• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS "28-death" on Diddy - Sorry

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I was shown these vids and Idk if this will work legit or not but diddy just has to be above 28% if I'm understanding this correctly

Shows the infinite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVsYrsefqCQ

Shows Setups:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lHyIWqLWfg

This is mostly a heads up kinda thing.. the setups look hard to accomplish and i don't envision it being a huge threat.. opinions are cool... and these aren't my vids btw.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Essentially, Zamus has her own Banana Choke on us now. It's a great heads-up for sure; I'll add it to Potassium Overdose at the next update.

EDIT: I added it :3

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This just means:

if ZSS has a banana in hand, DMG that hoe!!!
I love this combo and it's really flashy but I'm skeptical... dunno how useful it will be. I think ZSS has really amazing item/banana control though compared to a lot of the cast, it's really versatile. Maybe a ZSS/Diddy team?

With that said nef is really confident he can make it work...

Ohai ingulit :p

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Also you should proly change the name of this, it's definitely not infinite because it's limited by both the amount of stage and the nanner duration.

My advice to Diddys would be to either to cower near the edge of the stage, or just, ya know, not use nanners >.>

Essentially, Zamus has her own Banana Choke on us now. It's a great heads-up for sure; I'll add it to Potassium Overdose at the next update.

EDIT: I added it :3
That thread is a huge help for brainstorming, <3

Also:
This just means:

if ZSS has a banana in hand, DMG that hoe!!!
Please do lol

Also if you guys have any questions or need any clarifications just ask. Hopefully the video is pretty explains it well though.

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol, I doubt this will be much of a threat.
Diddy can just wait in the grab until the banana disappears. Also, can't he DI the grab release a bit (maybe he doesn't fall into the banana)? Or jump break? Or maybe even stand up before she dsmashes? It looks really slow in the video, but I guess you can do it faster.

This is a nice little combo (if it really works) that can do maybe 40 % or something, but it's no infinite.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
lol, I doubt this will be much of a threat.
Diddy can just wait in the grab until the banana disappears.That's why I'm pummeling. You're still taking a ton of damage and freshening my moves without making me run out of stage Also, can't he DI the grab release a bit (maybe he doesn't fall into the banana)?Nope Or jump break? PummelOr maybe even stand up before she dsmashes? nopeIt looks really slow in the video, but I guess you can do it faster.

This is a nice little combo (if it really works) that can do maybe 40 % or something, but it's no infinite.no it's not infinite. zero to death though depending on stage and nanner time, yes
All responses in red

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Not a big deal. Not only do you have to get the banana from us in the first place, but you also have to pray that you aren't close to the edge and that the banan is fresh

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol I just tested this and Diddy can roll away after the trip from the banana WAY before ZSS can dsmash.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
All responses in red
A ton of damage at a whopping 6 DPS?

Yeah, that's a serious amount of damage. I'm shaking in my boots now.

Either way, stop responding in quotes. It looks tacky and makes things very irritating to respond to. If you have time to add the red color, add multiquotes instead.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lol, I didnt even see him sucessfully complete it. If you cant get the spacing down on a CPU in traing mode GL getting it on an actual match. And if people do start getting this, then just ban FD, its the only legal place where you can do this for a long period of time. Nice damage racker though.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Doesn't work. Put the computer on walk and see for yourself. Nobody can combo out of grab releases like that upon a trip except for probably bowser and squirtle.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
lol I just tested this and Diddy can roll away after the trip from the banana WAY before ZSS can dsmash.
Yeah... After everything I tested with the Banana Choke, I was surprised to think that a ZSS D-Smash could hit where Diddy Kong's Dash Attack couldn't. I don't think there is a such thing as the Banana Choke anymore ;_;

You have to roll away quick, though, or you'll eat another good chunk of percent.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
No one important then? :p
ouch?

Sorry about the title, I just wanted to make a quick thread and put a title up.. and the main part of this was for us to find a way to get out of it if somehow it did actually happen..

So those things got figured out, so I think it was pretty effective

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah sorry for the false alarm. I wrongfully assumed that she would have a guaranteed dsmash from a trip because she does have one from a toss.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Thats what I get for txting you telling you about this?? :laugh:
at least we disproved it now instead of during a tounry match when someone trys it and they lose because of it

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
how could this make you lose?

diddy can roll away, not punish or force a suicide
Agreed, tech chase like a mofo. If they're ******** and don't roll away, D-Smash and repeat. If they do, chase with a Dash Attack or Side-B or Armor Piece throw (if you have any on hand while comboing, lol). This is still a technique to be feared by Diddy players, if you know how to tech chase it right (just like Diddy's own Banana Choke).

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
A good question would be how many frames are you immobile before you can run after a slip on a grounded nanner though? And a tossed trip for that matter. That seems like the kind of info the diddy boards should have on hand

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
A good question would be how many frames are you immobile before you can run after a slip on a grounded nanner though? And a tossed trip for that matter. That seems like the kind of info the diddy boards should have on hand
Yes. I've been saying this forever, but I don't have the equipment to do it myself.

Top Bottom