• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Set Up Your Own GCT: a Guide by SymphonicSage12

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
How to Set Up Your Own GCT​

By​
SymphonicSage12​

This guide will tell you how to make a text file of the codes you want for brawl, and then turn it into a GCT.

I'll first do a guide for the cheatmanager on Homebrew, and then one on the pc cheat manager.
But first, there will be a couple things you'll need:

NEEDED MATERIALS:

1.Notepad, Notepad++, or any program that can save text as a txt file

2.The Homebrew Channel, the latest version of the Homebrew browser, and the latest version of the Cheatmanager on the Homebrew Channel (the one with a green swishy logo, not WiiCm.)

3. Gecko OS on the Homebrew browser. v1.9.0.1 or later.

4.An SD Card (at least 1GB, don't go over 2GB), and an SD card reader/computer that can read SD cards

5.The codes you want, obviously

6.An official copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This is slightly obvious as well.

I have downloads for some of these materials at the bottom of the page.

Okay, so here are the steps:

Step 1. Open your text editing program (I use Notepad++), and make a new file.

Step 2. At the top of it, type the game ID for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Since I am in the U.S,
it is RSBE01 for me. For PAL, it's RSBP01. For Japan, it's RSBJ01.

Step 3. On the line right underneath that, type "Super Smash Bros Brawl" and then in parentheses right next to that
type (US) (PAL) or (JPN).

Step 4. Skip a line, and then type the title of your codeset. This can really be anything you want.
For example, "Brawlplusery Codeset v5.0 Beta"

Now is the time for the codes.

Step 5. Skip a line after the title, and type the category of codes in the section you want. This is optional,
but helps to organize your codes. What I mean by this is, for example, "Wii RD Codes" or "Cosmetic Stuff." If
you did this, now you need to skip a line after the category title and then put the code in.

Step 5 v2: Skip a line after the title of the codeset, and then put the code in.

NOTE: All codes need a title the line before the code. For example, you can't just put XXXXYYYY XYXYXYXY in the text file. You need a title for it
the line before, like so:

Unrestricted Camera (made by Person X) (x amount of lines)
XXXXYYYY XYXYXYXY

^^^^ The above code is simply an example.

Step 6. Now that you have all your codes formatted correctly, you need to save the text file.
Since this is brawl+, name it RSBE01 (or RSBP01 or whatever, depending on your region).

Step 7. Create a folder on the root of your SD card called "txtcodes" . Put the RSBE01 text file
you just saved into here. Don't put anything else in here just to be safe.

Step 8. Load up the homebrew channel, and load up the Cheatmanager. press a on the wiimote to load up the text file.

Step 9. Press the plus button on the codes you want to activate. Once you're done selecting, Press 1 to generate the gct file.

NOTE 2: Makes sure you have a "codes" folder on the root of your sd card. This is where the gct that is generated will go to.

Load up Gecko OS on homebrew, and enjoy!

PC CODE MANAGER GUIDE:​

Step 1. Get the text file ready in the same way as the first manager. Only this time, you need a code manager
for the computer. You can find the download to it in the downloads and resources section.

Step 2. Open the code manager, and select to open a text file; Open the one you made.

Step 3. Check the box on the left for each code you want activated. Once you're done selecting,
click "Export to GCT", and the gct should appear in the codes folder on the root of your SD card.

Load up Homebrew, and then Gecko OS, and enjoy! :)

This is for the Q&A section. This is where I will answer some questions that might be asked
frequently.

Q: How do I get the Homebrew Channel, browser, Gecko OS 1.9.1, and the Cheatmanager on the browser?
A: I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to help you with this. It's against this board's rules.

Q: Can I put the codes in a Microsoft Word document instead of Notepad or Notepad++?
A: Yes, but remember to save it as a txt file. The default is a .doc file, I believe.

Q: I can't find __________ code anywhere. Can you help me?
A: Try the code requests thread. It might takes several hours for someone to answer you.

Q: Does Brawl need to be in the Wii to start up Gecko OS?
A: Yes. Otherwise it will say "No DVD found."

THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE QUESTIONS ARE ASKED.

DOWNLOADS/RESOURCES SECTION:

I do note own the rights to, and was not the creator of, all these materials. Please read a Terms of Use if it asks you to.​
Notepad ++: http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

Codemanager for the computer: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TTX2R2A

Code Q&A + Request Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225238

Brawl Hacking Support Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199541

Brawl+ FAQ and Brawlplus.net thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744

If you have any more questions, ask in this thread, or PM or Visitor Message me.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Hmm...Well this is useful and all, but shouldn't you simply have posted this in the code Q&A thread, and asked to have it put in the OP?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This is good info because so many people don't know how to do this even though its well known. Too many people ask me how to do this overall which is sad because its the basis of useful game codes.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I said Notepad, Notepad++, or any program that allows you to save text as a txt file.

:p I ninja'd all of you (except Mk26)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I said Notepad, Notepad++, or any program that allows you to save text as a txt file.

:p I ninja'd all of you (except Mk26)
Hmm... Well I mainly use notepad++ for things like dantarion's alstt, but i use notepad for other things. such as compiling a .gct.

and i hate being ninjad lol

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
Thank you very much for this guide. Now, if only it was here yesterday when I needed it. :p

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Y thank you.... I've been trying to get this published in the Code Q&A Requests Thread, but the creator doesn't really come here anymore...so... :(

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I've always used txt files, so I didn't know a guide was in demand. I guess a lot has changed since the beginning of Brawl+, and I'm not paying attention. xD

Nice guide.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well a lot of people kept asking in random threads "How do I only have the camera code and the codes you needs for textures?" or " I only want this code but I don't know how to edit the GCT" or "How do I edit GCT's?" etc. To answer these, and clear up the Code Q&A and Requests thread, I made this. It took me only a couple hours, but ended up longer than I thought O_o

Top Bottom