• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Windows/Mac/Linux Autoupdater & Installer v5.0: Now with SD, FTPii & Snapshots

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I've revived the autoupdater in boredom and added in some requests that were requested back in 3.x. The autoupdater installs a fresh copy of Brawl+ on your SD card, and also backs up your old GCT in case you want to play regular Brawl or Balanced Brawl later. As always, please report bugs, compliments, suggestions, etc here.

What's new?

FTPii support!

That's right! Those that don't have an SD card reader, but do have access to FTPii, can now use the installer with FTPii. Just launch FTPii from the Homebrew Channel (or your favorite exploit), launch the installer, type in the IP of your Wii, and will upload the Brawl+ files straight on your SD card.

Offline support!

Offline installs of Brawl+ are now supported. Download the "offline.zip" from the downloads list below, and extract the "brawlplus" folder to the same directory as updater.exe. The updater will always detect whether or not there's an internet connection.

Brawl+ Without Homebrew!

This will not function until the official is out. Thanks to illinialex24's idea of Brawl+ without Homebrew, we're able to incorporate it into the installer. Of course, you'll need NO stages on the Wii or SD card except for the exploit itself, but it should be straightforward.

Mac/Linux support! (sorta)

This isn't 100% tested (nobody bothered to test the Mac portion), but download "updater.php" and put it anywhere you like. Go into Terminal (or Shell), CD into where updater.php, and type this:

Code:
php updater.php
This should launch the autoupdater in the Terminal/Shell console. It is important to know where your SD card is. For test purposes, if I were to store Brawl+ in my home folder, I would type:

Code:
Path to SD? (type "ftp" for ftpii) /home/bionic/brawlplus
But it's recommended that path would be toward your SD card.

Snapshot support!

You may now choose if you want to install Brawl+ using the regular GCT method, or the Snapshot method.

Downloads:

Windows: http://www.brawlplus.net/downloads/updater.exe
Mac/Linux: http://www.brawlplus.net/dl.php?maclinux=1
Offline installation (Normal): http://www.brawlplus.net/dl.php?offline=1
Offline installation (Snapshots): http://www.brawlplus.net/dl.php?offline=1&s=1
Offline installation (No Homebrew): http://www.brawlplus.net/dl.php?offline=1&com=1
PHP Source: http://www.brawlplus.net/downloads/updater.phps

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
mmm. Linux support. <3

I'll wait til this supports making snapshots before I spam it all over.
In which directory is the brawl+ snapshot (not 4.1, I mean the nightly) in?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
it's private/wii/app/rsbe/al

And i dont think b+.net even has a snapshot download. But why cant you just...do it yourself? get a gct with fp 3.5.1 and the snapshot loader, and drop fp from the main gct before converting it to a bin with the tweaker?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Updated for snapshot support.

Unfortunately, I could only find the 8/13/09 set, so if anyone has the snapshot that has 8/15/09, gimme gimme gimme

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Out of curiosity, what was the path you wrote in the program?

I don't have a functioning SD card reader so I couldn't tell @_@

But I'm glad it works on Linux, and it should work on a Mac too looks like

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, what was the path you wrote in the program?

I don't have a functioning SD card reader so I couldn't tell @_@

But I'm glad it works on Linux, and it should work on a Mac too looks like

Hi, the linux file system mounts the SD card on "/media/disk-#/"

I have one NTFS partition, a USB memory atached and the SD card

/media/disk/ <-NTFS partition
/media/disk-1/ <- USB memory
/media/disk-2/ <- SD card

So I typed "/media/disk-2/" and the program downloaded some files that I had deleted on pourpuse for testing

If someone has his SD card with a name Ex. 'wiisd' you hace to type "/media/wiisd/"

I hope this help you or to someone else

Regards

P.S. You have to have created all the paths on your SD (../private/wii/xyxyxyxyx/)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
4.3 fixes some weird glitch where it would make folders instead of files on Windows.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Downloads the Snapshot GCT, the snapshot itself (al_4-2.bin) into "al", and the PAC's into their respective folders.

I can't find the snapshot for 8/15/09, and figuring JCaesar said there'd be a new build out tonight, didn't bother asking for one.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Ah. So the snapshot is already on the server. kk.

All that's left is to create a homebrew app that can do this, and we'll be set for good.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Find someone who can; the only other person I know is Dantarion, but he has more stuff to attend to.

shanus

Smash Hero
Bionic, can you add a feature to your autoupdater which lets you choose if you run Brawl+ without homebrew or not?

I am also going to place a GCT on the server for 5.0 wherein it has the Disable custom stages code and will name the file NoHomeBrewRSBE01.gct

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Definitely, I'm gonna try and make some final mods to the autoupdater and release it by this evening.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Dantarion was thinking of combining both an autoupdater and the Mod Launcher last time I talked to him?

Anyway...with 5.0 out, time to practice for hackfest!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
OK. I may be asking a stupid question, but what is FTPii and how does it work? From what I gather, by looking at the snapshots of the program, it has to do with sending data to your Wii.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
You have to launch in your wii the homebrew application FTPii, then in your PC run autoupdater with the option of FTPii and then put your wii's IP (ex. 192.168.1.2) and the files downloaded are going to be directly on your SD inserted on your Wii

This is usefull for people who have not SD readers on their PC

Top Bottom