• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Various Up-air awesomeness.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
After seeing the new uair -> ftilt tilted down by _________ it inspired me to try out some more uair -> stuff combos. It's amazing what you can pull off:

1. Uair -> Nair
- I love this. You uair and then buffer the jump to nair (it's like you roll your thumb off of Y to A). It comes out very fast and helps you space well because you can nair and then move backwards from it.

2. Uair -> Utilt
- A little hard to pull off and dangerous because the opponent might be able to shield if they are at low percentages. I pull this off by uairing and while I land I'm still holding up. Then I mash on the cstick up and it pulls the utilt out as soon as possible.

3. Uair -> Jabs
- Fun.

But my favorite and I think a great positive step in the right direction for Samus' metagame:

4. Uair -> Forward Smash (tilted up)
- It's ridiculously close to a frame trap (not a combo, but very very close). What's awesome is when you hit them with the uair, if at the right percentage you have a perfect KO setup, because Fsmash tilted up kills very fast... as good as a plasma shot.

If this isn't new (especially #4), I'm sorry. But #4 I haven't seen used and it's real nice. Only problem I have is I sometimes jump (because I'm holding up) rather than tilt stuff. Bu tthe KOs are great. Any thoughts?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
well the bread n butter for approaching with a shieldpoking uair is either buffered up b or buffered downsmash for breathing room if the uair doesnt poke.

out of all of those the only new thing ive seen is the nair, but im not sure how effective that would be

uair -> utilt can be airdodged a lot sadly

uair -> jab cancel -> whatever is what i like to do

uair -> up fsmash tends to whiff if the opponent knows how to DI/what to do to avoid it

thanks for your efforts

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
It would seem apparent to me uair -> nair would only be used at higher percentages. Otherwise hitstun does not last long enough for you to escape punishment.

Utilt I think is pulled off frequently if you time/space correctly to get the very last hit of your uair to connect. Problem with that is you can only use it at low percentages. Like n00b said, it is airdodged a lot the higher their percentage. I believe the reason is that you have to make sure the last hit of uair doesnt connect at that time.

Jab canceling is good from my experience, but it only seems to be effective if the opponent is slightly off the ground.

I think up tilted fsmash is a fairly good idea. It would be a nice thing to throw in so you can mix things up and possibly get in some good damage.

And yeah, I don't currently remember who it was either who found that, but I forget that I used to do that pretty frequently, and it was very useful most of the time. I think like everything else mentioned before, you just need to make sure it actually connects and sends them upwards slightly in order to successfully link these attacks.

TGM

Smash Lord
uair to up+b is mine. i made it,claimed it. all who use it must pay each time.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
i have to subscribe to "TGM"'s monthly move service to use uair to dsmash

rohins lets me down b to up b suicide for free tho, such a nice guy. :)

Sago

Smash Lord
uair ->fsmash is insanely good. i use that as my killing move more often then not. sometimes i can get people to fall for uair to charge shot.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Fatty Combo!! : )

Actually, that's not what I'm talking about. Uair into the ground so you land before the fifth hitbox, then buffer a SHUair. I will then usually follow that second Uair with either UCS/Zair/Fair depending on percentage. You can create some deadly frame-traps if you read your opponent's DI correctly.

rhyme!!

its xyro! im using my other account. lol
I figured that out after reading what you wrote in another thread, lol. Sorry for the initial mix-up.

Icyo

Smash Ace
2. Uair -> Utilt
- A little hard to pull off and dangerous because the opponent might be able to shield if they are at low percentages. I pull this off by uairing and while I land I'm still holding up. Then I mash on the cstick up and it pulls the utilt out as soon as possible.
Get dem boyz up on to one dem platforms. Then da danguh disappears.

ZitchX

Smash Cadet
Uair -> Jab Cancel is teh Smex
Uair -> Uair On tall characters is ****...
Uair -> Dair works occasionally...
Uair -> Zair :D

Zx

Top Bottom