• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Secret to Bone-Walking.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Many of you Peaches are having trouble.

captainpraxis (6:39:36 PM): in that I CAN'T SEEM TO DO IT
IceNinjaSky (6:39:41 PM): Bone walk?
captainpraxis (6:39:44 PM): yes
captainpraxis (6:39:45 PM): oh and
captainpraxis (6:39:49 PM): this'll also help Snake and G&W
IceNinjaSky (6:39:51 PM): then you're over thiniking it./
captainpraxis (6:39:53 PM): and Marth
IceNinjaSky (6:39:54 PM): thinking*
captainpraxis (6:39:55 PM): probably
captainpraxis (6:40:00 PM): I tap forward
captainpraxis (6:40:06 PM): if I press down-B too fast nothing happens
captainpraxis (6:40:09 PM): so I tap forward
captainpraxis (6:40:12 PM): then down-B when I can
captainpraxis (6:40:17 PM): and then roll the stick forward
captainpraxis (6:40:19 PM): nothing happens
IceNinjaSky (6:47:32 PM): So.
IceNinjaSky (6:47:35 PM): Hm.
IceNinjaSky (6:47:40 PM): Wanna know the secret?
IceNinjaSky (6:47:46 PM): Cause just by your explination
IceNinjaSky (6:47:48 PM): you're doing it wrong
IceNinjaSky (6:47:50 PM): Looooooooooooooooool
captainpraxis (6:57:43 PM): whats the secret?

And I had a good read.

IceNinjaSky (7:00:45 PM): Lol
IceNinjaSky (7:00:48 PM): Lemme guess
IceNinjaSky (7:00:51 PM): Every time you **** up
IceNinjaSky (7:00:55 PM): You Foward B, right?
captainpraxis (7:00:57 PM): YES
IceNinjaSky (7:01:01 PM): LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
captainpraxis (7:01:03 PM): help meeeees
IceNinjaSky (7:01:21 PM): Kk Fine.
captainpraxis (7:01:23 PM): <3
IceNinjaSky (7:01:25 PM): But don't say I never helped you.
captainpraxis (7:01:28 PM): got it
IceNinjaSky (7:01:33 PM): Admit that I'm the better peach.
IceNinjaSky (7:01:35 PM): right here, right now
IceNinjaSky (7:01:40 PM):
captainpraxis (7:01:57 PM): *grumblegrumble*Skysthebestpeachever*grumblegrumble*
IceNinjaSky (7:01:59 PM): Loooooooool

Here's the secret, and I'm not kidding when I say this.

Don't Roll anything.

When you dash, and then you down B, In another INDIVIDUAL Motion, press Forward. Don't roll your stick or any of that, just...

------->, V B, ----->

Forward. Down B. Forward.

This blog assumes you know how to B stick it and such. If you don't research it a bit before you come here. K thx.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
no...just press it normally, it'll be the same.

i just can't seem to time my down B correctly half the time. =(

ediT: ooooooh ****, everyone's callin it bone-walking now. ;D

hiROI

Smash Lord
yea thats my problem too D;
But today i was playing with my friend, and in the Marth match up, this is tooooo good. BoneWalking+Reverse Glide Toss=EXTREME DISTANCE.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i wonder how good sliding fsmash is now since we can just add the fsmash to the end of this as a surprise approach or like a retreating fsmash. @_@

Sky`

Smash Lord
edreesespieces (10:27:39 PM): dude
edreesespieces (10:27:41 PM): i can do it like
edreesespieces (10:27:44 PM): 15% of the time now
edreesespieces (10:27:49 PM): which is REALLLL feeling good
IceNinjaSky (10:27:53 PM): Looooool
IceNinjaSky (10:27:54 PM): =D
edreesespieces (10:27:58 PM): thankssss
edreesespieces (10:28:03 PM): my problem is i didn't understand the concept
edreesespieces (10:28:04 PM): thanksss
IceNinjaSky (10:28:05 PM): no problem.
IceNinjaSky (10:28:07 PM): I'm glad that
IceNinjaSky (10:28:09 PM): peaches are evolving.
edreesespieces (10:28:21 PM): omfg going left i can do it 50%
edreesespieces (10:28:26 PM): right is like 10%
edreesespieces (10:28:26 PM): haha
IceNinjaSky (10:28:26 PM): Hhah
IceNinjaSky (10:28:31 PM): yeah some sides are eh.
edreesespieces (10:29:10 PM): OMFG I JUST DID IT 10/13 times
IceNinjaSky (10:29:16 PM): LOOOOOOOOOOL

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
edreesespieces (10:27:41 PM): i can do it like
edreesespieces (10:27:44 PM): 15% of the time now

edreesespieces (10:29:10 PM): OMFG I JUST DID IT 10/13 times
In Brawl it takes around two minutes to master an advance technique. :laugh:

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I can do this without b-sticking. :T

I kind of like my C-Stick... Y'know floating and reverse throwing turnips, hitting c-stick up and then down to momentum cancelllllllllllllllllll

juuuuuuust sayin.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Am I the only one who thinks the B stick doesn't help at all? My problem isn't knowing when to press forward, my problem is knowing when to press down B. the same problem is there even with b sticking.. lol.

In Brawl it takes around two minutes to master an advance technique. :laugh:
LOL. That's hilarious. But, lets be fair, I spent an hour and a half practicing it before this IM convo =) Nothing compared to what I'd spent practicing in Melee but hey, it's more than 90% of the other characters in this game need for their AT's....haha.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Actually with b-sticking you just hold forward and the window for pressing down B w/ it is so much bigger or it seems like it. With B stick I did this 100 percent of the time without practice. ;o

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Wait huh? So when you B stick, you can just simply dash and press Down on the b stick and it will do it automatically? You don't have to time a dash after the turnip pull?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
lol edrees, it's just dash forward (keep holding forward) + turnip pull (still holding forward)

and volila. it's dumb`ss easy.

hiROI

Smash Lord
lol thats all you have to do for bsticking?
it took me a while and a couple of videos xD

I find the cstick easier than the bstick

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Oh wow, I didn't realize b sticking made it that way, since I tried doing it C sticking before i experimented with the b stick. Cool to know but yeah I can't give up my c stick either, not to mention I'm halfway to getting this down consistently without a b stick anyway.

Heck even if didn't need the c stick i'd rather learn how to do it without b sticking. I'm just too **** lazy to change my controls, I'm sooo impatient I hate waiting the extra 40 seconds before a match.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh ****, don't play me in tourney then. ima give you a cold stare down for those 40 seconds, then ima be like o shi-~! wrong controls, my bad! and then another 40 seconds of intense gyarados-style intimidation mindgames. ;]

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
lol changing controls imo isn't even that great.

from playing melee it just feels good enough to leave it at normal controls.

though, i b stick with lucas cause i can go under FD :D

Xyless

Smash Master
B-sticking makes it harder to practice. When you mess up, you jump, which is annoying. Plus, practicing without gives you...practice normally.

Bone-walking is Peach's most important AT, in my opinion. I always work on it whenever I have time. I still haven't done it much in tourney play because I'm always afraid I'll mess it up, but during friendlies and stuff I've done it all the time and it always messes up my opponents.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I'll repeat myself again. After you fox trot and press down-b, make sure to release down-b, then press forward.

This will aid Peach's camping game and maybe a possible approach to reverse glide-toss, but it approaching w/ this seems risky.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
well it's goodkid it depends on how close the bone-walk lands you in front of the opponent.

but yeah you can just run up and then reverse glide toss and then turnip pull again as the glide toss ends. stole that sh`t from praxis long ago lol.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This will aid Peach's camping game and maybe a possible approach to reverse glide-toss, but it approaching w/ this seems risky.
It's pretty crappy as a direct approach. You're basically mobilized in your vulnerable "turnip pulling" animation. It's only good offensively when closing distance or when used as a surprise.

Dash Pull -> Forward Glidetoss is a fantastic opening move at the start of the match - it's Peach's fastest movement and will get you in their face much sooner than expected. ...as long as they don't expect it. :p

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
LOL. That's hilarious. But, lets be fair, I spent an hour and a half practicing it before this IM convo =) Nothing compared to what I'd spent practicing in Melee but hey, it's more than 90% of the other characters in this game need for their AT's....haha.
So true. Peach is one of the most difficult characters to use effectively in Brawl, that's why I enjoy playing her (and the only reason I still play Brawl).

About this technique, it's somewhat useful IMO. But still, you have other options (such as running for the ledge for a ledge-canceled turnip, or simply running farther and plucking it on your "safe zone") and not risking yourself to mess this up and get punished. Even so, it's a good option to have in your arsenal, so it's still worth to learn.

I can get this to work most of the times I try it on training mode, but I usually mess this up in important matches because since I'm retreating, I'm trying to desperately get away from the opponent, which makes me press the down B a bit too soon, and I just pluck the turnip in their face and get smacked. You'll see what I mean when you start to apply it to actual matches.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Peach had all this technical hidden potential.

Drk. Pch was Right for all the wrong reasons. L m f

a o

$BONE$

Smash Ace
ooooh wow i see, that's pretty cool. hopefully once i master bone-walking, then i can master boning as well
LOL. too funny.

---

i'm glad everyone is using this technique. i didn't enter the last tournament i was in because i was pretty uninterested with it, however... the big man DSF actually opened me up a bit and inspired me to play brawl for a little bit by lending me some of his knowledge and.. i'm working on a new play style and techniques involving her auto cancels which i feel isn't practiced enough or discussed very often. then again, who knows. there's just too much stuff about this babe.

there was also another technique you could do where you could fast fall out of your float? i cant find the video though.. i'm trying to learn that right now.. keep it up ladies. i have class now. bai.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
LOL. too funny.

---

i'm glad everyone is using this technique. i didn't enter the last tournament i was in because i was pretty uninterested with it, however... the big man DSF actually opened me up a bit and inspired me to play brawl for a little bit by lending me some of his knowledge and.. i'm working on a new play style and techniques involving her auto cancels which i feel isn't practiced enough or discussed very often. then again, who knows. there's just too much stuff about this babe.

there was also another technique you could do where you could fast fall out of your float? i cant find the video though.. i'm trying to learn that right now.. keep it up ladies. i have class now. bai.
I think Hotgarbage posted that video. And if you mean expirimenting with Float-cancels, DO IT! It's amazing, really.

Also, LOL @ Choknater XD You're a funny guy, really.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
LOL. too funny.

---

OMG YOU MIND READER. I WAS LOOKING THROUGH OLD THREADS TO FIND THAT TRICK. LOL!!! wow. JUST LAST NIGHT I WAS. Man. (the fast fall out of float trick) AHHH where is it!?!?!? It's SO USEFUL.

Top Bottom