• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MBR membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Darc ME
Scar PA
ArcNatural MA
N64 NY

Scotu MI

ihavespaceballs TN

Taj278 AZ
TheZhuKeeper CA
Pink Reaper CA

swordgard CN
unknown522 CN
Desh! CN

Samochan EU
.Tero EU
Luma EU

I need all of you except Luma, Darc, Desh, and swordgard to apply for the MBR for your account. Go to user CP > Group Memberships.

D

Deleted member

Magus420 where u at??

I want to hear from magus420, amazing ampharos, scotu among others.

keeper

Smash Champion
I would totally nominate Juce is he was more active.

I mean, he did discover the nipple spike and black hole glitch with Aftermath... That and I've never seen him confused about anything when playing.

I need to try to think of more people. I'll hopefully edit this later.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
KirbyKaze, Soap, Vanz, ArcNatural, Mogwai all deserve to be in.

edit: Oh i saw that you wanted from anywhere. Try Ankoku and SCOTU as well

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
rockcrock, knihT, strong_bad, n64, and myself are my nominations. this is judging from the main forums, not character-specific. every member i'm also aware is more than decent but not nationally acknowledged except for knihT, but i enjoy his posts a lot. n64 is probably my favorite objective poster, it would be unfortunate for him especially to be looked over.

good luck revamping the whole melee br, umbreon :D

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I would nominate

Raynex
KirbyKaze
Magus420
Vanz
Scar
Pakman
Mogwai
teh_spamerer

There are probably more I just can't think of them at the moment

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
How the hell did I forget Raynex.

I've never really seen anything from strong bad other than his "DK is amazing" posts but that may be because I see him in the MW forums too.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I had Scar on my list and Pink Shinobi but took them off for that same reason.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Uknown552, joeplicate, mogwai, kirbykaze, raynex, rock crock and Fly Amanita all know a lot about Melee and are good at it.

I'm not sure if any of them qualify as "Lee Martins".

Cia

das kwl
glad to see the MBR is resuming activity again. I was beginning to think smashboards forgot about us :( i'd nominate

Teczero
Ninjalink
Magus420
Wobbles the Phoenix
VaNz
Seibrik
EdreesesPieces
RyokoYaksa
HugS
KirbyKaze

.. those are just a few that come to mind

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
wobbles is back...or at least i saw that his combo video was being worked on again, so i assumed.

and being a "lee martin" is being "too good" (having already proven yourself as an outstanding national competitor)

Cia

das kwl
^ HugS is making his comeback (he has a thread in the samus boards) and Wobbles very recently released a video featuring Ice Climbers tricks. Even if they aren't going to tournaments, they still post on the boards and they still have years of knowledge / experience.

i got ninja'd

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i would consider hugs and zhu lee martins above anyone else that has been considered a lee martin in this thread

unknown, kirbykaze, rockcrock, mogwai, ihavespaceballs, and myself, but i dont use correct punctuation or capitalization like everyone else so i probably wont make it

Scar

#HarveyDent
ok sure magus and ryoko would be great additions in terms of knowledge of the game but for a MBR that is looking to have an impact on the current scene i think it would be MORE helpful for the bulk of it to be players who are currently active, so i think it SHOULD be limited to melee players only..

but anyways mow good work, see you back there

JFox

Smash Hero
Rather than people just voting for there favorite melee vets, I think I'm going to actually apply for this.

I'm typically a very analytical person, with a strong backround of debating (Logic and Philosophy), so I know how to make an argument and use logic to back up a statement(former debate hall member). As for the knowledge of this game, I've been around since late 05', and I've always been active in a variety of boards, specifically making good threads in the character specifics. I know a good deal about the metagame and hows its evolving as well as will evolve. I also understand a great deal about theory smash, but understand that human error is unavoidable, and so i know not to simply rely on smash theory when making an argument.

Lastly, unlike many of the smarter players that are not on these boards much, I'm always consistently active. More importantly I am interested in being in the MBR and discussing/debating various smash topics.

keeper

Smash Champion
wobbles is back...or at least i saw that his combo video was being worked on again, so i assumed.

and being a "lee martin" is being "too good" (having already proven yourself as an outstanding national competitor)
I totally agree with Wobbles being in there. So I nominate him too.

Rather than people just voting for there favorite melee vets, I think I'm going to actually apply for this like a normal person.

I'm typically a very analytical person, with a strong backround of debating (Logic and Philosophy), so I know how to make an argument and use logic to back up a statement(former debate hall member). As for the knowledge of this game, I've been around since late 05', and I've always been active in a variety of boards, specifically making good threads in the character specifics. I know a good deal about the metagame and hows its evolving as well as will evolve. I also understand a great deal about theory smash, but understand that human error is unavoidable, and so i know not to simply rely on smash theory when making an argument.

Lastly, unlike many of the smarter players that are not on these boards much, I'm always consistently active. More importantly I am interested in being in the MBR and discussing/debating various smash topics.
I thought we couldn't apply for it, otherwise I'd apply myself, not that I've proven my skill yet. :<

D

Deleted member

ok sure magus and ryoko would be great additions in terms of knowledge of the game but for a MBR that is looking to have an impact on the current scene i think it would be MORE helpful for the bulk of it to be players who are currently active, so i think it SHOULD be limited to melee players only..

but anyways mow good work, see you back there
talented players always end up in the back rooms anyway. thats why they have no worry. for the resurrection of the back room, I'd like to fill it with intellect before I fill it with talent. The MBR uses much more intellect than it does player talent in its decision-making.

Kirby Kaze I'm unsure about. I've seen lots of good and lots of terrible **** both from him.

edit: a Lee Martin is someone who is an automatic shoe-in, so not a primary pick for the initial 15 person limit. If I don't find 15 fitting additions, I will just add them in anyway.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd nominate SCOTU because I'm rather surprised that I'm in and he isn't. :V

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Umbreon--Would you like everyone to provide any sort of "evidence" with each nomination? I mean, I assume everyone knows this is serious so no one is going to nominate someone really iffy. But is writing someone's name good enough?

PB&J
Phanna?

Also, would this mean that there is a possibility that a new tier list would be made in the future if so desired by the community/back room?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Don't do the same mistake as the SBR-B and have like 100 people in with 80% who never post.
+ rep for Europe please.

Skler

Smash Master
N64 and Pink reaper need to be in this, just look at their post counts!

You should really try and fill it out with multiple character reps too. Look at the low tier section of the tier list, it's a mess. Sure it doesn't matter, because who cares if Roy is above Zelda or anything like that, it'd just be nice to see a more organized low-bottom tier (and actual knowledge about their matchups).

P.S. Mango isn't a Lee Martin, Lee Martin is a Mango.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Uknown552, joeplicate, mogwai, kirbykaze, raynex, rock crock and Fly Amanita all know a lot about Melee and are good at it.

I'm not sure if any of them qualify as "Lee Martins".
but i second these nominations as these are pretty much the exact same guys i was going to nominate.

and Magus.

Scar

#HarveyDent
for the resurrection of the back room, I'd like to fill it with intellect before I fill it with talent. The MBR uses much more intellect than it does player talent in its decision-making.
yeah well the point I'm making is that I'm agreeing with you

I'd like to see a Mogwai or a JFox in the backroom and they suck at the game (lolol) BUT they are

1) smart people
2) knowledgeable players
3) active in the current tournament scene

my point is that while magus and ryoko certainly fulfill the first 2 and are also very talented players, they are no longer active and would probably have a hard time keeping up with tier discussions and new matchup changes and new tournament rules etc

so again i would say that player talent definitely takes a back seat to those first 3, but it just so happens that talented players auto-satisfy those last 2.

JFox

Smash Hero
id support raynex and kirbykaze being added in, as well as unknown.

mogwai and pakman should be in. scar def has to get in, and probably will no matter what, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom