• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TCS 6 Results/Shoutouts

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
We outdid ourselves again. I think there were 38 singles entrants, a new record for TCS.

Doubles:

1. George + Will_
2. Rayku + Biglou
3. Kismet2 + Billy
4. elev8 + nice1
5. munkus + moogle
5. theonejanitor + Zero Gamer
7. Kola + V3GA
7. Winnar + DanGR
9. JMIX + Jamal
9. Jeff + Peculiar Zero
9. duchock + cheap

Low Tier Doubles (tell me what characters you used):
1. Rayku (Ike)+ BigLou (Mario)
2. Kismet2 (PT) + Billy (Zelda)
3. George (Ike) + theONEjanitor (Ike)
4. JMIX (Mario) + Jamal (Zelda)
5. elev8 + nice1
5. Will_ + DanGR
7. The Brown Scourge (Yoshi) + General Mills
7. moogle + munkus
9. Tiara (Link) + Stephen (PT)
9. Winnar + Jeff
9. duchock + cheap
13. Mr. Referee + Peculiar Zero

Singles
1. Kismet2 (Falco)
2. BigLou (Luigi)
3. DanGR (Olimar, MK)
4. munkus beaver (MK)
5. Rayku (Lucario)
5. Will_ (DK, MK)
7. elev8 (ZSS, DDD)
7. The Brown Scourge (Bowser)
9. Zero Gamer (Lucario)
9. V3GA (MK)
9. Cheap (Peach)
9. nice1 (Snake)
13. Kola (Marth)
13. George (Kirby)
13. moogle (Fox)
13. JMIX (Mario)

everyone else eliminated in pools

shoutouts coming soon

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
For low tier I used PT and Bowser. Moogle used Ike, Ness, and Jiggs. Scourge didn't actually use bowser for low tier, but he did use Yoshi. Pretty sure I saw winnar using g'dub once.

Janitor you did a great job hosting, though we did get started/end late, things did run smoothly and steadily during the whole time we were there. I think you're really comfortable at heading the tourney scene now.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
dayummm good **** lou, kismet, and rayku Reppin that GA goin to AL and takin names
good ****. George, Moogle what happend 0____o.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
O.o DanGR got third? Wow. If I knew kismet was going I would have gone -_- I wanted to play his Falco offline...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:o I used Marth T1J so no Pit. Also I agree with what munkus said about you doing a good job hosting the event x10. My only rant is not getting to play George. <.<

Do we do shoutouts here? If not oh well.

Shoutouts:(For most of you it was great finally getting to smash with you for the first time)

elev8: Dude you're a G, xD I wonder if your brother is as cool as you are. Oh yea, Keep beating V3GA in money matches. lol

nice1: I finally got to brawl you. Thanks for the brief friendlies, xD I think after playing you I realized that I had to be a bit more defensive for a change. Shall we Marth ditto next time?

aloha: Dude havent seen you since the Ensley event and it was great meeting ya again. O.o I had no idea you had such a good Olimar and Diddy.

Inguilt: Very nice diddy dude, and nice job with your performance against V3GA. :o You had him on his toes.

Kismet2: I still cant believe I got beat so badly against you. D: Maybe if both matches ended with one stock I'd be a little happier about losing. But thanks for showing me that theres a huge gap from me and current pro brawlers.

Moogle: Fox was great, and the second match with snake was too intense. :p You were a bit sleepy though, no? GGs regardless.

Blake/Stephen?/Jp/Duchok/ Great Pool matches guys!

Will_: <.<............I gotta learn how to tech. Great match, XP Its so messed up that I had to play you first in the singles bracket.

ZeroGamer: O.o another new player I saw. Great performance through pools. Heh great games and nice Lucario.

So hows my Marth guys? I didn't really use Pit, but do you think I should continue with Marth or go back to Pit?
btw 13th place is pretty sexy

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm switching back to hand written pools and brackets
tio is a pain in the ***.

shouts:

everyone: thanks for coming, sorry it ran so late, sorry i have to cut out of pools early
anyone who plays lucario: ur lame
munkus: very nice performance and it looks like we just never get to fight each other, even when we are in the same pool
scourge: same to you
jmix and jamal: suprising placement in low tier tournament, impressive
zero: it was very fun teaming with you, all the sets we lost could have gone either way. i wouldn't mind teaming again in the future.
george: double ikes wreck
elev8: keep beasting and keeping it lively. my favorite quote of the night
*after getting team combo'd into a spike* elev8: "what the **** that was AMAZING!"
big lou: i wanted to play you but at the end i just got kind of tired, thanks for coming out to our tournaments tho
rayku: thanks for coming out, good performance as well
kismet: wrecked another tournament i wonder how many alabama dollars you have taken thus far lul

everyone: bring more set ups next time please. that's the main reason it took so long. pools could have been done much quicker if we only had a couple more set ups

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
**** munkus got 4th.
he repped AL against GA.

i wish i could have gone :(

Winnar

Smash Lord
Good **** everyone, especially Munkus and Dan :D

Dan - Sorry I ****ed up doubles for us. :( The night before we were doing so well :( Thanks for teaming with me anyway and helping me win that MM :D

Lou - Thanks for the Luigi advice :D

Munkus - Good **** as always, ridiculous MM XD

Moogle - You are REALLY good at smash bros. XD

George - Thanks for letting us steal your room D:

Janitor - Good ****, thanks for hosting another awesome tournament and letting us stay at your apartment and stuff :D

Kismet - Good to finally play your Falco and see what all the fuss was all about. You did not disappoint at all, and I also finally heard you talk which was cool :D

Scourge - Wish I could have played you outside of low tier doubles. Sorry I cursed up a storm after we lost to you guys. I was really mad at myself.

Zero and Derp - Good to meet you guys in person :D Welcome to AL, I hope you enjoy your stay. Glad I could help you both out with rides. Wish I could have played you two in BB so you could teach me how to play it.

nice1 - Wish I could have played you in SF4. Good **** in all those doubles the night before.

elev8 - Good **** in all those doubles the night before. It's always fun playing with you XD

Aloha - I barely even saw you wtf

nu - see Aloha

Slam - see nu

Professional Smasher etc. (Will) - :D Always nice to see you again. That Ganon punch is waaaaay broken

Ing - I hope the stuff I said helped some D:

Duchock! - !!! :D

Cheap! - !!! :D as well!

Anyone I missed - <3 don't hate me for temporarily forgetting you. You know you're awesome anyway

---

Okay guys, I think that was my last tournament for a while. It's been fun, and I guess I'll see you again later sometime.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It suprised me that you were high and that elev8 was low.

Now I just need to go to more tourneys period. For the next Montgomery Tourney, you need to come.
Well, of course!

I used Meta Knight. ;)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol from what I remember Dan has always done well. Elev8 just started off fighting very tough players.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Everyone started off fighting very tough players. DanGR beat (professional smasher) Will_ in Loser's braackets, which was the first time that DanGR has won a tourney set against Will_ if I am not mistaken. I know I saw Will_ use snake and DanGR use MK but I don't know exactly how those matches went.

And if I have to play in another MK ditto ever then it will be too soon.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Everyone started off fighting very tough players. DanGR beat (professional smasher) Will_ in Loser's braackets, which was the first time that DanGR has won a tourney set against Will_ if I am not mistaken. I know I saw Will_ use snake and DanGR use MK but I don't know exactly how those matches went.

And if I have to play in another MK ditto ever then it will be too soon.
xD How many meatknight dittos did you have?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Three in brackets, two went to the third round to determine the victor.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
tbh I dont think anyone recorded anything. Well besides Ing, but it was only his matches to review for later.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Wow, a lot of out-of-towners came to this one. Even Rayku!? F*CK!! I haven't seen him in years!!

That's disappointing nothing was recorded. I wanted to see some double Ike action.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
gg's all.

Who was the blonde playing DS? She was honey.

I think the matches on george's tv were recorded, which was the tv with the bomb combo.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
george recorded a lot of stuff, its left to see whether he will ever feel like capturing and uploading it

and a lot of matches were saved on wiis with infinite replays

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bomb combo...

That was Cheap's epic combo.

Which was the one on the TV on the left right when you enter the room.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Shoutouts! :)

Winnar- Really, thank you very much for the advice, it's helped a lot. I can actually notice my mistakes now when I go back over my matches :D

Rayku- OMFG Lucario. Seriously... one of my friends from Madison *sorta* played Lucario, and that's all I've ever played against him, so I had NO idea what he could do. That **** was crazy, awesome matches!

V3GA- Those were some crazy close matches; I'm gonna start practicing Japes from now on! The whole time on my last stock I was just jumping around and praying for a Klap Trap xD That or secondary Falco ;P

Nice1- I didn't even know it was you until after our match was over :laugh: Playing your Marth was fun, and the matches ended up closer than I would have thought! After looking at the matches, I finally realized why you would plank... you were running out my on-stage Banana. I don't know how I didn't catch that the first time x) Well played.

Kismet- Omg that was you that I played when I first got there!? O.o I started talking to people and saying "Dang, that was a crazy Falco!" and they're all "Duh it's Kismet!" I need to learn people's faces/go to more tournaments :p Playing you first helped, I think; having my *** handed to me that early made me realize I needed to be on top of my game, and that I need to improve in general. Those were fun matches :D

DanGR- I didn't get to play your Olimar! I was sad. Your Luigi was funny, though :chuckle: Great job at the tournament, I wish I could've stayed to see it out. In the future, you could probably stay in my dorm if you want to come down a day early. *coughthepracticewouldbenicecough*

Da Bomb- I don't know how you do it, but I have to give it to ya for always playing Link. It's always fun to play you; I just wish your character was better xP

Vyse- That was a awesome Toon Link, probably the best I've yet played. My best friend used to play him (and pretty well), so I thought I knew the match-up... but not on that level! That really surprised me, 'twas awesome.

Himax (sorry I forgot how to spell your name)- The Diddy ditto was AMAZING, probably one of the highlights of the tournament for me :D I wish you were down here, I'd love to practice Diddy with ya. We could get good together, maybe even be completely evil and do Diddy doubles :laugh: Nice meeting ya, man! I'll look into Blazblue :)

Janitor- Thanks for hosting another awesome tournament; I'm glad I could make it conveniently this time!

Anyone who plays Brawl and goes to the University of Alabama- Please contact me so we can play, it sucks not having someone decent around to practice with D: (DanGR you spoiled me)

The tournament was great, and thanks to everyone who came from out of state. BigLou, it was great hearing you talk about the most technical things in Brawl; I've never heard anyone talk like that before! And Rayku, omg... I need Lucario practice, now :laugh: Enjoyed it, y'all, and hopefully I'll make it out of pools next time :bee:

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
This tourney was lots of fun. My only complaint is that I wish more people would bring set-ups.

High Max - Great teaming with you and playing in general. Keep it up you're gonna be really good. Look forward to playing/teaming with you again! Captain Link FTW! ;P

Jmix - Great to finally meet you! Great mario :) I really like your outlook on smash. You bring a lot of fun to the tournament.

T1J - Thanks again for hosting! I don't think we've ever played a match outside of 64, haha. We'll have to change that some day.

Rayku - Had fun playing 64 and melee with you early on; loved the evil green kirby, and sorry for saving jiggly, hahaha

moogle - good seeing you again, thanks for staying late and playing me :p One day we'll get to play more than a few matches, haha.

Ingulit - Nice seeing/playing you again. You're really getting good with diddy, so many bananas! By the way I go to UA, just hit me up sometime I'd love to play. I stay pretty busy with school but I think I can manage fitting some time in for smash. I know how much it sucks not having anyone to play, all I've ever had is wifi...bleh :p

everyone else, thanks for making this a great turnout, maybe next time we can have 50 set-ups so I can play you all, haha.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The lack of setups was unfortunate. I brought my wii and television down to T-town myself, but I don't have my AV adapter (unless it's in one of these boxes somewhere). The TV that's hooked up to the sound system and DvD player in the living room does, however, but it's not mine and it's hooked up to the aforementioned sound system and DvD player. Also it's not mine.

I think that the tourney went amazingly quickly given that we had 4 setups and 40 entrants

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I have a lot of shoutouts so I'll do these in bits and pieces. Probably not an all inclusive list just yet.

I had a ton of fun at this tourney. The most. I think I’ll host a friendlies smashfest sometime soon, and have you out of towners come in so we can just play some matches.

Nice1 – Always have a blast playing you. Trash talk needs more hype. That was the most intense set I had ever played (and probably the closest clutch tourney match at the end). Wish we had had more time to play some friendlies. Come to T-town more, son.

Moogle – I totally sandbagged us in teams. Not intentionally. I realized on Sunday that the anti-histimine that I took on Saturday was what was making me groggy. It eventually got out of my system but I know I could have done better in teams. We’ll get em next time. Same with low-tier doubles. We got our strat now, double ikes best watch out.

Winnar – Wish we had hung out more. Where were you this time when I was playing singles? I redeemed by weak crap from last tourney! I got that weak crap out of there! I diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid. PS come back to T-town sooner rather than later.

BigLou - YEAH YOU BEST WALK AWAY

JMIX - Crazy mario/luigi combo man, I had to really alter my playstyle to accomodate you. Beastly stuff in low-tier teams. I think you were one of the few around for my jiggly jesus shenanigans. At any rate, you were the breakout person at this tourney for me, you performed extremely well for someone so new to the tourney scene. Congratulations duderton

Rayku - I think DanGR said it best, "Wait, you beat Rayku?!" I never had the matches completely under control. I did well to get ahead in the first match and keep the lead, but you demolished me in the 2nd match of the set. Norfair shenanigans saved my arse yet again. You're a cool kid and should come to more of our bama tourneys.

DanGR - Arrrrrrrrrrrgh stage spikes.

Elev8 - Had a blast hanging out with you. That was the most intense set I've ever played, coupled with that complete come-from behind-I should have been dead-Japanese DI save. That was the most thrilling victory I've had. You're an amazing player and should come to T-town more often. I think I've seen you twice so far son. Not enough.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Most fun tourney yet! :chuckle:

And I see how everyone is conveniently forgetting about me in these shout outs. I SEE YOU!!!!

Shoutouts:

Robert - Good stuff in low tier doubles! Very nice Lucas. Sorry I wasn't really pulling my own weight, Samus is harder to use in doubles than I expected but we did get some good projectile walls and combos going there at the end. And darn you for not letting me counterpick frigate!! :p

Jeff - Good to see you again, to bad we didn't get to do any more Yoshi dittos. And good **** for ****** me in low tier doubles! lol

Winnar - You are such a cool guy! Thanks for letting me sorta hang around and unofficially be apart of your "crew" while you there! lol And thanks for bringing me a good partner. Also good **** for ****** me in low tier doubles!

Inguilt - Good friendlies before the tournament! Your Diddy is really good, if it wasn't for me being good with Luigi and starting to pick up and learn Diddy a couple of days beforehand I wouldn't have had any idea what to do. You seem like a cool guy too, you're one of the few new people who actually talked to me. lol I'm in Tuscaloosa quite a bit now it seems maybe one day we could get together and practice.

Cheap - You're still a cool guy! lol And OMG your Japes bomb combo!!!!!! That's all I gotta say.

Rayku - We didn't ever actually meet but I watched most of your Melee matches. You are really funny. I never saw your Lucario but your Melee Ganon was complete ****!!

Nice1 - Always the cool mofo and go get some chicken!! And do my little hand motion with it every time! lol

Moogle - Still a cool guy and the sole reason I am afraid to bring my girlfriend to a smash tourney, because you might steal her heart. lol

Munkus - Good **** at getting 4th!!!!

BigLou - Why do I always get you in pools? lol Still an amazing Luigi and dittos are always fun. Crazy Brinstar match eh? And darn me forgetting to down-b every time!!! I don't know what happened there...

Blake and 707 - Good fun friendlies. Sorry if it seemed that I kinda died after about halfway through the match but I was a bit hungry and thus tired too, but still no johns. You guys beat me fair and square.

JMIX - Dude where did you come from! I thought you were just some random person who wouldn't be that skilled but man you tore me apart in friendlies. Crazy mindgames and stuff! You also seem like a really cool and optimistic guy who would be fun to hang out with.

DanGR - Good to finally meet you man! You actually went out of your way to talk to me which I thought was cool. Really good with all of the characters I saw you use.

Elev8 - Always the other cool mofo! lol Didn't know you used ZSS till that tourney but it was amazing. First time I've seen a high level ZSS being played.

Scourge - We so totally called it! We knew we were gonna play each other early like we always do. lol Good pool matches and really intense Yoshi ditto friendlies! We'll meet again at the next one!

George - Why must you always take me out of every tourney? lol Seems like I always face you either in pools or in the first round of every bracket. As always good stuff with Kirby! I at least put up a fight this time with my Marth and I am starting to get a hang of your overall strategy so hopefully I will provide more of a challenge next time. Also double Ike in low tier *****!

T1J - Good tourney like always! Sucks that you had to drop out of singles. Stop beating me in all of your side tourneys please! lol

Kismet - Cool to finally meet the other half of the legendary team of Reflex and Kismet. lol

Billy - Gah! I'm reeeaaally not used to fighting Sheik! You pretty much destroyed me, but don't worry I always come back with a good counter for next time. ;)

Bob and Tiara - I doubt either of you have an account on here but it was good to see really nice new people. Both of you were pretty good for what I assume is your first tourney. Good Toon Links, and I no matter how it looked, I was sweating a little bit against both of you. When I tried to go Pit I almost lost against Tiara and when I was scared for my life when I ended up in the water beneath Bob's Ganondorf on Pirate Ship. Also good **** Bob for beating Scourge in one match in pools! Something even I couldn't accomplish!

Bomb - Gah, I missed another chance to play you in friendlies! I want my Samus vs. Link match one day though!!!

And to anyone else I might have forgotten I am sorry. Just tell me and I'll add you on later. :)

Also sorry that I had to leave before singles actually started and missed a lot of the good stuff apparently. But it was like a two hour drive back and I wanted to get home before midnight.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
you forgot me:(

jk, you don't have to add me if you don't want to:laugh:
You're Will_'s brother right? Well I gladly would but I don't remember us ever talking or playing or even interacting at all. I didn't even see any of your matches, thus there isn't really a shout out for you. Sorry...

Top Bottom