• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how Sheik can use DASC

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54mPByImY0&feature=sub

This thread will talk about the different ways Sheik can use the DASC tech.
In the video it showed a few things. Now I'll talk about the rest.

DASC> Vanish
No real use really.....

DASC> Nair
Good KO combo. Kills MK around 120%.

DASC> Fair
It's an okay KO'r. It works better it done at lower percents where you can follow up with another Fair.
If you are lucky you can follow up with a footstool.

DASC> Needle's
lol

DASC> Uair
It sets up a juggling act but she has better options.

DASC> Bair
It just puts them back onto the stage.
If they don't grab the ledge instantly you can hold out and Bair stage spike.

DASC> chain hog
Simple enough.

DASC> chain> drop> ?
This can be a stage spike set up. It is basically a set up for Bair if they aren't in front of you.

DACUS> DASC
Legit lol
We can DACUS and get DASC on people as long as the DACUS lands. (In other words, we have reach.)

Let me know if anyone finds anything else.

saviorslegacy

How often does the opponent shield near a ledge?
Is that the point of this thread? To tell how often the foe shields near the edge?

We can try to force a shield by using Needles a lot when they try and get up and since our DACUS knocks them off it gives us the option.
They either eat the needle's, shield (a normal response) eat this or jump and eat a tipper USmash.

This gives us a great way to pressure someone trying to get back on.
Even if they roll we can get an f-tilt on them.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
And who might I ask discovered this?

*recalls a recent pikachu doubles video*

I guess it's progress that you finally managed to steal something believable.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
In my opionion I dont think this is worth trying in a real tourney match, if the opponent you face is any smart he/she will just jump, side step you then counter attack

And Sinking Seibrik made that video

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I was referring to the idea.

You might recall both innocentroads and saviors made ftilt combo videos.

saviorslegacy

In my opionion I dont think this is worth trying in a real tourney match, if the opponent you face is any smart he/she will just jump, side step you then counter attack

And Sinking Seibrik made that video
The best way to punish DACUS is a grab. You do realize that you are talking about jumping over Sheik while she is performing the USmash right?
You I guess it can be punished a step dodge. If you do it close enough to the ledge you will be sliding no where and could possibly attack them as they come out of the dodge.

Everything can be punished. This I guess can be classified as maybe medium rick depending on who you are fighting but it is for sure high reward.
I was referring to the idea.

You might recall both innocentroads and saviors made ftilt combo videos.
Actually a Samus player discovered it about a year ago. It has just been over looked.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hahaha I was messing around in some friendlies today and I did DASC to a dair it was epic!!

But yea this has some really nice possibilities but the options aren't that stellar for Sheik out of this because she doesn't have a spike. It can be a nice KO setup because at high percentages you see a lot more shielding because your opponent is trying to keep their stock as long as possible.

I could see a situation playing out like this:

End of the match, you both have 125% on your last stock. Your opponent is grabbing the ledge and is considering their options. Your are a little distance away from the ledge. They do a normal getup and you shoot needles. They shield the needles and you immediately DASC into a strong hit nair or a fair for a KO.

saviorslegacy

Hahaha I was messing around in some friendlies today and I did DASC to a dair it was epic!!

But yea this has some really nice possibilities but the options aren't that stellar for Sheik out of this because she doesn't have a spike. It can be a nice KO setup because at high percentages you see a lot more shielding because your opponent is trying to keep their stock as long as possible.

I could see a situation playing out like this:

End of the match, you both have 125% on your last stock. Your opponent is grabbing the ledge and is considering their options. Your are a little distance away from the ledge. They do a normal getup and you shoot needles. They shield the needles and you immediately DASC into a strong hit nair or a fair for a KO.
As epic as that would be you Needle's have to much cool down for this to work. :(

Judo777

Smash Master
SL i think he might haveb been referring to doing a DACUS DASC cause, even tho im not sure if the DA would work or not i do fully charged needles to DACUS all the time. It's not a combo but the only thing that ever happens is either the DACUS hits or it gets shielded either way its what you want.

saviorslegacy

SL i think he might haveb been referring to doing a DACUS DASC cause, even tho im not sure if the DA would work or not i do fully charged needles to DACUS all the time. It's not a combo but the only thing that ever happens is either the DACUS hits or it gets shielded either way its what you want.
No, I meant Needle pressuring to make them raise their shield.
Not actually doing Needle> DACUS combo (cuz if it was a combo then they wouldn't get DASC'd.)

Speaking of which, does the Needle's supply enough shield stun to be followed up?

Sinjihn

Smash Cadet
Needles don't have enough shield stun to be followed up, not to mention the shield stun lasts shorter than Shiek's actual throwing animation

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Needles don't have enough shield stun to be followed up, not to mention the shield stun lasts shorter than Shiek's actual throwing animation
not always true. if you get hit at max range sheik would be out of her throw animation long before you were out of sheild stun. chanses are this still warents no reall follow up.

Top Bottom