• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FPCPatcher v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
This is for ChiboSenpai and anyone else who wants it!
http://blog.dantarion.com/fpcpatcher-load-brawl-texturessongs-from-another-directory/

So, Brawl+ is now using .pac files generated using PSA. Thats all find and dandy, but now having Brawl+ on your SD card interferes with playing vBrawl with the File Replacement code turned on. This gave us a few options.

1. Move files around on the SD card every time we want to switch from Brawl+ to vBrawl and back.
  2. Have multiple SD cards, and maintain 2 collections of textures and music.
  3. Pull a Dantarion and write a tool to get rid of the problem.
This tool is a offline version of the patching that my Brawl Mod Launcher does at runtime. Heres what it can do.

1. Load up a GCT and allow the user to change the path that File Patch Code 3.5.1 uses to load textures and music.
  2. Thats it.
Download 1.0 - FPCPatcher v1.0

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Ok, you run the program and select a gct. Then, you pick the directory you want the file patch code to pull textures and music from. Normally it is just the pf folder. However, with brawl+ using pac files, if you want to play vBrawl with textures, you can't without loading all of the pacs for brawl+ at the same time. His solution involves using this to alter the directory the file patch code takes the pacs from, so use this on one of your gct's to change where it loads the files. This in combination with his Brawl Mod Launcher makes it so if you want to switch between vBrawl with textures, BBrawl, and Brawl+ you can do so easily without moving around a bunch of files.

By the way, Dantarion, you are my hero. Sorry if that's creepy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This is neat. It simplifies everything I was gonna do that you told me in the pm that I never got around to doing lol.

The only problem is that because of how it works vB and B+ can only share the same songs, you would still need to have two copies of your textures.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Sorry to revive an old thread, but is there a newer alternative to this? For some reason after editing my GCT to modify the folder for sounds, it disables loading for files in pfmenu2. Essentially all I'm wanting to do is use the same sounds folder for all of the mods (B+, B-, etc.). Using this code disables my custom menu background and title screen.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The last post is from September. Does anyone read the warning at the bottom anymore? >.>

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
The question was related to this app and the file patch code editing on this thread. Excuse me for asking a question about a tool in the tool's own thread.......

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Thank you Dantarion! I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home from work and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom