• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolls War - Vienna, Austria ~ Results are up!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Dolls War

IS OVER!!!

When?

April 2nd to April 4th

How many people?

Planned is a limit of around 120 people.

Send an eMail to dollswar@gmx.at with the following data:

Code:
Nickname:
eMail:
First Name:
Family Name:
Adress (with country):
Birth Date:
I will bring: (Wii) (TV)
I will take part in the following events: (Singles) (Doubles) (Melee)
My room will be: None/Normal/Deluxe
My roommate will be: 
My teammate and teamname are:
Miscellaneous:
If you put noone as roommate, your roommate will be chosen randomly.
However, you can put your roommate or teammate after the initial registration. As soon as you have a roommate, please send me another eMail with this new information.

Once you recieve an answer, you are registered and put onto the registration list with the status "Awaiting Payment" (see below for payment details). As soon as you have paid your fee, you will be put down as "Registered", and your registration is complete!

Where?

The tournament takes place in Vienna, Austria.

The Location is:
Jugendgästehaus Brigittenau
Friedrich - Engels - Platz 24
A-1200 VIENNA
Homepage: http://www.oejhv.or.at/quartier/1200/1200.htm
English versions available, just click the right flags on the right bar.

This location is a youth hostel. This means that for a higher price you will get housing with BED and BREAKFAST included! You don't have to use the rooms in the hostel,

The Hostel:
You will most likely be in a 2-person room with a bunk bed. The room has closets for your stuff.
There's 2 versions of rooms. Normal rooms and "deluxe" rooms. The "deluxe" version costs a few € more, but has included toilet and shower. If you take the normal version, you will have to use the public toilet and shower.
However, everything is clean, so don't worry!

Arrival and Departure:
You can arrive and leave whenever you want. The reception has opened 24h.
The rooms, however, will be free at 2 PM at arrival day, and have to be emptied at 10 AM departure day. The hostel offers a luggage room where your stuff can be stored safely.

How to get there:
http://www.oejhv.or.at/quartier/1200/1200.htm

Catering

You can bring beverages and food, as long as they are in closed packages or bottles. So a bottle of lemonade is okay, and so is a pack of chips or similar snack, but bringing a sandwich from your home or a supermarket is not allowed (due to food and hygiene laws). Basically: If it's industrially packaged, it should be ok.
The hostel offers a breakfast for those who stay directly there. It also offers a full meal for 6€ at their restaurant.
You can leave the hostel and consume food outside.

The event room itself has a fridge to store beverages in.

How much?

Venue Fee: 10€
Venue Fee with Housing in Normal Room: 35€
Venue Fee with Housing in "Deluxe" Room: 41€

Entry Fees:
Brawl Singles: 7€
Brawl Doubles: 5€
Side-Event(s):
Melee Singles: 4€

Changes might occur once the contract with the hostel is signed. If the prices lower and you paid more money, the hoster will decide on how to use this money or to pay you back.

How do I pay?

You can pay either by bank transfer or PayPal. You HAVE TO PAY IN ADVANCE, otherwise you will NOT be registered!!

You will recieve the payment information in your registration eMail.

Equipment

Please, to everyone who is able to, bring TVs and Wiis+Brawl!!

The hostel has one TV they will provide us with. I have one, myself. Everyone who can bring a TV will get a lower venue fee (the amount is to be decided once the contract is signed, I expect 3-5€).

If you take your Wii with you, make sure to take your copy of Brawl with you! If you are from a country with different powercords, make sure you have an adapter, otherwise your equipment won't help us much.

TVs: 2
Wiis+Brawl: 1

What everyone has to bring

- Your controller (if you use a Wavebird or Wiimote, please put that into your registration form at Miscellaneous)
- If you are 18 or older, bring a passport or a similar identification
- If you are below 18, bring a declaration of consent from your parents, and if possible, a passport or similar identification

Ruleset
To be decided yet

FAQ
Will there be Melee/Low Tiers/any other side-event?
That depends on how many TV sets will be able to gain. I plan at least 1 side event, and if there are more, you will be informed.

Do I have to pay all events?
You only have to pay the entry fee for Brawl Singles. Every other event is optional. If you don't want to participate in Brawl Singles, you still have to pay the fee for it.

Is alcohol/etc. allowed?
No.
Drinking, smoking or any other consumption of drugs is strictly prohibited. If you are caught drinking inside of the hostel, you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. You can smoke cigarettes outside of the hostel.
If you are caught consuming illegal drugs (marihuana, cocaine, etc.) in the hostel or in general, you will not only be disqualified, but pressed charges at the local police station.

Is there a minimum age?
Yes, 13 is the minimum age for Brawl.
But if you are under 18, please bring a declaration of consent from your parents that they have allowed you to go to the tournament. This isn't mandatory, but it might benefit the flow of the tournament should the be trouble.

I have no roommate/teammate/teamname yet!
That's okay. Register anyway.
As soon as you have these parts filled, you can send me an E-Mail with the new information. Those spots in the form are not necessary to be filled right in the beginning.
As long as I don't have more registrations, I cannot make the contract with the hostel, thus leading into Dolls War not happening!

______

CONTACT PERSON(S)

Onishiba
Tournament Host
eMail: Mimete[at]gmx[dot]net

______

PARTICIPANTS

ITALICS marks people who have registered but didn't pay yet!

Austria
.joel (Onishiba)
SEID
Gheb
feiner Bellucci
Kiw1
NIN
Luigi_Player
l!nk
Rapax
Robin:
Mailtroid
Ares
Timi
Sword
Mirror

Germany
Smile of Glasgow
Lacrima
Biggad
Mutzt
Ryomaru
Lowri
_Void_
Bloody
Rapida2h
TaY

Italy
Giob
AirFra

Switzerland
Maze

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Dutchies, Frenchies...where u @???

:059:
I'm interested and I've been interested for a while about travelling to an other country for Smash. :)

Though I'll come if standing infinites are banned (yeah, most of French players are scrubs), because I'm not gonna waste 100€ to attend a tourney in which I can lose to someone who knows how to press his Z button.
So I'll be waiting for the rules and for the date to be displayed to see if I can go~*

What about the events, simple & doubles & low tier, or only simples & doubles ?

I'm going to advertise this to some French boards/players, but for now, you can count me and Unskilled as interested.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Touhou - Scarlet Weather Rhapsody *___*
Maybe I'll bring a laptop equipped with the 3 fighters. ;P

I'm going to advertise this to some French boards/players, but for now, you can count me and Unskilled as interested.
Great, thanks! :D

I just saw your question (sorry, just got up XD). I'll try to have Doubles, Singles and a third event - what exactly that event will be, I don't know yet.
As for the rules: Yes, I will think about it.

i ll be there !
I assume you're Unskilled?

Blad01

Smash Lord
Well, I'm interested in the idea, but it totally depends on the date (if that's during my vacations or not, mostly), and if I stll play Smash... The future is unpredictable ^_^

Anyways, great initiative, Spadefox ;)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You thinking of quitting, Blad? :O
I'll put you down as interested. It's mainly for the approximate number. <3

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
I most likely would've been interested in going to Austria for Brawl regardless, but I have to admit that the fact that you're actually advertising this with Touhou totally won me over.

You can put me on the interested list as Aqua.

KoDama

Smash Rookie
this seems very interesting ^^ i think il go with my friend LuLLo but i cant confirm yet because of him being on holiday <_<
were from Holland btw

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
As said, nothing's binding yet. It's just collecting interested people and seeing the response. Apparently, it's really good. <3

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I love the shooters. I really should try Undefined Fantastic Object, the newest one.

Also, HYPE. Not even one day of having this tournament announced and we already have over 40 interested people. :D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'll put you down as interested. Whether or not you come once the date stands doesn't matter atm. <3

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I'm interested, I'll come if it's on holidays + If I don't go to Pound 4 ( but I don't think I'll be able to go xD).

gonna post this in the spanish boards now

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
No. It's not planned, at least not as a main event. I might include it as side-event if many people want it.

You people mean Easter with "holidays", right?

yeah, easter would be perfect imo.

I'll suggest melee too for the side-event :p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Geez you can't expect me to have 9001 side-events. XD
When the date stands and we have an approximate list of people, we can think of the schedule. For now, it will only be Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles and one side-event.
I don't know yet whether it will be Low Tiers, Melee or something else.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Interested, but it's a little far for me, so we'll see. Depends on the date probably.

Also, melee plz. Having a brawl side event means same basic crowd, whereas melee attracts an addittional crowd, especially if you can hype up the fact that there's melee.

Top Bottom