• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best secondaries who aren't MK for Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Ok, I haven't seen a thread on this and ChiboSempai banned MK in Philadelphia so Im using Wolf. Yes the commander of the Star Wolf fleet is making a top in Philadelphia, and I choices for secondaries. I thought Diddy Kong, Falco, Snake. Who else is good?

tekkie

Smash Master
Ekans, then Wario, then Flaco.

I dunno. In theory I use Kirby, but I haven't had to fight a good Dedede yet so it's been straight Wolf.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Diddy's a pretty good 2nd for wolf considering he does good against his other match-ups.
for me i main wolf/diddy/snake. for me its easier for me to cp with snake cause its basically space f-tilt camp nades :d. but you prob want somebody who has a similar playstyle like wolf so I would say diddy or kirby, i wouldnt use wario cause he will eff up your wolf game and you'll prob drop wolf xd

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I originally had DDD for a secondary, but because I'm an idiot, I'm going Wolf all the way.

I would go with Falco. He seems like the best secondary, imo.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Woo hoo, a smart player using Wolf.

I personally like Marth for Wolf because he ***** Pikachu, and then DDD and Falco are actually managable with Marth. They may not be the best matchup against them... but hey, it's manageable now, and if you're smarter you should win xD

It really depends on whether you're looking for an advantaged matchup, or just a manageable one. Because if you were to second someone Snake, DDD could be trouble for you, if you were to use Falco, good luck with Pika, etc etc. You also have to keep in mind counterpicks, people could still counterpick you and you probably wouldn't wanna go back to Wolf, just in case they CP one of his very disadvantaged matchups, so I chose a character that does fairly well against everyone...Marth =D

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
so I chose a character that does fairly well against everyone...Marth =D
Actually, Wario is pretty beast. Save against Marth, and we already know Wolf can take on marth.

I would think that Wario's the best pick, now that I think about it. Anyone wish to argue that claim?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well, I'd honestly wait a while before you choose a secondary, and then choose it based on the character you do worst against with wolf. As yummynbeefy said, wolf can handle every single matchup, but everyone has their personal matchups that affect their gameplay. Find out what your worst personal matchup is with wolf, and then go for an appropriate secondary :) Idk anything about diddy lol so can't give any input on that.

:059:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I used G&W awhile ago because he supposedly handles Wolf's weaknesses well, but my G&W has always sucked. I just have never been able to learn how to use him well. Maybe he just isn't my style :/ I currently second Snake because he is very fun to use and I'm actually pretty good with him. I may look for another character to use later too.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i always thought that marth was a pretty good 2nd for wolf, both need good spacing but marth is just better as an overall character.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Ironically, my top 3 are Wolf, Marth, TL, then Z/S......
I can already notice 2 patterns.
Of those 4 (or 5 if u like to count Z n S as seperate characters for some reason)
2 benefit from a dacus with z = attack.
2 of them use swords.
5 of them are bad ***.
2 of them are human males.
2 of them are human females.
1 of them is Wolf.
EDIT: I suppose that'd be top 4 or 5, actually.....hmm....ah well....

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Ice Climbers cover D3, Falco, Kirby, and are ok against MK, Pika and Wario. I would say them, but they aren't exactly someone you secondary generally, since they take so much time. Most people end up maining them instead. IC and Wolf seems like a good combination to me though. IC against the characters I mentioned, and Wolf against Snake and Marth, then whoever you feel like using against everyone else.

And since someone else made a comparison, I guess I will too.
My top 3 are Wolf, IC, and Jiggs. I also alt Sheik and Fox.

3 are known for getting chain grab ***** and comboed badly.
2 are known for almost never getting chain grabbed or comboed.
3 are easy to gimp.
2 are almost impossible to gimp.
2 are known for bad range.
3 are known for great smashes.
2 can't really kill unless it's a gimp.
2 are furrys.
2 are human.
2 have cool jackets and gloves.
3 are in the same tier.
3 are in the same tier for the same reason.
3 are every pika's and kirby's dream to fight.
4 of them aren't Wolf.

... we should make tier lists like this.

But bringing it back on topic, Wolf with IC as his alt sounds good on paper.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
But then if you win you get CPed, so when you're choosing your character the other player can counterpick Snake or DDD depending on which character you use. So...

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Best secondaries who aren't MK for Wolf.

Lol XD Well I main MK and am using Wolf for MK Banned tournaments, so MK wouldn't help and my MK is already REALLY good. I'm thinking about Falco/Pit/Diddy

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Yeah, honetsly, there's no way around some bad MUs on your way to number one in a tourney. You're just gonna have to play gay/well. A secondary can only take care of a little bit. With that in mind, the best you can do is what JJ had said earlier, plus GnW.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Just surprise everyone and use ness, no one will see it coming! wario sounds like a good idea, he's not hard to get down and does pretty &^%$ well against everyone else... stupid floaty freak...

Frank West

Smash Apprentice
I agree it'd be wario. He can handle almost anything you'll encounter at a tourney really. I'm actually in the process of learning him now and getting results pretty fast.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Falco would be the best if you can figure out how to kill... have fun in Falco dittos =D

Except against Pika, but you can just camp Pika hard.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
actually I would say kirby is the best alternate since he does well against wolf counters while doing well on bad wolf stages like rainbow cruise

KRDsonic

Smash Master
But then if you win you get CPed, so when you're choosing your character the other player can counterpick Snake or DDD depending on which character you use. So...
Snake is managable for Ice Climbers. Just win the first match in the set... or if you don't, just choose your character based on the stage they pick. If they pick Battlefield (which would be common if they plan on going Snake when they see you use Ice Climbers, best stage for him to use against them) then pick Wolf. Then they'll pick D3, but Battlefield has quite a few platforms and is small so you don't get chain grabbed as bad.

Then again, I'm not exactly known for making the best counterpicks...

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I just use to many characters to have a single secondary, so I swap depending on the match-up

I play

Wolf
Falco
Diddy
Wario
Ice Climbers
Peach
ZSS
Lucario

So I swap depending on a match-up, but overall I use falco and ice climbers the most to help out my wolf, and the rest are basically for, I don't know, I just like playing them whenever I can :p

I also use diddy a lot of MK and since he is basically my second best character.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
I know you will all laugh at me but my vote for best wolf secondary goes straight to sonic. everyone is managable if your sonic lol

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You know how at the bottom of old threads they say something like "WARNING: There have been no posts in this thread for a month" and then something about not posting unless you have something REALLY important?

Please don't bump these threads unless you have something really important to post :x Sonic... is plausible tbh, I don't know enough about him to say anything for sure, but a year-old thread is not the place to talk about it :p

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom