• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project BlazBrawl Consoliditation Topic. - Project Ragna has resumed, Tager Next.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion

Okay while I offer about as much as an eggplant in terms of programming ability, for various reasons I have been pretty deeply involved with either the development, balancing, suggestion, or idea process of ragna, jin, and rachel. With interpretations of litchi and tager potentially on the way we're going to be pretty well off all around. I will update this OP with links to the latest public versions of the projects as well as make it easier for the various programmers to get in contact with eachother since I'm pretty much working as a middle man right now between them as well as the playtesters. The second post, probably tomorrow morning will be edited to include a "To-Do" list with potential suggestions and reasonings behind making V or Bbrawl versions of the characters come to life (I say this specifically because apparently rachel works rather well in B+). I'll also quote some of the most recent and relevant posts regarding playtest suggestions as well as keep the topic updated with texture or version updates.

As a warning: Various characters might have things changed about them by someone other than the creator but this will only be for playtest visualizations. Sometimes it's easier to make a temporary change to see how it fleshes out the character before making it an actual suggestion but I will make sure that it stays at the suggestion stage so as to prevent any toe stepping.

To the people working on this project, from the texture makers like Tsu, Zephron and Droughboi, to the programmers such as Ying, Kirk, Delx, Teneban and Marth175 (as well as tsu) and the playtesters, we have a rather good product on our hands so let's make the most of it.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Well when his plan gets enacted, so be it. While it may seem silly to make yet another topic to attempt to fix all the information being all over the place, I'm going to set forth in my plan. This will keep movesets, textures, and updates all in a single place since the goals for all the characters I mentioned are exactly the same. If the topic gets squelched or placed elsewhere in a day or two, so be it.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Character 1: Ragna The Bloodedge (Base Character Ike)
Programmer: Kirk
Moveset conceptualized by Rykoshet
Textures created by: Lexx/Teh0wn/you use too many names

Current version: 2.0

Original post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8212561&postcount=953
Completed Texture:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i3dgn5jz3nz (Created by Lexx/Teh0wn/DancingRoundTheWorld)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=073fd3fb6c735a48e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871 (Created by Lexx/Teh0wn/DancingRoundTheWorld and Edited by Wave Kusanagi)

Demonstrational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk03tb54rh8

Completed Textures: None
Suggested costumes for textures:

Updates for version 3 confirmed:

-Audio cues/effects for counter, Fsmash, and various moves altered.

-Defeat pose changed

Jab2 --> Fthrow, get rid of variables.

Aerial Counter --> Fast Dair, weaker.

Hell's Fang --> Carnage Scissors(for ground, use QD attack animation).

Carnage Scissors Remix Options: Nothing/forward+A = Ftilt(faster), down+A = Dtilt(faster). Darkness
effect on all.

Aerial Side B still Hell's Fang, only Counter animation remix.

Inferno divider -- use Joystick inputs neutral, forward, back. Rework entire move...lol.
Speed up inferno divider twirl.
Replace variables with jab's old variables...should get rid of golden hammer glitch.

Inferno divider B option --> Eruption animation. Darkness graphics instead of flames. Adjust momentum
appropriately.

Neutral B(ground) --> Dead spike. Use Final Start/Hit animation.

Neutral B(air) --> Gauntlet Hades. Bthrow animation. Adjust momentum appropriately.

Counter Remix options: Nothing/A = Attack, R/L/Z = Grab.

Nair --> Speed up x3.

Fsmash --> Slow down charge animation.

Potential down the line but nothing figured out yet.

- Should damage healing or infliction ever be figured out, darkness related moves will heal anywhere between 2 and 5 damage depending on the strength of the move.

-If the first is figured out. a blood kain mode would be in the works.

3.0 Release date unconfirmed.

Character 2: Jin Kisaragi (Base Character Marth)
Programmer: Marth175
Texture created by: Zephron, Droughboi
Current version: 4.2

Original post: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8280401#post8280401

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1zhhztedw5z

Demonstrational Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9a7TgnO8W4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUgrfNyYWa8

Completed Textures:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oynzymn00hz/Fitmarth00.pcs (Created by Zephron)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQUN1WZ1 (Created by droughboi)

Updates for version 4.2 confirmed

-Neutral jab remix is now easier to pull off just by leaving B pressed
-Neutral Jab remix looks alot better now
-Side tilt remix changed to S3S and is now executed by pressing A-> X/Y(jump), its alot easier to execute this way
-Back dodge animation changed, if A is pressed he throws a surprise dash attack
-Wait GFX removed
-Uptilt can now be remixed into S4HI by pressing A-> X/Y (jump) *someone has been long awaiting this one lol
-Down tilt can now be remixed into S4low by pressing A->X/Y (jump), i was finally able to fix it =D
-Many cosmetic change

- A New Texture was released by Zephron on 9/1/09
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8277144#post8277144

Character 3: Rachel Alucard (Base Character Peach)
Programmer: Delxdoom, Teneban
Texture created by: Zephron
Current version: 2.0

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qdwmycuqnzj
Original post: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8198706#post8198706
Demonstrational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7VxlY2AKY
Completed Textures: http://www.mediafire.com/file/muze2m2myzo/fitpeach01.pcs

Updates for 2.0

Rachel 2.0

- Quite a few changes. I'm not really happy on how side b turned out (hold A to make it dair) but I did nerf it for recovery (can't grab ledge afterwards)

- Also I wanted to make Ftilt jump cancelable but I kinda ran out of time.

- Grounded Neutral B summons a Sticky Bomb. It's a super laggy move but there is a secret awesome technique that reduces this lag.

- AAA is supposed to work but it doesn't really.

- Down air is pretty cool. yep. Utilt is still something I've not worked on so much, lol.

- Utaunt was changed
Suggestions: (For vBrawl, Rachel's coding is originally meant for B+)

- Fair Range should be increased to be slightly disjointed with a graphic surrounding it to show it has range.

- Fair Knockback and growth should be increased slightly and moderately, respectively

- Ftilt Range should be the whole column of wind

- Up tilt power should be slightly raised

- Side B should probably have its range and iasa increased, a windbox should be applied to it to make it a viably safe recovery or gimp move.

- Up smash should have some super armor or intangibility frames after she makes her pose of summoning the bolt.

- Up smash's hitbox should be increased horizontally to make it hit on the whole graphic, laterally.

- The visual graphic for toad should be changed due to his being an article.

Next version update unconfirmed

Potential Character 4: Litchi Faye Ling (Base Character ZSS)
Programmer: Tsu Kiyo Me
Texture created by: Tsu Kiyo Me

Texture Preview: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/DarkDragon7/ffacf290c1dcb64e.jpg

Not like it matters terribly much but here's a heads up on the Litchi Progress:

Texture: 95% (I don't think I'll get it to 100%. I feel satisfied with what I have now, even if it has some graphical problems)
Throws: 100%
Aerials: 80%
Jabs & Tilts: 0%
Smashes: 0%
B-Moves: 0%

Potential Character 5: Iron Tager (Base Character Ganondorf)
Programmer: Kirk
Moveset conceptualized by: 718_Rookie, Rykoshet, Delxdoom

List of potential characters and widely agreed upon models
Nu V-13: Zelda
(Transparencies in her dress could make convincing wings)

Noel Vermillion: Sheik

Carl Clover: Ice Climbers
(Well... model hacking is eventually going to come out, right?)

Bang Shishigami: Captain Falcon
(Besides the helmet, the moves and body structure are spot on.

Taokaka: Lucario

Hakumen: Link
(Size mods, or model hacks)

Arakune : Olimar
(Model Hacking will also aid this a lot)

Zephron

Smash Ace
Since there is no Ragna Ike Texture and I am extremely excited about BlazBlue into Brawl I guess I'll have to make one.

Also I am extremely disappointed that you can't make Marth's cape transparent. I mean seriously now. That's just rude, Brawl.

One last thing: Is the Rachel texture download working? One guy told me it didn't work or something.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Yeah I havent updated for shishigami sheik since I dont know if yingyay is on a break or anything. Tager will potentially start soon, dunno what's up just yet.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey guys

I think your PSA's are very good and i really love to play with them, so far i tried out Jin and Ragno. Both are VERY good made and yeah like i said i love them. However i think they're a bit broken. If that's intentionally, than thats fine. With Ragno, his Side Smash is way to fast and way to powerful, it's just broken. He's also a bit too fast for a strong character like that.

Jin, on the other hand, was quite good, only his Side B was a bit broken aswell.

Maybe if you could balance the characters, a lot more people would play it. If they are not broken in your opinion, please tell me why so i can counter those PSA's effectively :D

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
We've had feedback on Ragna's Fsmash for a while now. Some people think about it only in the instance where the move totally pays off, the tipper.

The move takes twice as long to come out as marth's fsmash does and has a far larger blade in comparison to a tipper hitbox. This results in landing a tipper very very very rarely. Against very good players we realized the issue isnt that the move is faster than his old fsmash but that it gives you no real cue aside from the startup that it's coming, so we're giving it an audible sound effect to make it easier to react to. Otherwise the move kills significantly later than ike's old fsmash on any part BUT the tip.

As for ice car, the move is being altered as of today so there should be no real concern.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Is anyone doing Tager? (As you said)

I really want to try Arakune. With dark effects. It actually wouldn't be hard at all. I just need a base character.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
After talking to delx, kirk and I are working on tager. I'm coming up with ideas for the moveset while also using some of the ideas delx already thought up.

Zephron

Smash Ace
What character are you using for Tager? Ganon? Uh... DK? XD

Also I highly doubt we could get Nu, or Noel working. No one really uses their gun besides ZSS, and she only has one and her body just won't work for noel.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I'd really like to know who works as Hakumen and Noel.
And possibly Nu.
Hakumen potentially is slated as Dedede I believe. The problem is he looks nothing like him, but his character has many of Hakumen's animations.

Is there anyone who is able to model hack a Hakumen model for Dedede? lol That's... by far the hardest character at the moment to make.

Noel doesn't have a character base atm. My thoughts are using a Spacy for guns or a Mario Bro...but only if we can remove the mustache. lol

Nu is already made though. Just select Metaknight.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
What character are you using for Tager? Ganon? Uh... DK? XD

Also I highly doubt we could get Nu, or Noel working. No one really uses their gun besides ZSS, and she only has one and her body just won't work for noel.
Well you would be fairly limited in terms of base characters, but I would think Peach or Zelda would work better in terms of the body type. In terms of textures, Peach would actually work well considering what you can make transparent on her dress (don't know what can be transparent or not on Zelda's). Hair would be off, but that would be as close as you could get. Best case scenario you could even mess with the body size modifier to make it even closer to Noel.

I'm sure the same could apply to a Tager Ganon. You wouldn't really be able to get his hands right, but certainly closer to Tager than Ganon is.

As far as guns go, that wouldn't really be a big problem. I doubt you could do one gun in each hand, but you can certainly give Peach or Zelda at least one with PSA. Though PSA can't modify props yet so it would be limited in that aspect, and a lot of creativity would have to be put in with what PSA can do as of now.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Well you would be fairly limited in terms of base characters, but I would think Peach or Zelda would work better in terms of the body type. In terms of textures, Peach would actually work well considering what you can make transparent on her dress (don't know what can be transparent or not on Zelda's). Hair would be off, but that would be as close as you could get. Best case scenario you could even mess with the body size modifier to make it even closer to Noel.

I'm sure the same could apply to a Tager Ganon. You wouldn't really be able to get his hands right, but certainly closer to Tager than Ganon is.

As far as guns go, that wouldn't really be a big problem. I doubt you could do one gun in each hand, but you can certainly give Peach or Zelda at least one with PSA. Though PSA can't modify props yet so it would be limited in that aspect, and a lot of creativity would have to be put in with what PSA can do as of now.
The problem with this at the moment is I believe you can only have 1 PAC file mapped to a character... correct me if I'm wrong.

Peach is already Rachel. ZSS is Litchi. So you have to try again. Zelda is all I'm coming up with. She might work well for Nu actually. . . The dress could be the wings that drape down and if you used partial transparency on the dress, it could create that illusion that she has wings as a dress (like the Rachel texture).

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The problem with this at the moment is I believe you can only have 1 PAC file mapped to a character... correct me if I'm wrong.

Peach is already Rachel. ZSS is Litchi. So you have to try again. Zelda is all I'm coming up with. She might work well for Nu actually. . . The dress could be the wings that drape down and if you used partial transparency on the dress, it could create that illusion that she has wings as a dress (like the Rachel texture).
Yeah, as of now its one .pac per character. There just isn't enough female characters in Brawl :(
A clone engine has been in the works for a long time now by Almas, but he has a life too... It's one of those "will happen eventually" type things. Key word there being eventually...

I think Brawl is too limited in terms of characters that would work well enough ( and look well enough as well as being the proper gender <_>) to have every character available at the same time for now. There just really isn't enough female models to have them all in Brawl at the same time, so my suggestion would be to go for the best possible model even if it is already being used. Meh :\

Zephron

Smash Ace

Zelda can be almost entirely transparent. Seriously. The only things you can't get rid of are her gems, parts of her hair, her eyes, and teeth I think.

As for V-13 being Zelda I can't say how well that'd go... I just don't know.
The dress being her wings makes sense but It'd be extremely difficult and I am unsure of how good the quality would be.

I personally would want Noel more than V-13 but if Nu is easier to do then I suppose I'm gonna have to deal.

DDC20XL

Smash Rookie
The &quot;Nice&quot; part of Dorchester, MA.
After talking to delx, kirk and I are working on tager. I'm coming up with ideas for the moveset while also using some of the ideas delx already thought up.
Oh yeah? What are your ideas? I've wanted to throw out some ideas for his moves as well... For some reason as soon as i saw (and played with) the ragna moveset, i've wanted to see tager... alas, i don't gotz teh skillz...

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I guess ill just do a buttload of more textures for this project. Ill do Ragna next and more Jin alternates. bleh I needa get photoshop for ragna >_>. Ill probably release textures waaay faster then I did the Jin one. maybe like within 2-3 days of the request depending on how my wii likes to act. its going coocoo. ima just make textures based on the colors I see in the OP. If anyone has a full body pic of alternate colors, it'd be really helpful.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
For Noel, whomever thats gonna be, I came across something intersesting a long time ago when I was making my sonic. I made a new Dtilt wich was basically a sword Fsmash and then changed the subaction into a sword Ftilt (both without the sword). anyways, I picked up a ray gun and what had happend was that since it was technically Two attacks, he shot two shots in succesion. easier to understand if you just go download my Dark Sonic from the character submission thread and do it yourself (Pick up a raygun and do Dtilt).

I dont know why it worked like it did but I thought it was pretty cool. Since noel uses guns, I thought that might be something worth knowing.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

Zelda can be almost entirely transparent. Seriously. The only things you can't get rid of are her gems, parts of her hair, her eyes, and teeth I think.

As for V-13 being Zelda I can't say how well that'd go... I just don't know.

.. oh, that'd work super well.

Zelda's Jab is perfect for neutral Drive, and basically all over her moveset are the graceful poses that would be perfect for Nu's motions.

Oh, and this is just my uneducated musing, but I think Bang could be Wolf, and Sheik could base Noel.
Wolf's hunch is as close as you're going to get to Bang's . . . ninja stance. <_<

Zephron

Smash Ace
.. oh, that'd work super well.

Zelda's Jab is perfect for neutral Drive, and basically all over her moveset are the graceful poses that would be perfect for Nu's motions.

Oh, and this is just my uneducated musing, but I think Bang could be Wolf, and Sheik could base Noel.
Wolf's hunch is as close as you're going to get to Bang's . . . ninja stance. <_<

If you use wolf he will never look remotely like Bang, ever.
Noel being Sheik... sounds kinda okay. it makes sense.

I will call making v-13 but I can tell you that would take a long time.

Also, just saying... Lucario as Taokaka?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Quick question:

If you want to use a character again, like use both Litchi and Noel for ZSS, can't you use that model swap mod? Like, swap ZSS's model with another character so that the new ZSS won't look warped (since the model will map onto the new character's frame), and then use a texture hack on that character? Just to get some ideas going XD.

Anyway, it's sort of cool how you guys are doing this.

Tager could also be Bowser... Tager does look beastlike XD.

"Nu is already made though. Just select Metaknight."

Lolol icwutudidthar

You guys should have had Lichi be Zelda and Noel be ZSS, would fit better than to have to have Noel be Shiek or a Spacie. Then Shishigami could be either Wolf or Captain Falcon.

Carl could be Ice Climbers ;) We'd have to think of someway to make Carl "fit" into the IC's moveset though.

Also, just saying... Lucario as Taokaka?
I think that would work :).

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Jin (a.ka Ice Marth) v4.0 released

Download (4.0) :
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t3my2wmmmij
Megaupload:

Changes :

-(4.0) back throw now freezes opponent
-(4.0) ice car comes out of frame 4
-(4.0) increased damage of Nair, Fair, Jab, and side smash
-(4.0) netral special (air) is the aerial version of jins frost bite
-(4.0) neutral special is now frost bite, fully charged is a one hit KO move, mainly to compensate lack of kill power

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
You did a pretty good job matching the ones ryko selected, cant wait to see the finished version

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Frost bite is badass, wow. Ice car fix is just perfect. Nair is currently def def definitely too strong just by eyeballing the thing, I roofed falco with a second hit tipper at 80. Fair is also definitely too strong, it kills dedede from center of FD at 100 on tipper. You have the right ideas, just tone it back ever so slightly. The damage increase on side smash and jab might be overdoing it, I wont really know until I playtest. Otherwise I'm really really really loving 4.0. Updating OP.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
No? >_> How the hell?

I was going to use Falco. Dunno why. Probably because of his Fair. But I'm going to manifest him completely with dark effects anyway.
BEES GODDAMMIT. Also because Olimar makes a much better amorphous blob than Falco does. Or perhaps Jiggs or Kirby...nah, Olimar. BECAUSE HE HAS BEES.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yeah, looks like I'll be taking up Tager next. With help from Ryko and any others' ideas, I'm sure I can translate it well into the coding. Ragna turned out well enough lol.

On that note, I've a list of things to do for Ragna, and will be starting on that sometime in the near future.

Top Bottom