• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal PLUS ( Future Brawl positive tournament thread)

zaf

Smash Lord
Alright guys, so i have been talking about it for a while now, so I've decided its about time to post.

I want to host a brawl + tourney.
My first plan was to host it at my house but that is not totally realistic.
I know a lot of people want the tourney to happen, so I need people here to confirm if they would attend or not.
I need serious thoughts and responses. I want to rent the venue i did for FFYF2.
It costs $150 for a day. So the minimum amount of people i need confirmed is 30.
There is going to be a $5 venue fee, times that by 30 and we got our $150.
This will cover the venue for the day and the rest of the tourney money can go straight to the pot.

There will be Singles, Doubles and Crews.
The crews will consist of 3 people. No more, no less. It seems fair enough.
Standard tourney registration fee's for singles and doubles. ( $15 and $20 per team)
Crews is $5 for each member, so $15 a crew.

So please do not flood this thread with garbage, it needs to be as neat as possible so i can add every one who will confirm.

I know people told me they will come 100%, but im not adding your name to the list until you post here.

Attending(17)
zaf
jer
Elef ( too lazy to post, wtf)
King Kong
HolyNightmare
fizzi
kage the warrior
swordgard
techiyo
Kr3wman
vrud
Lincoln Ford
Marx Ford
Niko K
Kev!
Joel aka that guy
Ally

1/2 of the way there. lets get 30

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!

zaf

Smash Lord
I don't expect a turn out like FFYF2 had. And there is only one game being played.

IF things run smoothly it can finish in one day.

It will be on a saturday

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I'm assuming this will be when I'm back in town. So yeah, sign me up for some fun.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Can we get one brawl setup? Like for friendlies. Only 1, dont want to delay tourney <,<

Either way im going.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Count me in! Just do you have an idea of when you think you'll do it? ;o And who wanna team with me? I use Fox/Falco and I'm trying to have Jigglypuff to complete my trio.

D

Deleted member

Me And My Brother Are In Count It Baby
Doubles And Single
(team Ford The Win)

Iliad

Smash Lord
Are you going to leave handicap at 0%? Or are you gonna do buffer editting like others do? And any ideas on a ruleset?

And I'd likely be down. I need an excuse to visit montreal.

J.L

Smash Ace
oh man if there's smoked meat waiting for me, im down for that. I am definitely interested, but depends if brosemobile can make it or not.

Try to make this tourney as early as possible. School is just around the corner.

5ive

Smash Champion
I'd honestly love to make this (with Distructo, Painted Ghost and Eugene). Don't confirm us though. Atleast for now.

I'd doubt we'd get a ride to Montreal though, so we're kind of doubtful. I'd still love to play you guys whether it's in Montreal, or at Delorted's Toronto tournament.

Also, J.L, Delorted and Sanuzi (or whoever I haven't gotten a chance to play yet), I still need to play you guys :p. Some one host a casual some time?

zaf

Smash Lord
handicap is to be set by the player. Im not adding a ruleset yet, just in case we don;t get 30 people. Ill make the real thread once we hit the minimum.

i want to host it as soon as possible because i know school is coming around

J.L

Smash Ace
i personally dont think we can get 30 ppl on time. I think gta can probably only bring 1 or 2 cars and that will be 10 ppl at most if were lucky. Any possible alternative if it turns out to be a 20 man tourney only? The venue doesnt have to be as grand as ffyf, it can be a smaller cheaper one or even someone's house.

Im just looking for a good excuse to go to mtl tbh. Smoked meat yumz @_@.

Jer

Smash Ace
I'm sure we can get more people from MTL to come to this, so don't worry guys.

Two of my friends will most likely attend, (pot filling of course) so that's two more, i would just have to confirm.

zaf

Smash Lord
the count is currently at 14. If gta comes, thats 2 cars you said JL. So ill add 10 more people. I will go and confirm the venue if i can get between 5 and 10 more people to confirm here first.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Put me up for singles, maybe doubles/crews if I can find people braindead enough to team with me
or if I train hard enough to stop playing like an ***

Also, Zaf, honey, put me up as a T.O. if you need any.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I'll come but the sooner the better for me, personally (Concordia starts in 2 weeks). Why you guys don't post this stuff in tournament discussion is beyond me; I didn't even know this thread existed until now, haha.

zaf

Smash Lord
I'll come but the sooner the better for me, personally (Concordia starts in 2 weeks). Why you guys don't post this stuff in tournament discussion is beyond me; I didn't even know this thread existed until now, haha.
holy said it was better to post it here o.o

Top Bottom