• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are people banning Metaknight and not King Gay 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
I mean comeon. I hear people complaining about how cheap Metaknight is, but I hear nothing of gay 3. Let me put it this way. Metaknight does NOT make any characters truley unviable, but king d3 DOES. If you compare characters match-ups, characters who have the hardest time against Metaknight, to the point that they can't win at all are Ganon, Falcon and Samus. D3 on the other hand makes much more character dead on unviable (assuming that they know how to infinite), those characters are Ganon, Link, Samus, Mario, Falcon, Donkey Kong, Wolf, and possibly even Ness and Lucas. don't give me the excuse that those characters listed above have tools to avoid getting grabbed, cause landing a grab with gay 3 is probably the easiest thing to do, having the longest grab range amongst non tether characters, and a 6 frame start-up is imprrsive. Above that, King D3 is a VERY VERY Good character.

My point is, why is there a debate about banning metaknight going on when there lies a character much more of a threat to more people in the cast? I'm not sure about this, but I hear that Japan has actually considered to ban D3.

You didn't get the point of da thread at all. I didn't say that he couldn't be beaten, what I said was he makes much more characters unviable then MK.
thanks

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Close.... NOW.

EDIT: Lemme make you look like an *******.

He CAN be beaten. EASILY!

MK ***** him (idk for sure)
Pikachu ***** him
ICs **** him
Falco ***** him

Stop being a troll and go somewhere else with this ****.

If you are using those characters against D3 in the first place, then you have a ****ing problem...

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
Close.... NOW.

EDIT: Lemme make you look like an *******.

He CAN be beaten. EASILY!

MK ***** him (idk for sure)
Pikachu ***** him
ICs **** him
Falco ***** him

Stop being a troll and go somewhere else with this ****.

If you are using those characters against D3 in the first place, then you have a ****ing problem...
You didn't get the point of da thread at all. I didn't say that he couldn't be beaten, what I said was he makes much more characters unviable then MK.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Because making characters unviable (whom can already be argued as unviable without D3) isn't the sole reason for banning.

EDIT:
Dk's the exception

Also many tournaments are now having standing infinites banned, a lot better then banning a character.

/thread

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Again, why use them against D3. Pick someone up for them.

Yes, we make characters unviable. But the only TRUE characters we make unviable is Mario, Luigi, Samus and DK. And DK has ways of avoiding it.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Because Meta knight is the most tournament character and has many forms of recovery, multi hit and low % KOs over most of the cast. D3 can CG so? Falco can CG and lazer lock. IC can CG just as well as D3 and to greater %.

To argue that D3 is bannable is not much of a debate.

BSP

Smash Legend
D3 can be counterpicked...and o serin is right, why would you use those guys against d3?

wait, it's not an infinite on bowser anymore?

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
D3 can be counterpicked...and o serin is right, why would you use those guys against d3?

wait, it's not an infinite on bowser anymore?
If that was the answer to the question, then why would the MK debate go on? Why not just counter Snake against him?

Last I heard, D3's infinite weren't banned.

SuSa

Because Snake doesn't counter MK (at least that is the common viewpoint) and takes far more skill then most characters in the game to play at such a high level. There are so many little things you have to know, that sometimes it makes me just want to switch mains. (Oh wait...)

Please refrain from double posting, use the awesome edit feature.

D3's infinites aren't recommended by the SBR to be banned but in almost every tournament I've attended in the past 3 months, they have been. The SBR don't have the last say in how any tournament is ran. It is merely recommendations that most people follow (generally because they agree)

BSP

Smash Legend
Till what? 300 percent? lol

At Susa: That still doesn't stop people to be able to use them.
And? If you know your character is gonna get wrecked by the cg, why use them against him?

btw, double post is when u post, and then post again when ur lastpost was still the newest?

SuSa

Many would argue that IC's is closer, and MK is actually closer then Snake.

Closest to an MK counter =/= 55-45 MK's favor.

In fact, 55-45 Snake's favor wouldn't be a counter either.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Till what? 300 percent? lol

At Susa: That still doesn't stop people to be able to use them.
between 100-200%

It differs depending on what the creator of the tourney says.
And IF people are smart they learn how avoid being grabbed Especially If thats all their oppnent does.

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
Many would argue that IC's is closer, and MK is actually closer then Snake.

Closest to an MK counter =/= 55-45 MK's favor.

In fact, 55-45 Snake's favor wouldn't be a counter either.

55-45? Lol. Ally has shown what a Snake is capable of. And against freaken M2k. I think that explains enough.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
If your main can't compete against d3 or Mk and your tourny serious, you should switch mains.

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
between 100-200%

It differs depending on what the creator of the tourney says.
And IF people are smart they learn how avoid being grabbed Especially If thats all their oppnent does.
This is King D3 we're talking about. Not Ganon or Ice climbers.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Okay. Ally is ONE snake. The other snake's cant (if they do) compare to Ally (by my standards anways).

SuSa

How so?

@Mario: Once again, the same could be said about MK.
Because if nothing happens when you ban the standing infinite, what the **** would happen if you ban D3?

"It does nothing"

55-45? Lol. Ally has shown what a Snake is capable of. And against freaken M2k. I think that explains enough.
You know Ally has lost against M2K as well. Correct? And that 55-45 is pretty winnable and even. I also believe Ally vs M2K is even, or so far (by set) favoring one or the either by just 1 set.

I suggest you research a bit more, or actually know what the **** you are talking about.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Please try and educate yourself and not make threads that are simply asking to close a character you DON'T like playing.

Read the global rules and don't post such spam again God I hate GBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom