• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Doom's Ike Videos

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Hmm. There were actually some pretty dumb things happening in that match.

And there were some -really- dumb things too.

But between all those things were some okay spots.

I'm going to go make a sandwich now.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Mr. Doom's Ike has improved a lot since the last time I saw him play, I'm glad to see that.

I don't know if they'll see this comment, but I noticed them trying to FAir when they read an airdodge off-stage; a DAir spike would be more efficient, considering it's almost always a free kill (as long as you don't get Aethercided).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hmm. There were actually some pretty dumb things happening in that match.
Yah, I was just gonna say you should have posted this in the critique thread. I would have liked doing a thorough analysis of both players here, because there are a few pretty bad choices and mistakes being made. Nevertheless, it was an entertaining match to watch for the most part (the over-cautious avoidance at the beginning and the QD stalemates near the end were kind of lame).

:034:

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Yah, I was just gonna say you should have posted this in the critique thread. I would have liked doing a thorough analysis of both players here, because there are a few pretty bad choices and mistakes being made. Nevertheless, it was an entertaining match to watch for the most part (the over-cautious avoidance at the beginning and the QD stalemates near the end were kind of lame).

:034:
Ouch couldn't agree more with this.
It was worth the watch. They both played so identically to me I couldn't tell who was winning on the last stock. To be honest more variety between both wouldn't have been bad. I saw lots of opportunities where tilts could have been used more and effectively as well in their aerial game.

Thanks for sharing anywho.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Mr. Doom's Ike has improved a lot since the last time I saw him play, I'm glad to see that.

I don't know if they'll see this comment, but I noticed them trying to FAir when they read an airdodge off-stage; a DAir spike would be more efficient, considering it's almost always a free kill (as long as you don't get Aethercided).
I think they were scared to fast fall and SD if they whiffed a Dair and they wouldn't know the set-up to a walkoff Dair :laugh:.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
z.z...this is what happens when I play too much wifi. This match seemed like they were moving at DBZ speeds. I do like how Mr. Doom has improved though. I'll point out a few things later.

Top Bottom