• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TL's NEW AT: 1 Hit KO on 1/3rd of Cast! *courtesy of McDingus and FioD*

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Jab doesn't have enough stun to cancel into Dsmash safely.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah I know, but the timing for the BCD is perfect. That's what I'm getting at. It's just another really useful way to incorperate it into normal gameplay. I never said it was unavoidable.

Hopefully they don't do something stupid like grab OoS. That would be a buzz kill.

Do you have a replay of it in action?

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Whenever I have a life again (college final exams start next week), I'll try to work on the update vid. I am debating whether to redo the initial one and correct the %'s (or take thme out) and do the survival groups correctly, or just skip that and do more applications of it like what you guys were bringing up. Again if you got replays, pm me. ^_^.

If you guys need someone else to 'take over' the thread, feel free to ask the moderators to change control of the OP. I am sorry I haven't been as "active" as i was once before.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm thinking that it might just be easier on you if you forget about the percentages. They do however need to be grouped even if they don't like it. You should also know by now exactly how to recover with all the characters because of all the flaming XD. For the record, I'd like to see them do a better job, cause as far as AT vids are concerned, you did a way better job then any other AT vid out there.
So it'll be similar to the last one. No percentage, three groups, you probably don't need to do a recovery of every single opponent because it'll take up too much of your time, so even if you do a few of the more contraversial characters like Marth, and a few from each group so they get the idea. If they wanted to see every character, well you've already done it. As long as you re-do the ones that people weren't convinced about, then there's not much point doing the characters that everyone agreed on all over again. This way, it'll leave more time for the good stuff, like showing off the different ways to perform it and so on.

In the end though, it's your call and we'd be sweet with whatever you do.

As for taking over the thread, I see no need. The OP doesn't exactly need to be updated badly or anything, so don't worry about it. And I completely understand about not being so 'active'.

Anyway, I look forward to the updated vid. As always, take your time, there's no rush.

DiZmY??

Smash Cadet
.... lol i might learn this and cp castle seige in doubles.... looks hilarious if you can pull this off consitently, which look POSSIBLE! :) nice find

OH and thank god it doesnt affect ROB as much ;)

adam_zappul

Smash Rookie
Finally mastered this move today

Took me forever but I finally got the BCD. Now that I sound like a total noob, let me say this: I practiced this against a cpu on Final Destination w/Training Mode. After watching the video and replaying the combo at the end on Castle Siege I figured out an instant kill combo. If you use the right grabs at a high percent (I used down) the opponent will get tossed up and be stunned until they hit. If you use a down grab and instantly FULL jump (not SH or Double) and then pull out the bomb while jumping past you falling opponent, you can pull of a BCD before they hit the ground! In other words, against a player with high damage in the exact middle of final destination, you can go from a shield grab into a BCD and follow up with a safe or bomb spike. This combo is really hard (hence the cut in the video during the castle siege part) because you have to fall far enough away from your opponent that you don't bomb them. You also have to jump backwards and pull out the bomb and BCD fast enough, otherwise you bomb yourself (jumping back and bombpulling is more difficult). But, If you set a CPU to stop you can kill them right after they respawn in the middle of final destination with NO DAMAGE. I have been able to do the combo, but I can't post a video for two reasons: I don't have a camera or a youtube account, and I really suck at getting the combo successfuly...if someone can prove it with a vid I would very like!

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
After watching the video and replaying the combo at the end on Castle Siege I figured out an instant kill combo
Just to clarify... Do you mean the Grab -> BCDG at 8:47?
Its not really a combo since Falco actually walked towards TL, and the bit was cut.

Also you're saying the combo is:
Grab (at high percent)
Down Throw
Full jump back + bomb pull
BCDG
?

It'll probably work on CPUs, but I'm thinking human players have enough time to jump between the down throw and the BCDG. Especially since its a full jump.

Please tell me if I'm wrong though as I'd love to see a true, or at least a reliable, combo with this on the end =D.

Top Bottom