• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NST III (Melee and Brawl) 31st October -1st November

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri

Introduction:

I’m glad to announce that the new tournament in the NST series will be hosted soon, this time with both brawl and melee having the same importance.I'm posting this here since there may be some european players interested in coming

Where?
The tournament will take place in Barcelona, Sabadell. I’ll post soon information on how to get there.

When?
31st October and 1st November are the chosen dates. Brawl will be played on Saturday and Melee on Sunday, both days playing from morning to night. Besides that this event will happen in the same week as the known event Salón del Manga, so if you get here on thursday or you don’t play one of the games you can go to check it out. (we’ll also post information on how to get there if there’s people interested)

Entry Fee:

Singles ( each game) : 7 euros
Doubles (each game): 10 euros per team
Venue Fee: 2 euros

Housing:

It's almost confirmed that everyone will be able to sleep at the venue on Saturday and Sunday. If you need housing on Friday or on Monday I'll arrange it for you, just let me know.

Rules:

Brawl: 3 stocks, 8 min
starters: BF,SV,FD,YI,LC
striking system is used
each player can ban a stage
counterpicks: Delfino,Stadium,Castle Siege,Brinstar,Frigate,Halberd
standing infinites are banned ( except for ICs)
Mk's downb glitch is banned
stalling/planking is banned

Melee: 4 stocks, 7 min
Starters: FD,BF,YS,FoD,Pokémon Stadium, DL 64
we're discussing on extra cps and stage bans
wobbling is banned
excesive stalling is banned

general rules:
Pools then bracket, Bo3 except finals, loser bracket.
friendly fire on
if the timer ends winner is decided first by stocks then by %.

if the game ends with a suicide move, the character who started this action will win

You can see the interested list at the end of this post: http://smashbrosspain.co.cc/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=637

Hope to see some european players here ;)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
November in Spain? That's good stuff, I'm def. interested in coming. Although I still suck at both games...

Also good **** @ banning Rainbow Cruise in Brawl

Edit: How many people are you expecting?

:059:

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
November in Spain? That's good stuff, I'm def. interested in coming. Although I still suck at both games...

Also good **** @ banning Rainbow Cruise in Brawl

Edit: How many people are you expecting?

there are about 70 players interested in each game, we've opened confirmation today and it seems that the actual number of attendants won't change much from the interested one :p
(like only around 10 players still don't know if they can make it)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well, depending on the international attendance (mainly for Brawl) I consider going...

K@0S

Smash Ace
I'm 90% sure I'll come to this, this time the date is perfect =D. Like Gheb, it should only depend on the international attendance, but you can add me in the interested list.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I'm doing my best to come to this, im gonna have my revenge for tsl KAOS.. BE AFRAAAAID, BE VEEEEERY AFRAAAID

Blad01

Smash Lord
Good stuff Marcbri !

I would love to come for my first tournament without Falco as a main, but sadly the dates aren't that great for me :s

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Interested. Do you need a video recorder? =)
Studying spanish atm, let's see if I've learned anything by then.

How do I get there from the Ryanair airport?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Interested. Do you need a video recorder? =)
Studying spanish atm, let's see if I've learned anything by then.

How do I get there from the Ryanair airport?

It would be awesome if you could record the videos, we don't have much to do that :/

can you tell me which airport is it? El Prat? Girona? Reus? anyways naT is working on a detailed how to get there from the nearby airports and train stations atm :p. it'll be posted today or tomorrow.

BRnaT

Smash Rookie
Well, RyanAir airport can be either in Barcelona's main airport or maybe it can be in Girona's airport or Reus' airport. Those cities are actually a little bit far from Barcelona and you will have to take a train or a bus to Barcelona. It's maybe 1 hour from one city to another then it's better to take a plane directly to Barcelona(el prat)

BTW, if the plane price is better to Girona obiusly you can take it, soon I'll post exact information on how to get from Barcelona to Sabadell(city where the torunament takes place)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Yeah just noticed that there are two airports... It's Girona. The flights we (me and Pepito) have been looking at arrives on friday 10:00 and leaves on monday 21:15. Anyone driving with room for 2? =)

To Girona it's ~110€. To El Prat it's ~170€.

BRnaT

Smash Rookie
Well, there's actually a direct bus from Girona's airport to Barcelona - Estació del Nord. From there you can take eihter the tube or any bus to wherever your housing is.

The fact is one-way ticket of thet bus from Girona's airport to Barcelona costs 12€ and a a two way (return ticket) costs 21€

I'll post more detailed info soon.

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
We always attend to NST :p

We (k-12, over and me) are already looking for flights/trains/MY CAR :D

cenel

Smash Apprentice
Put me on the interested list. I have to see if I don't have anything important to do at those dates, but I will do my best to come.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
If anyone could find out how much time and money it will cost to go to the venue/housing from Girona airport, and also from Reus airport, that would be nice. Ryanair is in these two airports, not in Barcelona itself if I'm right.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Sweeet. Found a 48€ route to/from Girona, thursday-tuesday.
Or 59€ to Reus/from Girona, friday-tuesday. This one is more likely.
Will just wait a few days to see if anyone else is going before I buy tickets.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Flight tickets booked for me and Pepito.
Arrive: Girona, 29 oct, 22:45
Departure: Girona, 3 nov, 8:55
We need housing!

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Pepito already had told me about the housing

we have an old storage where we use to do smashfests, it's a bit dirty ( we'll obviusly clean it before the tournament) and we can house some people there, about 15 or so. there is no bathroom but I live 2 min next to it so you can come here ( I'm housing 2 smashers already sorry D:) if you need to have a shower or something). good point is some tvs for the tournament are stored there so you can play smash :p

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll probably go to this using the same means of travel as AJP and Pepito. Can anyone house me (or can I be housed with AJP and Pepito)?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well i cant book till thursday, need to find out my schedule =)

man..there was so cheap as hell flights like £10 single to Girona but there is no cheap return ticket, the flight back is always like £25/30 lol >_> Duno if I'm gonna make this, it isn't even during holidays time =/ atm it's looking doubtful

Top Bottom