• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Tournaments, Batman! 8 team-crew thing slots open!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

Hi guys and girls!

SOLID back to host another tournament, and I hope that anyone who entered Finish Him or Packin in the Pounds will enter this one!

As you can probably tell, this tournament has a Batman theme!

The idea is a bit complicated, but bear with me.

This will be a bit similar to Kwiz's "A Perfect World Tournament," which I think was a very cool idea. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to enter, but enough of my ramblings.

The basic rules of each match will carry the same standard ruleset as any SBR tourney, but I'll put it out there for anyone who does not already know the rules:

3 stock
8 minutes
There will be no "sets" per se, matches are one and done.
No excessive stalling or Batman will snap your neck.
No infinite chain grabs or you get a batarang to the skull.
MK's infinite dimensional cape is banned.
If the last stock is lost on a Ganoncide, Bowsercide, etc. the player who initiated the suicide will be declared the winner. By Batman that is.
No pissing or moaning. Batman does not take kindly to obnoxious people.
No johns. Batman doesn't like excuses.
No infinite CG's.

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:​

Castle Siege
Arkham Asylum (Weegee's Mansion)
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Rainbow Cuise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

Oh wait. How can you have CP's in a best of one? Well, if I challenge someone, I can present a CP stage I'd like to play on, and if they accept, we play on it, and if not, then we play on a random neutral.

Now.

This is kind of like a crew battle, except each person has lives instead of stocks, and the character they use determines the number of lives they will get. Each life consists of 2 losses that they can endure. What I mean to say is, if I have one life left, and I lose one match, after my next loss I will lose my last life and be eliminated. Once you are eliminated, you MAY NOT come back. Even if someone else on your team has an extra life to spare you, they are the only one who is allowed to use it.

The only characters allowed in this tournament are those who resemble PROMINENT Batman characters. Please don't whine about how X character vaguely looks like some random Batman character. BUT, if you think I'm forgetting someone important, please point it out on this thread. Just FYI, these characters don't necessarily have to physically resemble Batman people, it could be their powers, etc.

Here is the list of allowed characters and the Batman characters (I think) they match up to:

Batman Character: red Brawl Character: lime
------------------------------------------

Batman:

Metaknight
Snake
Link
Toon Link
Captain Falcon
Mario
Fox

Penguin

Peach
King Dedede
Ike
Marth
Bowser

Joker

Wario
Pokemon Trainer
Ganondorf
Mr. Game and Watch
Olimar

Robin

Lucas
Ness
Luigi
Lucario
Falco

Characters Usable as ANY Batman Character:

Zelda/Sheik
Samus/ZSS

Yeah, that's all I can think of for now. I didn't feel like putting explanations in with everyone, since some are downright obvious. BUT if you want an explanation, or think X character belongs with Y Batman guy, provide an explanation and I'll definitely think about it.

Now, to the explanation of how the actual tournament will go.

Teams (basically crews) will consist of 4 players. Now here's the tricky part:

Each team MUST include one of each of the Batman characters. One Batman, on Penguin, one Joker, one Robin.

Now it may be hard to put a team together, but that's the way this tournament goes.

On to the lives thing:

Batman characters: 4 lives

Joker characters: 3 lives

Penguin characters: 2.5 lives

Robin characters: 2.5 lives.

This means that each team gets 11 lives, BUT they must be split up in this fashion.

Here's another twist: Good guys can only attack bad guys, and vice versa! So Joker cannot attack Penguin, etc. etc.

But any good guy can attack any bad guy, and vice versa.

So this means that Batman can endure 8 losses, Joker can endure 6, and Robin and Penguin can endure 5. Now the strategy in this is important, because if your best player mains a Robin character but seconds a Batman character, who do you want them to be using?

This is erased when this is winding down, as it may be impossible (i.e. 2 Batmans remain)

When challenging someone, simply VM them to challenge them. They MUST accept, or a team could just stall out. The last team standing wins the Batman seal of approval.

I WILL NOT be participating, as school is coming up, and I'll have trouble running this tournament let alone helping a team. Hopefully you guys can find time to join, BUT if not I'll postpone it until a later date, maybe around winter break.

If something is unclear, tell me please!

I'd like to get AS MANY teams as possible, capping out at 8.

When you are signing up, please include your team name, the members of your team, and what role each team member will be playing.

Thank you, and I hope this goes well!

Oh and:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I saw the title and just knew you'd be the one to make this.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
"What is yellow and writes?"

"A ballpoint banana!"

"Good work Robin!"

You didn't put the riddler in there!
I'll join. As Captain Amazing of course.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
lol Peach with umbrella I just got that. I was wondering why you put her under Penguin.

I have in mind a few team mates all ready.

What's you reasoning for PT, Marth, and Ike out of curiousity?

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Where's Cat woman?
I'll join if you add her in the team thingy e.e

Acctually nvm, the tourney is weird...for me that is.
Still need Cat woman through.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Where's Cat woman?
I'll join if you add her in the team thingy e.e

Acctually nvm, the tourney is weird...for me that is.
Still need Cat woman through.
Catwoman would upset the balance.

this.

i would join but school is starting. :(
if its postponed until winter break i'll sign up.
That's too bad...

this was very well thought out
Glad you think so, but I really only thought of it like...today lol.

lol Peach with umbrella I just got that. I was wondering why you put her under Penguin.

I have in mind a few team mates all ready.

What's you reasoning for PT, Marth, and Ike out of curiousity?
Joker is the character that always has a trick up his sleeve, in almost any situation. I feel PT kind of fits this too, switching in and out.

Marth and Ike are both leaders of armies, and I always thought of Penguin as someone who used henchmen. They could both be Batman characters as well though.

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
If anyone needs a team, VM me :D

I 3rd and 4th a Penguin and a Batman respectively.... (wtf Olimar and Fox >___>)....

I also use ZSS as a 6th :p

EDIT: Speaking of the Joker always having a trick up his sleeve.... I immediately thought Olimar.....

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Luckily for me, my best 2 can be used for any character. On top of that, I main at least one other person in every spot.

Falco4Robin lolOlimarasJoker

DarkAura

Smash Lord
any chance fox will fit anywhere? if not im fine with it, my team has already been assembled :p

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I don't really see where, sorry.

Possibly a Batman, but we have enough of those already, and I want to lock some of these up, especially if teams are entering.

And please post your crewteamthing, kick this thing off!

Roxas M

Smash Master
if anyone needs a team member then i'm available.
here are the chars that i will use:
Batman: :toonlink:

Penguin: :marth:

Robin: :lucario: & :falco:

@SOLID: are you still making falco a robin char?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
one question.

If i sign up as a batman character, am i only limited to that character or can i use more than one?

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
i would join with :lucario: , but what about kirby being one of the "any" character? seeing as how he can copy abilities, it makes sense

Top Bottom