• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is ROB f'd or is there something else going on?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I had pretty much given up footstools due to the EXTREMELY small window that it takes to get one on someone.
Before I stopped researching them I found one for Lucas.
I have known about it for weeks, but it has been bothering me.

Nair auto cancel> footstool> DI hard right + Psi magnet
The result was the exact same as ZZSamus's footstool infinite! (both were performed on ROB BTW)
The only differnce was that the PSI Magnet came out because it can be performed on the ground (Samus's Dair only work in the air... no duh).

What I am getting at is... "can we DI into the ground after a footstool"? Of course we need an attack to make this legit (as far as we know).
If this is true for every character and that it works with more people then ROB... we might have something here.

Opinions? (no I cannot upload a vid of the Lucas)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uh... isn't this just because Lucas' Psi Magnet stops his rise?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
for the nair to autocancel the last hit has to hit, which has a moderate amount of knockback, so the lucas wouldn't be able to footstool them after unless they shielded the full nair, which also shield pokes

TheMike

Smash Lord
With a video, it could be easier to analyze and it´s bad that ROB now will get ****ed with another footstool combo =[

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
...how?
i'm not sure what the matchup actually is but the best it could be is even, which isn't exactly a hard counter.
there's a few others who go even with MK.

saviorslegacy

Uh... isn't this just because Lucas' Psi Magnet stops his rise?
Stops his rise and makes him fall to the side?
for the nair to autocancel the last hit has to hit, which has a moderate amount of knockback, so the lucas wouldn't be able to footstool them after unless they shielded the full nair, which also shield pokes
Meh, close enough to an auto cancel.
With a video, it could be easier to analyze and it´s bad that ROB now will get ****ed with another footstool combo =[
I can't make a video, I wish I could, but I can't.
Meh don't worry, It looks like you will only eat maybe 20-30% and a KO. I can't remember exactlt but it seemed to work rather well at about 80%. So avoid the Nair and you wont get check mated.
(I would be more worried about Sheiks and ZSS's.)
but rob is hard counter for mk so it's all good
uhhhhhhh... MK doesn't have a hard counter. I argue that Sheik counters MK (maybe 45-55). Just my opinion.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Most likely won't work since lucas' Nair usually hits the last hit which has knockback. If you retreat a little the last hit won't hit them but your to far away to footstool in time.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
uhhhhhhh... MK doesn't have a hard counter. I argue that Sheik counters MK (maybe 45-55). Just my opinion.
I think he meant the other way around, as in R.O.B. gets hard-countered by MK.

Of course anybody with intelligence in the smash community can tell that MK doesn't have any disadvantages. If he does, they don't go anymore than 6-4 his opponents at absolute best.

saviorslegacy

Most likely won't work since lucas' Nair usually hits the last hit which has knockback. If you retreat a little the last hit won't hit them but your to far away to footstool in time.
Why do you think I didn't post it?
You FF into the stage to cancel the Nair before that last hit box comes out.
Besides, you already have that Dair> d-tilt ground lock> FSmash set up.

This post isn't about how well this combo works or if it is a combo. It is about why Lucas falls to the side like that.

Of course anybody with intelligence in the smash community can tell that MK doesn't have any disadvantages. If he does, they don't go anymore than 6-4 his opponents at absolute best.
Meh, I think at MOST it is 4.5 - 5.5.
I also think Falco and DK gives him a run for his money, maybe Lucario.
he was kidding lol
when is it ROB's turn to get a footstool combo/infinite on somebody else?
He doesn't need one.
Footstools are fun to see in a combo video, kinda cool when there is hype and it gets people to work together, but that is mainlt their only use.
Jigglypuff, MK, Link and Pikachu all have good legit set ups... even multiple set ups.
Do you see anyone using their combo's?

At most I would say that ZSS's ROB footstool and the Wario footstool combo's/infinites are useful.

If you want a footstool combo then here is what you want to look for.
A weak attack with little ending lag. It also helps if they are positioned above you or to the side.
Think outside the box. I thought of footstooling Pits Arrows.
I also found a set up for MK that works at 999%. The first hit of Bair has set knock back and it cancels. You can barely get in a footstool.

You can probably find a footstool set up with every character. lol
i don't think he was lol
Meh doesn't matter.
Leave the dude be. (I'm not getting on you spelt, more like making a statement to everyone.)
If he was serious then he has some learning to do. Bare with him, and help him.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've said this before but i think footstools have major potential.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Some of Kirby's gimping game revolves around footstools. Believe me, we know how awesome footstooling is. ;)

saviorslegacy

i've said this before but i think footstools have major potential.
I have said that before and I kinda believe that/did believe that.

I have probably put more time into understanding these combo's than anyone else on this forum. SuSa may have me beat, IDK though.
Pretty much, they are to hard to be of any use right now. My conclusion is "no" for right now and "possiblt" for later.

swordgard

Smash Hero
The only full footstool repeat combo which really works on rob is the ZSS one as SDI is impossible on the only move that hits.

All of your other fancy ones can be SDI-ed to stop the use of the next footstool.

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice

MK's best counter is another MK.

saviorslegacy

Some of Kirby's gimping game revolves around footstools. Believe me, we know how awesome footstooling is. ;)
Yeah but that's footstool spiking.
Sheik has a few footstool spike set up too, not as good as Kirbies Dair though......
The only full footstool repeat combo which really works on rob is the ZSS one as SDI is impossible on the only move that hits.

All of your other fancy ones can be SDI-ed to stop the use of the next footstool.
Exactly

I took the time to try and figure out the footstool hit box and this is what I found.
"To footstool your characters feet have to be in the foes head."

In others words, it's about the same area as Sheiks tipper USmash... but with to people moving and the risk of getting hit while you travel through the foes body.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
footstools pretty much just mean a free hit.
and if you're aiming for that aerial kill than it makes it 50% easier.

pikachu: footstool>nair
sheik: footstool>bair.

saviorslegacy

footstools pretty much just mean a free hit.
and if you're aiming for that aerial kill than it makes it 50% easier.

pikachu: footstool>nair
sheik: footstool>bair.
Yep, if you can get the footstool and get to the ground in time you are pretty much set.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep, if you can get the footstool and get to the ground in time you are pretty much set.
well, those ones i mentioned are in the air, usually offstage.
on the characters i've done it on, i've been able too footstool and execute the move fast enough to where it hits them before i get too high.
but that may have been just because of the specific characters.

Top Bottom