• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.s.b.n.f.l.d. 2

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
Newfoundland will be hosting its next tournament on the 19th of September. We will be making this a regional and have people from all over Newfoundland to attend.

It will be hosted at Sir Wilfred Grenfell College in the student lounge (loads of couches and tables 2 vending machines, washrooms not far away and security down the hall.) in Corner Brook. SWGC is located on University Drive by the Pepsi center go through the front entrance there will be someone to greet you.

$10 entry fee, $10 covers all events.

Rules:
x Any Characters Allowed
x 3 Stock
x No Items
x 8 minutes
x Best 2/3 (all Finals 3/5)
x Dave's Stupid Rule: On (Can't Cp a stage you won on before)
x Team Attack: On
x Pools/Double Elimination

- Neutral Stages - (Game 1)

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island

- Counterpicks - (After Game 1)

- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Lylat Cruise
- Halberd
- Brinstar (Melee)
- Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
- Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
- Norfair
- Frigate Orpheon

-During the case of sudden death If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.

-If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-If both the percent and stock are tied at the end the match will be played over. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters.

-Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

The above rules apply for both singles a doubles.

For doubles, if you cannot get a partner one will be assigned to you before hand.

Tourny will start at 3:00 (GMT -3:30)

AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7182

Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmDLU3D0EZo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIYk6MffZ68&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2SFZBO8uI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tThkO6Pmgz0&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sb3WR_fvA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tMg8Wxi0so&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8foMnMSmW2s

Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype!

MasterChef

Smash Rookie
^No chance, since I'll be absorbing the power of the west coast you east-coasters have no chance.

West coast top 5
Booyah ;)

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Aha, Team Redundancy Team top 3 is inevitable!

I'm really looking forward to this tournament.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
This is looking really bad on anyone from Nova Scotia thinking attending this. Mainly because myself and my partner have a really tight schedule, since we would have to leave on Friday right after school to get there, and then we'd have to leave on Sunday in a hassle. (Assuming this takes place on a saturday/sunday). To get there in time and get back in time, we'd have to take Air Canada to Corner Brook, which is about 500$ there and back.

You guys are welcome to come to the Nova Scotia tournament on August 29th, although since it's such short notice you probably won't make it. If you host another one of these in November or a couple of weeks before Christmas, I'm sure I can make the trip down. Right now though, it's just too big of a hassle. Unless you guys manage to get over 80 people, in which I'd be obliged to go to the biggest Maritime event ever XD.

Sorry guys, and hopefully later on before the end of 2009 we can have an NS vs. Newfoundland crew battle :)

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
This is looking really bad on anyone from Nova Scotia thinking attending this. Mainly because myself and my partner have a really tight schedule, since we would have to leave on Friday right after school to get there, and then we'd have to leave on Sunday in a hassle. (Assuming this takes place on a saturday/sunday). To get there in time and get back in time, we'd have to take Air Canada to Corner Brook, which is about 500$ there and back.

You guys are welcome to come to the Nova Scotia tournament on August 29th, although since it's such short notice you probably won't make it. If you host another one of these in November or a couple of weeks before Christmas, I'm sure I can make the trip down. Right now though, it's just too big of a hassle. Unless you guys manage to get over 80 people, in which I'd be obliged to go to the biggest Maritime event ever XD.

Sorry guys, and hopefully later on before the end of 2009 we can have an NS vs. Newfoundland crew battle :)
Alright Zhao its dissapointing to hear but I understand completly. Skipping school for brawl is silly anyway. I'll be looking forward to our next regional. Also definitly won't be able to make it to that, but in the future yeah definitly.

Te-Jay

Smash Apprentice
Corner Brook/St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
i'm trying to round up as many from the corner brook area as i can myself. I'll do up some posters later on and get them put in areas where they won't get taken down. Preferbially EB games and around the universities/colleges. (with permission this time :p)
(ps. west rules!)

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
i'm trying to round up as many from the corner brook area as i can myself. I'll do up some posters later on and get them put in areas where they won't get taken down. Preferbially EB games and around the universities/colleges. (with permission this time :p)
(ps. west rules!)
Yeah i'm trying to round up as many brawlers from Stephenville as I can, got one yesturday actually that is supposbly a mod on this site but I have only been talking to someone who knows him so far. Wonder who that could be :ohwell:

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
The sad part is that GZus would never put money on just himself winning anything. Always chokes in tournaments!

But yeah I'm willing to bet on this too.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
As far as I know, their Wiis are also hacked, so saving replays shouldn't be a problem as long as people actually remember to do so.
cool so thats a yes... awesome

some of my other friends want to see my matchs lol... so i was just curious

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
awesome. i guess we can expect youtube on the horizon... xD

well its too long until then! i cant wait to meet you west coast smashers and have a great time!

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Host one for next summer and I'll guarantee that Nova Scotians will come up. Epic crew battles+me getting ***** by Newfoundland players= too good!

Top Bottom