• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Travel Plans - A very useful resource!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Southwest Travel Plans

Welcome to the Southwest Travel Plans group! The purpose of this group is to create a well organized and easy to use list of upcoming events for the smash community in the southwest region. We will be able to share with each other what tournaments we want to attend, who will be going to each tournament, how we plan to get to those tournaments, where we will stay/sleep while there, and general contact information.

With that being said, please be respectful of others by not editing this document with false information. Don't even think about doing stupid stuff. I can undo any change with two clicks.

Link to the Google Doc
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhpqwx5b_12gwwrmrgf
You edit this document by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page or clicking the link below.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?tab=edit&dr=true&id=dhpqwx5b_12gwwrmrgf

How it got started?
The idea of having a Southwest Travel Plans resource started out a while back as a private group. We had only a few members that had one goal in mind: we wanted a place to plan out traveling to tournaments around TX. It was a place to share phone numbers and address. Then more people became interesting and wanted in on our travel plans. The group quickly became public. Eventually I got tired of being the only person able to update the group's front page with travel information. So I decided to create a Google Doc (works like a Wikipedia article) so that everyone can edit and update information without me being around.

What should I do in this thread?
This thread not only provides the link to the Google Doc (which you should bookmark btw) it also provides a place to talk to people about traveling. You can post links to upcoming tournaments, ask for rides to a tournament, ask for housing, or whatever.

Something I would recommend all of you doing is subscribing to this thread. To subscribe click on "Thread Tools" at the top of this thread (if you can't find that, hit Ctrl+F, type Thread Tools, and it will highlight it for you) then click on "Subscribe to this Thread" The benefit of subscribing to threads is that you'll be able to easily see when someone posts something new simply by accessing your UserCP page. Here is a link to the UserCP page if you want to bookmark it: http://www.smashboards.com/usercp.php

Enjoy!
Questions or Comments? PM me

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is amazing Zac. Thank you.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I dont know but forward seems to be in charge. plenty of stated will be there, i think they are working on getting california there too. Ill see if they confirm or something

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
dphat told me to mention that me, fatty, sars, and kosmos may come to dallas so that he may take us to hobo.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I'm going to Hobo, but I don't need a ride. Everytime I click on that link it tells me there's an error. So I'm posting it here. >_<

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm going to Hobo, but I don't need a ride. Everytime I click on that link it tells me there's an error. So I'm posting it here. >_<
Yeah I can't figure out why sometimes I get an error when trying to access the site, and sometimes I don't. I'm expecting Google to fix this shortly. I'll post an alternate link just in case.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For HOBO 18, who has a free spot to come get me since Dphat is taking a car full of Oklahoma?

For No Koast, Bear you going/wanna come get me and carpool with another Dallas Car to Kansas?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Oh yeah I also suggest that if you aren't a driver and need a spot in someone car put your name under Need Carpool instead of instantly adding yourself to someone carpool list. I just don't want to be surprised when I tell someone i got an open spot and then find out someone added themselves to my list.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
So, it looks like we need to look for some back-up housing for HOBO 18. Seiya might have to work. If so, we are gonna need to find a different place to stay.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
OK RULES

1. $12 For Carpool
2. No Smoking
3. No Alcohol
4. No ANY RECREATIONAL DRUGS
-I DONT WANT TO GET PULLED OVER. AND YOU HAVE THIS **** ON YOU
5. Food Is Ok, and Drinks. and we'll stop for anything you like on the way there
6. NO changing my music
-Mae
-The Dear Hunter
-Mt Zion (discography)
-some indie bands
-sigur ros
-my phone (which has some stuff on it too)
- you can bring your iPod and hook it up to my stereo if i approve of it(i dont like rap or country) (no i dont care if it has bad words it just has to be good music)
7. Please Don't Be loud when were driving through downtown dallas or any confusing place like that. I need to focus ^^/

if you break any of these rules i will kick you out and drop you off at a gas station or something.
.. If any of the Dallas Carpools want to follow me then we will meet at around 5 or 6 or earlier at somewhere just call me. I'm bringing my laptop and it has a bunch of anime(good stuff) on it 6hr battery life people can watch in the back

1. Me
2. Katie
3. Michael
4. Damien
5. Echo

ALL PEOPLE IN MY CAR POOL CALL ME ON THURS around 1pm-UP LEAVE A VOICEMAIL (possibly ill pick up) TO TELL ME YOU ARE GOING 3046577455

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah I also suggest that if you aren't a driver and need a spot in someone car put your name under Need Carpool instead of instantly adding yourself to someone carpool list. I just don't want to be surprised when I tell someone i got an open spot and then find out someone added themselves to my list.
o sorry Dphat, u said in the other topic for ppl to do that, i must have miss understood
sorry.
(if ur directing that at me)

Everis755

Smash Cadet
I havn't had access to internet, but i'm really wanting to go to Hobo and i dont mind driving if i can find a few people to car pool and help split gas. 9568743435.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I also call dibs. However there's not a 100% chance I will be able to go. I will have a definite answer by tomorrow Boose.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Ya i think i might have to withdraw my car pool, since there are no people who need pooling lol. Good luck to everyone @ Hobo =)

Top Bottom