• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Mod Launcher Beta!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Okay, so, theres Brawl+, BBrawl, and vBrawl+codes.

Sometimes you might want to switch from Brawl+ to vBrawl, but still keep codes like the File Replacement Code(for textures and music) and other codes like Tags in Replays and Replays over 3 minutes.

Well, until now, that meant a trip to a computer, or multiple SD cards.

The Brawl Mod Launcher is here to solve your problems! Heres what it can do.

• Allows you to select between 3 codesets
    • vBrawl - RSBE01.gct
    • Brawl+ - BRAWLP.gct
    • BBrawl - BBRAWL.gct
  • For Brawl+, it patches the GCT as it loads it so that the File Replacement code loads .pac's from the directory /bp/ instead of /pf/ This allows you to use the File Replacement Code with other codesets without moving the Brawl+ PSA .pac's around.
  • Music is always loaded from /pf/sound/strm/, even with Brawl+
Downloads

How To Use

1. Put the codeset you like to use with vBrawl at sd:/codes/RSBE01.GCT
  2. Put the latest BBrawl codeset at sd:/codes/BBRAWL.GCT
  3. Put the latest Brawl+ codeset at sd:/codes/BRAWLP.GCT
  4. Put the Brawl+ PSA .pacs and textures into sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/bp/
  5. Put your textures, music, and other files into sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/ like normal
  6. Put this boot.dol in a folder in your sd:/apps/ directory, or load it with stacksmash or some other method.
Coming Soon!

• Better Interface + Art
  • HBC package with icon
  • Channel .wad or Channel Installer
  • USB Loader support
  • Support for automirroring general files like info.pac into the Brawl+ folder

Leon89

Smash Cadet
i tried it and is it supposed to only boot up vBrawl, because it is not working. but i really like the idea of this project please keep it up.

Edit: and the suggestion of making a folder for BBrawl, as well.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Sometimes you might want to switch from Brawl+ to vBrawl, but still keep codes like the File Replacement Code(for textures and music) and other codes like Tags in Replays and Replays over 3 minutes.

Well, until now, that meant a trip to a computer, or multiple SD cards.
Actually, it just meant going back to the HBC and loading up a different code set using Cheat Manager.

Still, I like what you've done with making separate folders for the file replacement code.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
i tried it and is it supposed to only boot up vBrawl, because it is not working. but i really like the idea of this project please keep it up.
You probably don't have your files in the right place then. If it only booted up vBrawl, why would I release it

Leon89

Smash Cadet
You probably don't have your files in the right place then. If it only booted up vBrawl, why would I release it
no it only had the option to boot up vBrawl, it never got to booting up my vBrawl files.

ether way i checked my card and saw that i had the wrong name set for Brawl+.

but again when i got to the screen for the Brawl Mod Launcher, i still only get three options. the first says: Launch vBrawl (RSBE01.GCT) ; Launch Embedded Codeset (????) ; and Exit.

the first two have a Using IOS 36 of, vBrawl - FPC: /pf/ Music /pf/ , and Embeded - FPC: /pf/ Music /pf .

and when i try to use the vBrawl option, i get an Exception (DSI) occured !

and i just tried the Lauch Embedded Codeset and the same thing happened with the vBrawl option.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Couple of questions. Were do you put the program in?
Codes section?

What do I call the BBrawl Folder?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
@Leon89
I just tested the program, I get 6 options when I start it up, not sure why you only get 3.
@PKNintendo
you put the program in /apps/BML/boot.dol for now.
There is no BBrawl folder, as BBrawl doesn't use .pac's, and the official GCT doesn't even have the file replacement code i dont think.
Just put the BBrawl gct as BBRAWL.gct

iLink

Smash Champion
Now I don't have to keep swapping out SD cards, thanks : )

EDIT:

"4. Put the Brawl+ PSA .pacs and textures into sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/bp/
5. Put your textures, music, and other files into sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/ like normal"

So if I want to use the same textures for Brawl+ as regular Brawl, would I need to make copies of them?

Leon89

Smash Cadet
@Leon89
I just tested the program, I get 6 options when I start it up, not sure why you only get 3.
i have my .gct's in the SD:\codes\ area, and the Boot.dol saved in SD:\apps\Brawl Mode changer\ i have my .pacs saved in SD:\private\wii\app\rsbe\dp\, and SD:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\. i followed your instructions to a T. i don't know what could be wrong, i am using BBrawl standard, and Brawl+ 4.1.

@PKNintendo
you put the program in /apps/BML/boot.dol for now.
There is no BBrawl folder, as BBrawl doesn't use .pac's, and the official GCT doesn't even have the file replacement code i dont think.
Just put the BBrawl gct as BBRAWL.gct
yes it does, look at the first post closely just below the main down load is the choice to download the version that accepts .pac's

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Now I don't have to keep swapping out SD cards, thanks : )

EDIT:

"4. Put the Brawl+ PSA .pacs and textures into sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/bp/
5. Put your textures, music, and other files into sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/ like normal"

So if I want to use the same textures for Brawl+ as regular Brawl, would I need to make copies of them?
I think he means like textures for tournament use.
Like textures to help differ team colors.
That comes with Brawl Plussery codeset.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Whenever I try and start it, it always starts the disc, then gives:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Perhaps the version I uploaded was bad, ill upload my current version as beta2 in a sec.
EDIT:
Tested the one I uploaded, it definetly works on my wii with the codesets I have.
I have no idea why some people are only seeing 3 options on the menu though.
EDIT:
Found the problem, was due to GeckoOS hiding the options "Launch Channel" and "Launch Rebooter" when incompatible IOS are installed. The menu should be fixed in beta2

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I'm seeing 4 options: vBrawl, Brawl+, bBrawl, and Embedded; all 4 give me a code dump.

Also, could you make it so that the launcher lists all gcts in the codes folder? That way we could launch random stuff like Brawl+ with the frame advance code.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
bob-e, About and Exit should be there too : D

In a future version, I want to be able to just list all GCT's in the codes folder, and get the names and descriptions from a txt file in that folder, so you could even have multiple test versions of brawl+ and pacs all on one SD.

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
when i put the pacs in the /bp/ folder, what would it look like, are the fighters folders in there too, or just the pacs.

thats sound confusing, sorry lol
i.e. would the directory for mario look like RSBE/bp/mario/FitMario.pac
or RSBE/bp/FitMario.pac?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
bob-e, About and Exit should be there too : D

In a future version, I want to be able to just list all GCT's in the codes folder, and get the names and descriptions from a txt file in that folder, so you could even have multiple test versions of brawl+ and pacs all on one SD.
Nope, still get the same code dump.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
when i put the pacs in the /bp/ folder, what would it look like, are the fighters folders in there too, or just the pacs.

thats sound confusing, sorry lol
i.e. would the directory for mario look like RSBE/bp/mario/FitMario.pac
or RSBE/bp/FitMario.pac?
treat the bp folder like the pf folder
/private/wii/app/RSBE/bp/fighter/mario/FitMario.pac

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
-_-

After using it once successfully, I'm getting a code dump like everyone else now ;-;

swordgard

Smash Hero
Is there any way you can get this to work for people who load the brawl iso through a HDD ?

Please do it :D

Depster

Smash Champion
I am seeing all three brawl options, but it only lets me select vBrawl, but it gives me a code dump anyway...

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I made this as a temporary icon until you release one.

In case anyone else has OCD for having an image for all their apps xD

Do you need any help with the app's images?
I'd be glad to help if you do.

Leon89

Smash Cadet
^nice icon you have there, Zolga.

@Dantarion, the problem may be that we are using different versions of Gecko OS

Leon89

Smash Cadet
well i'm using 1.91, i guess i'll update it. and see if that fixes the problem

Top Bottom