• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Shinobi (MPS) Racine, WI - 9-12-09 - Results

Wafles

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles - 31 Entrants
1st/2nd - Quik
:warioc:/Arty:falco: (Split, match wasn't played) - $165 each
3rd - Wafles ($37) :falco::metaknight:
4th - Hunger :marth:
5th - Fatboy :metaknight:
5th - Grimace :snake:
7th - Akashi :snake::ike:
7th - DLA :ganondorf::dk2:
9th - Ook :dk2:
9th - KGB :metaknight::wolf:
9th - SimaMatty :dedede::fox:
9th - Kennispam :shiek:
13th - Ewok :rob:
13th - Money :snake:
13th - Kirk :ike::random:
13th - Magic John :dedede:
17th - Blind
17th - Nate
17th - Southe
17th - Folk
17th - Frank
17th - Meneil
17th - Red Ryu
17th - Corms
25th - Sponge
25th - Polska
25th - Dietz
25th - Patrick
25th - Oro
25th - Tony
25th - Xyless

Brawl Doubles - 12 Entrants
1st - Hunger and Arty Like to Party (Hunger :wario::marth:+ Quik :wario:)
2nd - Suprise *******s (Fatboy :metaknight: + Grimace :snake:)
3rd - Team Rampage (Ook :dk2: + Kirk :ike:)
4th - Ow Don't Touch This (Akashi :snake: + Meneil :ike:)
5th - Birds of Prey (Wafles :metaknight::pikachu:+ SimaMatty :dedede:)
5th - POYD (Dietz :luigi2:+ Magic :dedede:)
7th - How Do We Edit (EighteenSpikes :ike: + Kennispam :shiek:)
7th - Dorphen Madness (Arty :falco: + DLA :dk2:)
9th - We Suck at KO's (Blind :pit: + Southe :sonic:)
9th - Black Johnson (Money :snake:+ Oro:metaknight:)
9th - Team Curls (KGB :metaknight:+ John)

Melee Singles - 11 Entrants
1st/2nd - EighteenSpikes:drmario: + Quik:ganondorf: (Split)
3rd - Hunger :marth::popo:
4th - Arty :samus2:
5th - Xyless :jigglypuf:mewtwo:
5th - Grimace :falcon:
7th - Money :falcon::marth:
7th - Oro :marth::shiek:
9th - Pichu4Peace :pichu:
9th - D33k :samus2:
9th - RedRyu :peach:

Mario Kart Wii - 8 Entrants
1st - Dark Kakashi

2nd - Fatboy

3rd - Hunger

4th - Kennispam

5th - Kirk

5th - Jonathan

5th - Dietz :random:
5th - Sothe :random:

Soul Calibur 4 - 8 Entrants
1st - Ken
2nd - Jerryl
3rd - Johnathan
3rd - Red Ryu
5th - Frank
5th - Wafles
5th - Dietz
5th - Money

Naruto Rev 2 - 2 Entrants
1. Webster

2. Fatboy

That's it. Post shoutouts, etc...

Quik17

Smash Ace
can you correct my name in the singles results plz. Thanks :)

I'll post some shoutouts later

Pete434

Smash Cadet
I didn't know there was Mario Kart Wii! That would of been awesome to enter!

Wafles

Smash Lord
i went marth every single set unless the opponent wanted me to go someone else (justin,akashi, YOU ARTY) I only went D3 vs grimace because i was lazy atm and I should have actually beaten quik with the ruleset. so you jokers owe me money. =P so ya. i sorta got screwed outta 2nd or maybe 1st place cause i was plannin on cg'n the **** out of arty. webster didnt know his own tourney rules and DK confirmed it after we were kicked out of the venue. but ya =P Marth baby. i played wario a total of like....2 ROUNDS in singles and same with d3. Marth baby.

-hunger on wafles laptop

Quik17

Smash Ace
Webster actually did know his own rules. Here's the exact rule from the first MPS Hunger. Look at the thread if you don't believe me.

"If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. Because Bowser's suicide klaw is determined by port only this method of suiciding will count as a win for their character."

hunger!

Smash Champion
Good stuff quik. i didnt not believe you or anything. i was just saying what DK said =P. but non the less. Fun tourney cept the whole 8 o clock thing. thats like literally the only thing i hated =) melee was a blast and if quik has wario all by his lonesome up there and not MK by his side. then i can have marth and arty can have only falco besides falco and lil ice babies by his side =). ill do shoutouts tomorrow probably. headin' to bed.

Pete434

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts! (First to do them)

EighteenSpikes - I wanted to get some friendlies with you in Melee but the Melee t.v was usually taken when I wasn't playing Brawl. Your Doc looks amazing!
Oro - I'm not sure if youre the Falcon I played in Melee but if it was then you ***** me!!!
Rate - You should of entered at least one tourney!
Quik - Basically what I said to eighteenspikes. I also wanted to play you in Melee against that crazy Ganon
Webster - thanks for hostin the event
Money - Your Snake is really good! You never die.
The Pit player I played, think he was called Blind - Good friendlies your Pit is so defensive

Had loads of fun at this tourney!

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Naruto Rev 2 - 2 MM
1. Webster

2. Fatboy

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
MM not brackets XD, but anywho, i still couldnt find a bando 50x50

edit: jiraiya stopped working

edit 2: 2 jiraiyas cuz he ***** put this all in main post

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
This was a fun event. GGs to everyone I played.

I would have wrecked Naruto had there been a tournament for me to enter it. <3

Fatboy, when playing Bando, when you go "SSJ" Just punch all day! Do not stop, you will break their guard and combo easily into super.
Also, good games in MKW, it was fun racing you, get wrecked by Kenni! =p

Everyone I raced in MKW, it was fun. I enjoy playing MKW. It was a lot of fun and I noticed many players having fun racing each other. I wouldn't mind going to another MKW tourney or just making another one at a future event. Is a lot of fun.

Hunger, I told you my rule for the Suicide at my events, this was not my event. It was Webster's and he has his own rules for it. I am not going to argue them. All I can say is... tough luck. You'll get them next time. <3

Quik our race off in MKW was well.... you know.... fun? XD

Dajayman, I was waiting to race you in MKW for your Rainbow Road challenge! Maybe next time! ^_^

Xyless, we need to do Wii Wheel vs Wiimote & Nunchuck races. I might bring my Wii Wheel next time and we can just do a Wii Wheel race off! ;D

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
wafles: really nice results thread. thank you for making it.

i didn't use Kisame at all. and the results were ft5, 5 - 1 (me). haha yha probably got me confused with the other blk who waz playing fatboy (johnathan). he was using kisame in a lot of his matches.

fatboy: we can run that MM ft5 FOR $5 (if we play for $3, we play ft3) back in October. For now, I am RAIKAGE of WI...that doesn't mean much though gahahahaha... :(

d_k: i'll MM you next tournament for $5 in Naruto. we'll give them a better show. besides, i'll just use the $5 I win from fatboy haha. you're NOT winning MKWii in October.

October line up guys will be strictly SSBB doubles/Singles, SSBM singles. Naruto and MKWii will be the side games played through out the day.

I hope now everyone realizes that we MUST start tournaments at 11AM at Paul's. This will be enforced next month. Venue fee WILL BE $4. We will use this thread to vote on the entrance fee for SSBB Singles.

How much you want the entrance fee for SSBB to be?

Option 1: $10
Option 2: $5
Option 3: I really don't care. I just wanna play gamez!!! ;)

for everyone who votes option 3, at the end those votes will be divided equally. if there iz a tie yet still. we will just go with entry fee being $10.

the voting will begin from this very moment. til October 1st. REMEMBER only votes in this thread count.

Hunger: yes that waz my rule! like i said, in which i borrowed from the CoB series in chicago. We had like 4 states and Canada agree on those rules. we ran that series for 6 months straight. you're right! i guess i don't know the rules to my own tournament. /sarcasim :urg: if u really feel u got GAYED, see me before the tournament starts in October. I really want u to come to like every tournament i run. it's pretty fun... /TRUTH!!!

<3, no homo...

HELL I WANT U ALL TO COME TO EVERY TOURNAMENT I RUN!!! you guys rock!!!

<3, leet homo...:bee:

special thanks to everyone who showed up yesterday. really i thank you all for your support. i waz a lil short on my goal yesterday. but today i should be able to get my new power supply charger for my laptop. and i thank u all for that! :)

but again this wouldn't be necessary if whatever douchebag didn't take my stuff. that's why i want us all to keep a look out for each others belongings. if we fail, our support for tournaments will be less and less.

MAJOR SUPER SAYIAN THANKS TO 18 SPIKES!!! Thanks man for helping me in the critical hours on the tournament! And helping me make good decisions in tough situations too! That part applies to Wafles as well. ;)

With your help, we got the tournament done in a timely manner, with out me having to make some lame decisions.

I seriously am happy u were there.

K guys I'm going back to sleep. Will post more shout outs later.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Vote results as of 9/13/09:

Option 1: 0
Option 2: 2
Option 3: 0

I don't have a vote in this matter.

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
OMFG 5th, thats so amazing, I can't wait until Jay sees this. (our 1st doubles tourney)
As far as singles go, you spelled my name wrong lols but I like my placing since that was my first tourney

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Kennispam: I'll $MM your Sheik next time :p Don't act like my Ganon doesn't **** :p

Wafles: Would you mind putting Ganon first in my character list in the results? I used him the most in the tournament, and I want to make sure he gets repped lol. And don't bother putting MK up, I only used him in one match the entire tournament.

Moar shoutouts:

Quik: Good **** man, I really need more Wario experience. You obliterated me :(

Arty: Nice job in singles, and too bad team Dorfian Madness didn't go so well lol. We didn't even get to go double Dorf :(

Hunger: Nice meeting you, we need some friendlies next time

Akashi, Meneil, Ook, and Sothe: Fun car ride, especially when we had to stop in the woods so Tano could... never mind

Kirk: Thanks for holding the Smashfest beforehand, and fun tournament match as well.

Sorry if I forgot anyone

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Oh and one more thing... Webster, does this mean that if I Ganoncide to end a match that the opponent wins? Because Ganon can't win according to the game, he can only lose or go into sudden death (I'm pretty sure it's randomly decided, or maybe by port).

Because this would be really lame, since it's counted as a victory in pretty much every other tournament.

Oh and I forgot a shoutout...

Webster: Thanks for running the tournament, hopefully you have enough for a new laptop charger now :)

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Kennispam: I'll $MM your Sheik next time :p Don't act like my Ganon doesn't **** :p

Wafles: Would you mind putting Ganon first in my character list in the results? I used him the most in the tournament, and I want to make sure he gets repped lol. And don't bother putting MK up, I only used him in one match the entire tournament.

Moar shoutouts:

Quik: Good **** man, I really need more Wario experience. You obliterated me :(

Arty: Nice job in singles, and too bad team Dorfian Madness didn't go so well lol. We didn't even get to go double Dorf :(

Hunger: Nice meeting you, we need some friendlies next time

Akashi, Meneil, Ook, and Sothe: Fun car ride, especially when we had to stop in the woods so Tano could... never mind

Kirk: Thanks for holding the Smashfest beforehand, and fun tournament match as well.

Sorry if I forgot anyone
Definitely. Your Ganon is beast. This time I won't be afraid to edgeguard >:D I was too afraid of your ganon to approach it at all, but I assure you that this will not happen next time :D

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Definitely. Your Ganon is beast. This time I won't be afraid to edgeguard >:D I was too afraid of your ganon to approach it at all, but I assure you that this will not happen next time :D
Hehe yes I noticed that you pretty much never edgeguarded. You have no idea how much easier it made the match when I had no pressure offstage.

As far as approaching goes, just make sure you don't make a mistake or else you'll get stomped. Ganon is reeeally scary to approach, but at least you know that he can't do much to approach you due to his practically non-existent offensive game lol.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
OMFG 5th, thats so amazing, I can't wait until Jay sees this. (our 1st doubles tourney)
As far as singles go, you spelled my name wrong lols but I like my placing since that was my first tourney
I hope u enjoyed yourself Josh. I was nice meeting u all...

Oh and one more thing... Webster, does this mean that if I Ganoncide to end a match that the opponent wins? Because Ganon can't win according to the game, he can only lose or go into sudden death (I'm pretty sure it's randomly decided, or maybe by port).

Because this would be really lame, since it's counted as a victory in pretty much every other tournament.

Oh and I forgot a shoutout...

Webster: Thanks for running the tournament, hopefully you have enough for a new laptop charger now :)
Thanks man. Much appreciated, seriously.

Yes. If ganon (and bowser) finishes match with ganoncide HE WINS THE MATCH. Regardless of what the game says.

difference between ganon's and bowser's cide vs. floaters is that floaters can make it back on stage after forcing the k.o (if u release early enough). ganon/bowser are ****ed...lol

plus...no one should EVER get hit by ganoncide. haha, so if u do...it's your fault.

WHY DID THEY NERF KIRBY'S BACK THROW!!! K.O'ing with that waz godlike in Melee (which rarely happened...lol)

mkw sucks!
kneegrow have u lost yo **** mind :mad:

LMFAO...

Scythe

Smash Master
1st - Hunger and Arty Like to Party (Hunger + Quik )
This name is new and exciting.

Arty

Smash Lord
Good **** Akashi and DLA for their high placings
Good stuff Wafles
Thanks for teaming DLA... Double Dorf would've pawned!
Zelda is broken on Mansion
Luigi sucks
The Wario CG makes the Wario Falco matchup 50-50

Great job hosting Webster... or should I say Webby :laugh:

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I vote option 2 as well, this tourney was mad expensive compared to the last...

I'll do shoutouts later since I just woke up =w=

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
... or should I say Webby :laugh:
.......AAAAAAAAAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

EPIC GRUDGE MATCH COMING IN OCTOBER!!!

DIGI (Ganon) vs. ARTY (Luigi)!!! FT3. Random stages. Loser does 20 push ups.

NO ONE WILL EVER CALL ME THAT HIDEOUS NAME EVER AGAIN...when i make an example outa you.

Hmph...:embarrass

M.A.S coming soon!

MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI....:mad:

2nd - Fatboy
Nooooo......................:mad:

GOT DAMN IT!!!

:mad:

and

:mad:

Wafles

Smash Lord
Quik - We had a close set, you caught on to my MK pretty fast though and learned how to punish it pretty good, lol. Nice seeing/playing you.

Arty - I just had to make it to winners finals so I could play you in bracket again, lol. Sorry I dont' like falco dittos, lol. You should use luigi against me more. =)

Hunger - I doubt I'll ever outplace you again. Best Marth in the midwest

Fatboy - Nice job suiciding twice. =\

DLA - Good DK, I kinda felt bad for nado'ing you so much, but that's how I play that matchup. Your Snake was a lot worse, I wish you had used ganon or something lol.

Ook - Never got to play you, friendlies or a Money Match next time?

SimaMatty - Thanks for teaming! We could've done better, wanna team again next time?

Ewok + Grimace - Nice sword.

Money - wtf you're 15?

Kirk - lol DDR

Xyless - Nice Mewtwo, lol.

WEBSTER - Thanks for hosting! Awesome tourney, I had a ton of fun.

Eighteenspikes - Pichu cares more about peace than top tier.

As far as singles/doubles entry is...I like 10$ this time because I placed in the money, but honestly 5$ wouldn't bother me too much, I still think we'd make the trek down to play. So I guess that's a option 3 for me, don't really care.

Top Bottom