there by 11am and we start at 1pm(if you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee because i HATE late people).

Address: 11920 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77077

Address specifics: WE NEED AS MANY SET-UPS(wii/tv/ssbb) AS POSSIBLE! PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!! If you bring a FULL set-up, i will waive your entry fee.

HOBO 18 Fees/Events: Entry=5$, 1vs1=10$, 2vs2=10$(5$per person). Low Tier(D/E/F tier only) 2vs2=10$(5$ per person)

Track HOBOs with Twitter: http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7153

Live stream: Coming soon......

Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247719

RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick: Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Luigis Mansion

Banned: Every thing else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

The PAYOUT for 1vs1
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

if over 100 players

1st=55%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=2.5%

The PAYOUT for 2vs2
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

General rules:

3 Stock
7 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

::Banned Techs::

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE

Infinite wall grabs. Do not chain grab a foe against a wall more than once without letting them go after the FIRST grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling is banned*

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Ledge Grab Limit Rule*

*Assuming i have a meta legal event, ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 55 times PER MATCH. The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

BONUS features

BONUS Feature 1: At HOBO 17, not a single OOS/OON player could break top 4 in 1vs1 singles! This means they did not get the EXTRA 150$ set aside for them. Now the stakes are even HIGHER. If an OOS/OON player reaches top 3 at HOBO 18, they will recieve a BONUS of 200$(maybe more). Will texas stay undefeated?

BONUS Feature 2: Xyro and Inui challenge ANY and ALL low tier team to a 5$ MM.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
First! SWEET! :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I wish that pot bonus extended a little further than top three. I don't know if I can do that without my MK. Maybe 5th or 4th... >_>;

Top five is normally paid out, right?

Low tier singles???

Vorguen

Smash Champion
how many? 8?
Xyro put me as OON xD

Well so far it's

Confirmed:

Vorguen
Vickey
Shlike
Broly

Mostly confirmed:

Papi
Pax
Magik
Andilex
Syoudous
Vash

Semi confirmed:

Chicken Tenders
Cloud
Omega
HEWB
Fro
MURDR
Shank
Derk
Bombchu
Smoke

And I could have forgotten someone, so yeah Xyro, you do the math yourself.

RGV is like a colony of e-bola.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If it reaches over 100, it's top5 payout. Hobo17 had just over 100, so top5 got paid.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
If we do pools please don't forget to mention the people who didn't make it out of pools Xyro. I know it's demoralizing to a couple of people who didn't get to make it out.

I'm willing to do this for you, give me ALL the results of the pools papers, and I'll put them myself on results for you.

AKA people who went 0-2 the whole way = lowest placing.

People with 1 win only = 2nd lowest

People with 2 wins = 3rd lowest

So on and so forth. It seriously takes like 20 minutes to do and I wouldn't mind doing it for you.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
UTD Zac, stay at DugFinn's house.

I'll be there starting on Wednesday morning.

I want to train with you and get used to your style and stuff like that. We can also strategize.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Awesome, I'm actually confirmed. Not like I'll ask my parents later. I AM! FIRST HOBO!

Also, if you're not staying for lock-down, when do you have to leave? And you can't buy food in venue?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If my memory serves me correctly, they usually keep the place open until 1AM for normal business, so assuming nothing changes...

And they sell food there, but you can't bring outside food. It's a silly rule, but whatever, there's a ton of eating places along Westheimer.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll be there.

My bracket won't matter this time. I'll be ready.

Dojo

Smash Champion
First time I played in a non MK tournament I broke top 10.
The second time I broke top 5.
The third time I broke top 3.

Shiit this is gonna be hard. :)

Dojo

Smash Champion
You're going back to merely top 5, my boy... I'm gonna be there to stop you again ^_^
Psh I'll just have to gay it up hard. Go Ganon like you said. ;)

And I wont let you run the timer on me again game 3 =]
Lmao. I'll never lose to a TL. No matter whether it be with MK or not. Get over it.

Xyro I will also be attending so if you can find housing for me please pm/post in the texas travel plans. <3
You're Phat.

I want 9th... for no reason
You are not Lee. Stop it. xD

judge!

Smash Ace
i shall be there

dk/rob/wario/snake/diddy/GAW/marth/d3 shall win this XD

NEEDS HOUSEING!!!!!!!!!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings

I'm gonna **** you. :bee:

I want 9th... for no reason
No reason, huh?

Mr. Judgement, rofl...

me and shlike wanna mm you guys in low tier teams. ye or nay?
Me and Allan?

Nobody has to even ask. We will refuse nobody.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I wish that pot bonus extended a little further than top three. I don't know if I can do that without my MK. Maybe 5th or 4th... >_>;

Top five is normally paid out, right?

Low tier singles???
No low tier singles, that will be added to World HOBO 2.
Ill extend the BONUS to top 4.
Top 5 will be paid out if 100 show up.

will melee have teams? if not it should.
Melee will ONLY be ran IF the melee players bring thier own set-ups. No melee 2vs2.

Xyro can you put a link to the Southwest travel plans group in the OP. It will greatly help us organize who's driving with who and who's housing with who, etc...

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1144

Thanks!
yes sir. i will do it now.

Awesome, I'm actually confirmed. Not like I'll ask my parents later. I AM! FIRST HOBO!

Also, if you're not staying for lock-down, when do you have to leave? And you can't buy food in venue?
If you DO NOT stay for the lock-in, you MUST leave by 1am.

I want to but im kinda saving WORLD HOBO 2 for that board. I will make the thread right after HOBO 18 is done.

i may have to unban meta if you keep this up.

me and shlike wanna mm you guys in low tier teams. ye or nay?
accepted.

i shall be there

dk/rob/wario/snake/diddy/GAW/marth/d3 shall win this XD

NEEDS HOUSEING!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you seriously coming? as in 100% confirmed? If so, housing is confirmed.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I pay out top four if 50 people show up and top five if 64+ show up. I really hope you pay out to at least 4th. Paying out only top three if 70-99 people show up would be super lame. >_>;

I'm glad the bonus is extended to 4th. Thanks. I'm gunning for that! I need it!

I wish there was low tier singles! Argh!

Ok, in place of low tier singles, I will MM anyone's low tiers (including Sonic) for any amount with my Ike at this! Just ask me at the event and I will do it!

If me and Dojo both do well without MK, it just shows that it's us and not MK!

Well, actually, it's already obvious I do well with other characters, I just use MK for certain match-ups. >_>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom