• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ONE STOCK! The Ultimate Survival Tournament! OUT OF CHEESE ERROR! REDO FROM START!

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
ONE STOCK
THE ULTIMATE SURVIVAL TOURNEY

BASIC RULES

1 Stock.
No time limit.
Items: Food on low. (Don't underestimate the importance of this in this tourney; it could save your life.)
1 fight per round
Any character can be used, but you have to stick with one character for the whole tourney. Also, random will be restricted. If selected, you must keep the first character you get for the rest of the tourney.
Number of players: 16.

STAGES

Battlefield.
Delfino Plaza.
Mario Circuit.
Luigi’s Mansion.
Yoshi’s Island.
Lylat Cruise.
Skyworld.
Smashville.
Temple.
Rainbow Cruise.
Yoshi’s Island (Melee)

FINAL ROUND IS ON FINAL DESTINATION! NO OTHER MATCH MAY BE PLAYED THERE!

FOR ANY OTHER ROUND, ANY OTHER STAGE CAN BE PLAYED IF BOTH PLAYERS AGREE.

(I understand some of these "legal stages" are unsusal, I just think they add to the fun of this format. If you don't like them, don't pick them.)

TWIST
One Stock is a single elimination tournament to the extreme.
All matches are one game sets, one stock. The real fun is this: Handicap is ON. When you win a match, state what damage you had at the end of the match. The next match you will start with the same damage you ended the last round with, rounded to the nearest ten, of course, and peaking at 300.
I will have the food item on low. I’ll also have a recovery rule, being this: Every player will have a 50 point recovery total that can be used to recover to a rounded ten.
Example: you end round 1 with 88 damage. You request a recovery down to 80. This will be done, leaving you with 42 recovery points left. If you do not recover, you'll start the next round with 90 damage.
Recoveries are to be requested when posting the results of a match. BE SURE YOU STATE ANY RECOVERY USED AT THIS TIME OR IT WILL NOT COUNT!
As such, only the winner of a match should post the results of said match in this tourney. If the loser posts the results, I will specifically ask if the winner wants to use a recovery now. If I am not answered promptly by the winner, I will take it as a no.
When recovering, keep in mind any rounding up or down that will be done before the next match.
Example: If you have 93 damage, it will AUTOMATICALLY recover you to 90 by rounding. If you request a recovery in this kind of circumstance, I will point out that your damage will be rounded down to the nearest ten, and ask if you want to cancel the request or make a recovery to the next ten down for 10 points.

BANNED TECHNIQUES​
Metaknight’s Infinite Dimensional Cape. Banned everywhere, even here.

Any suicide double KO moves are banned, with this situational exception: If you are knocked off the stage and catch an opponent in said suicide move, regardless of if it is intentional or not.
Example: If Bowser is knocked off the stage, and his opponent jumps out to catch him, only to be caught in the suicide claw, that is a win for Bowser. However, if Bowser is standing on or jumping over the stage and uses the same move to jump off the edge with opponent in hand, it counts as a 0 DAMAGE LOSS! This applies to all suicide techniques, such as DK’s forward throw off a stage corner (though only if DK has to jump off the stage himself to achieve this), Kirby/D3’s inhale, and any others like it.
Ganon’s choke hold is an exception in my eyes, as by banning it I may as well ban Falcon’s version, too, and if I did that, I may as well ban spiking altogether, which I won‘t.
All of these moves, and any others like it I may or may not know of, are accepted as wins in suicide cases ONLY BY THE ABOVE EXCEPTION! ALL OTHER CASES OF SUICIDE WINS WILL COUNT AS A 0 DAMAGE LOSS FOR THE PLAYER WHO USED THE MOVE!
Using the moves without a suicide KO is entirely acceptable. Examples such as Kirby inhaling an opponent, jumping off the stage, shooting them where they cannot recover, and floating to safety himself are NOT accepted.

Infinites and chain grabs are legal UP TO 100 DAMAGE! If you inflict over 10 more damage with an infinite, even not all in one (meaning you can't let them out after 90 damage, catch them again for 90 more, let them out...), you will be disqualified and your opponent will advance with 100 damage less then what they had BEFORE THE LIMIT WAS BROKEN, in essence negating the infinite in question, but keeping all other damage dealt.

Prolonged stalling is strongly discouraged, as I want players to have a fun, intense match, but with no time limit, it’s hardly disqualifying behavior in my eyes.

The suicide KO and infinite rulings may seem a bit strange or stupid to some, but given the nature of this format, these techniques could be, and probably would be severely abused. I tried to make limitations that do not completely penalize the abilities, but still discourage them. I feel infinites should be strictly dealt with in a carryover damage tourney, but not completely banned. I don’t mind if double KO moves are used as anti-gimps, for the opponent could simply choose not to try to meet you off the stage, but I don’t want players to win fights just by grabbing their opponent and jumping off the stage.

Bracket Ruling
The brackets will be posted in a straight up bracket format, shown in the post in an easy to follow manner. I know this gives an obvious advantage to some players who do their matches later, but I feel it keeps it organized without any fixed matches, and I myself hold no advantage of knowing the bracket layout while others have to guess at their next opponent.

If you have any questions I didn't answer in the description, just ask. I'll try to answer as quickly as possible, but it may be a while because of work, though no more then a day, so please bear with me.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Reserved post: Sign ups and standings.

1: Meorksies / Meork / 2063-1485-7421 / :link2: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

2: Hero of Banthum / HoB / 2106-0102-0875 / :snake: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

3: Marshmallowman / Marsh / 1504-6875-2233 / :kirby2: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

4: Sammy P / sam / 1891-4862-4521 / :pit: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

5: mcmuff1nman / MUFIN / 1073-2745-5921 / :olimar: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

6: Marthos / Nat / 1934-8926-5290 / :zerosuitsamus: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

7: Professor mgw / (Blank?) / 2105-8323-5356 / :olimar: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

8: PJGLZ / PJGLZ / 0474-1959-4699 / :falcon: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

9: DarkestLink / (Blank?) / 2579-2316-0451 / :link2: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

10: DTP / .__. / 3995-8553-8766 / :wario: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

11: Breakline / TG / 5370-0111-1657 / :lucas: Damage: 0%. Recovery: 50.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This is cool, It's been a while but i'll try this.

Victra/vtra/4725 7633 5928/GANONDORF

If i'm too busy to play by then I'll post to let you know.

btw, does Chainchoking count under infinites/chaingrabs? Or can I chainchoke past 100%?

Buradori

Smash Rookie
looks alright, I'll join. I like the idea of the handicap.
Buradori/Yama/5155-4032-8211/Luigi

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i sense a lot of pikachu/falco/ice climber abuse but whatever, sign me up

DarkAura/Neuro/Fc under my avvie/ :fox: :marth: :metaknight:

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Updated listings, hopefully accurate. If anyone notices anything wrong, anything at all, please tell me.

Also, the following didn't give full information, which is why I haven't added them yet:

Donaldgx and Shade26 Need: Brawl name and character. The others I can kinda guess...

Thunder of Zeus, Mcmuff1nman, and DarkAura need: Select one character. You have to keep them the entire way.

I'll add said people when I'm next on after when/if these are filled.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Hooray for overly constant update posts! The two above have been added. The others listed in my last post still have yet to fill the info. If they do, I'll need only one more for the first half/minimum to be filled! And in only two days... A lot faster then I expected. Of course, I'll still be trying for the second half if I can get enough people.

I'll be back on in about 11 hours to update again. If anything needs updating, of course.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
...And as day three of sign ups ends, we're a little over half full. I've decided to not require Brawl names, since to my knowledge it's not really needed, but it would still be nice for people to fill it all out. I'll just leave (Blank?) under the no-names.

and @ ugg: Glad to hear I really am not the first one to think of/try this.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Hmm. Sign ups seem to be slowing down. No worries, though, fairly expected after a few days. So long as there is some activity.

Anyway, I mainly post here to point out there is a new section in the OP, and while I mentioned it in the edited title, I want to make sure no one who may have something to say about it misses it.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
lol i am in

JUDGE/JUDGE/5285-0299-4594
char: meta knight

Top Bottom