• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New peachy vids from me :3 (updated 28th/08)

Samochan

Smash Master
So peki decided to get a capture card and ofc we had to test it out thoroughly. :p So here are some matches peki has put up (**** him for making that ganondorf vid private), should be some more matches later when he uploads the rest. Feedback would be appreciated very much. ^_^

Better vids are marked with a *, those with combos are with **

date ~ month ~ year

23-08-09

Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 1
Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 2

Samo vs Peki (falco) 1
Samo vs Peki (falco) 2
Samo vs Peki (falco) 3
Samo vs Peki (falco) 4
Samo vs Peki (falco) 5 *
Samo vs Peki (falco) 6
Samo vs Peki (falco) 7
Samo vs Peki (falco) 8

Samo vs Peki (fox) 1

Samo vs Peki (marth) 1 *
Samo vs Peki (marth) 2

Samo vs Peki (sheik) 1
Samo vs Peki (sheik) 2

Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 3 *

Samo vs Peki (fox) 2
Samo vs Peki (fox) 3
Samo vs Peki (fox) 4
Samo vs Peki (fox) 5

Samo vs Peki (falco) 9
Samo vs Peki (falco) 10
Samo vs Peki (falco) 11
Samo vs Peki (falco) 12

Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 4

Samo vs Peki (luigi) 1

Samo vs Peki (jiggs) 1

Samo vs Peki (doc) 1

v --- NEW --- v

Samo vs Peki (marth) 3
Samo vs Peki (marth) 4
Samo vs Peki (marth) 5

21-08-09

Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 1 *
Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 2 **
Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 3

Samo vs Peki (marth) 1

Samo vs Peki (jiggs) 1 *
Samo vs Peki (jiggs) 2

Samo vs Peki (green peach) 1 *
Samo vs Peki (pink peach) 2 *

Samo vs Peki (falco) 1 **
Samo vs Peki (falco) 2
Samo vs Peki (falco) 3

Samo vs Peki (fox) 1
Samo vs Peki (fox) 2

Samo vs Peki (marth) 2

Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 4

Samo vs Peki (link) 1 **

Samo vs Peki (falco) 4
Samo vs Peki (falco) 5

Samo vs Peki (bowser) 1 **

Samo vs Peki (fox) 3
Samo vs Peki (fox) 4 **
Samo vs Peki (fox) 5 *
Samo vs Peki (fox) 6 *

Samo vs Peki (falco) 6 **
Samo vs Peki (falco) 7
Samo vs Peki (falco) 8
Samo vs Peki (falco) 9

Samo vs Peki (jiggs) 3

Samo vs Peki (falco) 10

Samo vs Peki (marth) 3

Samo vs Peki (c.falcon) 5

---

I'm aware of certain... habits I need to dispose of. Namely that stupid dash attacking when people are dash dancing, it is fairly futile and will get me punished even if it scores a weak hit in the end. >_> If nothing else, more mixups (liek grabs and fairs). Less one time slaps would be nice too, easy to cc and punish Oos as peki has proven from time to time. Also need to play a lot more accurate than on these, this was fairly lazy of me and did many technical mistakes on these (lol at double jumps, aerial dodges, so many sidesteps, failed smash di uairs and things and failed meteor cancels). Need to work on my approach, especially marth *ugh*, also that riseup seems to be way too obvious if peki's able to capitalise on it so well always. Too much rolling as well, need a substitute for that one or just suppress those instincts. Quick turnip throw to fast fall fc nair dsmash has somehow been forgotten, pff, same with other things like parasol oos and those ever useful float cancels have seemingly been replaced with wd. <_< Oh and never dash attack randomly, people just might cc it and kill you lol. -__-;;

Hope you enjoy these :3

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I've only watched the videos of you vs. Peki's Falcon because my internet connection is slow and this is what I saw.

Peki's falcon is good, lol.

He has very good platform movement, doesn't seem to miss l-cancels, and knows Falcon's idiosyncrasies very well.

That said I suggest you crouch cancel more at lower percents (< 50). It will allow you to jab/ d-smash his nair approach. This also allows you to jab back when he jabs after missing an aerial. Obviously run from or try to fc nair his dair approaches.

Another thing about jabbing, it screws up his dash dancing game. If you jab falcon as he's running from you, it will stop him in his tracks.

Make sure that you di down and away from falcon's down throw. He seemed to abuse that on you (and it worked for the most part). You can di down and away and then mash a and you'll usually get a nair out before he can follow up.

Also, try edge guarding with nair more often when falcon recovers below you instead of dair. He seemed to be waiting for it every time. Nair should be a good mix up because it knocks him down and away.

You already know most of the thing you need to work on, so that's all I really have to say. I enjoyed watching the videos. I'll watch the others when I get back to school and have a good internet connection again.

Samochan

Smash Master
I've only watched the videos of you vs. Peki's Falcon because my internet connection is slow and this is what I saw.

Peki's falcon is good, lol.

He has very good platform movement, doesn't seem to miss l-cancels, and knows Falcon's idiosyncrasies very well.
Agreed *_*

That said I suggest you crouch cancel more at lower percents (< 50). It will allow you to jab/ d-smash his nair approach. This also allows you to jab back when he jabs after missing an aerial. Obviously run from or try to fc nair his dair approaches.
I try to cc, but my reaction time is not quite as good so thus I miss it, pff. Or due to other reasons. <_< But cc'ign nair always is not that good either, cause falcon can just jump again and do something nasty while I futilely try to dsmash him. And if I cc it into jab, he immediately responds with his own or jump because he has become accustomed to it, my jabbing that is. Falcon's nair close quarters actually dodges the jab alltogether but peach gets hit.
Another thing about jabbing, it screws up his dash dancing game. If you jab falcon as he's running from you, it will stop him in his tracks.
Same as above, but he knows how to keep his distance so he can run away, simple jabbing has gotten me punished too often. So I'm trying to lessen my jabbing and replace it with something else.
Make sure that you di down and away from falcon's down throw. He seemed to abuse that on you (and it worked for the most part). You can di down and away and then mash a and you'll usually get a nair out before he can follow up.
The nair will only clash, so it doesn't help me that much. If I were able to aerial dodge, that might save me from some knees, but overall I try to di away and down or mix up my di some. I had heard at some point that di'ing on certain angle makes falcon unable to get at peach, but i haven't gotten that down yet. :/
Also, try edge guarding with nair more often when falcon recovers below you instead of dair. He seemed to be waiting for it every time. Nair should be a good mix up because it knocks him down and away.
Nair on the edge is something he'll always tech and then up b'd me, same with basically everything he's able to tech or doesn't misstime, but nair/bair are most prominent. Fair might make him misstime his tech and spacing that is good, being able to punish his walltech and butt has range as well. Dair on the other hand will keep him down till he makes a mistake in smash di and if nothing else, makes him easier to ko. However I do try to improve my off stage float game, but it's mostly guessing at what height he'll recover in, thus making it very risky and me getting edgeguarded instead if I don't get him.

Thanks for the input :3

Quaz

Smash Master
dont forget samochan when he ledgetechs your fc'd aerials and goes for an up B you should be able to avoid/outpriortize that because of the use of float canceling, gotta abuse it when you can right?

Samochan

Smash Master
dont forget samochan when he ledgetechs your fc'd aerials and goes for an up B you should be able to avoid/outpriortize that because of the use of float canceling, gotta abuse it when you can right?
Eh, I won't outprioritise that when he immediately up b's cause it grabs, it goes trough the fc attempts and I think only armada would be that quick as to fc again immediately after he lands, but I can and I will avoid the tech if I do a quick float cancel with range and run away, like fair.

More matches uploaded from today. :o

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Are we still talking about Bowser?

Cuz all you gotta do is space your fair so that he has to chase you with UpB OoS. Which you punish with a downsmash.

You ate WAY too many UpBs.

Samochan

Smash Master
Are we still talking about Bowser?

Cuz all you gotta do is space your fair so that he has to chase you with UpB OoS. Which you punish with a downsmash.

You ate WAY too many UpBs.
I thought it was about falcon. =D Cause ledgeteching with bowser is so lololol useless as he dies from it.

But yea, basically I was fooling around that bowser match, trying to combo him lol cause boozer is so big and heavy char. Haven't played the matchup a lot though.

Samochan

Smash Master
Just v Marth, try to get some more turnips into the air especially when approaching. Approaching and defending from marth is very tricky, as one tipper opportunity can lead to your stock loss.
Yea, I've put some thought into that matchup. It's undoubtedly my worst one, if the marth has any peach exp and plays smart-aggro style instead of defensive for example, but I do need to switch my style and approach if I wanna beat marth. I did manage to beat peki's marth very nicely on one match yesterday though, so I'll look at it thoroughly and take mental notes what I did right and worked and what didn't work.

Armada di against the fairs and things to get less stun works fairly well in some situations. On ntsc you'd have to ofc di very much away and up if you wanna avoid getting ken comboed and on pal that might lead to reverse up b tipper. But basically certain di means peach might even get a nair in between or squeeze trough marth's attacks so he cannot continue his combos.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Nair on the edge is something he'll always tech and then up b'd me, same with basically everything he's able to tech or doesn't misstime, but nair/bair are most prominent. Fair might make him misstime his tech and spacing that is good, being able to punish his walltech and butt has range as well. Dair on the other hand will keep him down till he makes a mistake in smash di and if nothing else, makes him easier to ko. However I do try to improve my off stage float game, but it's mostly guessing at what height he'll recover in, thus making it very risky and me getting edgeguarded instead if I don't get him.

Thanks for the input :3
In that case, try dropping a turnip into ledge hog. See if that works for you. My point is to just mix up your edge guarding because falcon's recovery is terrible and peach has a lot of options for edge guarding.

Samochan

Smash Master
In that case, try dropping a turnip into ledge hog. See if that works for you. My point is to just mix up your edge guarding because falcon's recovery is terrible and peach has a lot of options for edge guarding.
Ya, turnip sniping is good, but dropping the turnip on his face creates less hitstun than throwing it. And since he doesn't really stall as much in the air as marth for example does, peach does not have time to perform turnip drop hog. And in the end, calcon might get a lucky grab out of it too, so it's risky and then I'd need to perform fc nair in front of him which might not make it, since dsmash can be cc'ed and di'ed. Turnip sniping into stuff is prolly the best bet nevertheless, but I've done some off stage nairing as well.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Marth is tied for my best matchup next to falcon, so maybe I can shed a little light on it
When he's fair comboing, try to do one of two things: you can get the upper tipper hitbox and get knocked up and recover from there, or go as far in as possible, have him miss the sweetspot, and then nair. I, for one, do not think that comboing, or getting lots of attacks in a row, against marth is a good idea, so my marth game is mostly just Nair him till he goes away then turnip him until he comes back.

Samochan

Smash Master
Marth is tied for my best matchup next to falcon, so maybe I can shed a little light on it
When he's fair comboing, try to do one of two things: you can get the upper tipper hitbox and get knocked up and recover from there, or go as far in as possible, have him miss the sweetspot, and then nair. I, for one, do not think that comboing, or getting lots of attacks in a row, against marth is a good idea, so my marth game is mostly just Nair him till he goes away then turnip him until he comes back.
It is certainly possible to combo marth somewhat, if you predict his movements and attacks, or at least make a string of attacks. (rofl uthrow -> uptilt at 0%, too good) The percentage needs to be kept relatively even, cause if marth gets ahead he has a lot easier time to build up damage than peach. Survivability is also very important for peach, as is guarding that marth when he's off stage. Turnip game is especially important and most important factor is to not be predictable about it. If one gets predictable, marth can counter and literally counter all your turnipses and punish you. :/

Btw, I have some good (and not good) toad usage coming up and one nifty combo even armada would be proud of. ^^ Toad is a beast against falco. <3

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I apologize for not being able to watch more of these but I watched a couple, but I have a one suggestion. I noticed that regarding platforms you either try to fair and uair, I think you're better off just nairing, either FC nair or just regular full hop nair. Sometimes the simplest tactics are the best, unless you see the opening. It also leaves less room for errors as nair works most effectively through platforms (and imo which is why I love most stages with platforms, <3 yoshi's story). If I get a chance later I'll look some more :)

Samochan

Smash Master
I apologize for not being able to watch more of these but I watched a couple, but I have a one suggestion. I noticed that regarding platforms you either try to fair and uair, I think you're better off just nairing, either FC nair or just regular full hop nair. Sometimes the simplest tactics are the best, unless you see the opening. It also leaves less room for errors as nair works most effectively through platforms (and imo which is why I love most stages with platforms, <3 yoshi's story). If I get a chance later I'll look some more :)
I'm doing it, I'm doing it. :p

But uair causes combos, so thus I try to uair, lol combos on videos. <3

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
You need to be a bit more patient. More dash dancing and less dash attack spam. vs Falco you should get in the habit of floating above him more, and what's with all the dtilt edgeguarding? Just run off the ledge to a floated nair when he's going for a phantasm.

Top Bottom