• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

computer AI

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
ok does the computer learn your skills when you fight because all the stuff you dont see a computer do like up-b cancle for one the computer does now. ive even been seeing it pull of chain grabs and knee races. you get the idea basicly stuff you would only see a human do, the comp is starting to do now. not very good i can say but its still very noticable.

this only started recently. its kindof kool

so if the comp has an AI how would i without the action replay level up the comp to where it fights more like a 20 or 30.

does anyone know??

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah man. The computers are naturally evolving. This falcon cpu did like 8 scar jumps after teching my dair and meteor canceling the next, then did an air dodge backwards in order to avoid my third dair, knowing that the cloud would save him on yoshis story. This one fox cpu did a quatrouple JC shine, to grab, to shine bair combo on me. I was all like 0_o o_0 - Pretty soon our gamecubes will not need our consent, and they will start leaving our houses and hosting their own tournaments.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
It has recently been revealed that Mango got to his skill level by having Ken play computers on his memory card all day long so the AI began to play exactly like him.

No, the AI cannot learn.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
dude thats crazy. i also heard bout using action replay for a lvl 99 comp or perfect comp. has anyone here went against that before.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I've never heard of that. But it'd probably be more damage ratio and more handycap. It's not possible to change the way the cp aready behaves. Any "human" only stuff that you may see it do are just situational.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
well KYo is the one who told me about the perfect computer. so it exist he said that u had to have action replay to do it. he said that when you turn it on the computer becomes so gimp that you can barley touch it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'd like to see that. And I've never heard of "kyo".

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
For there to be a straight-up AR to do something like that, the AI would have to have already been programmed. In which case, why would they just leave it vacant on the game with no purpose?

It's not like they create a computer and then assign it a number and wham.

Edit: And about the "evolving" cpu thing, go play a lvl 9 anything and just keep f-smashing with Marth. I think you'll get the idea pretty quickly.

Gen. Empoleon

Smash Rookie
Yes, computer players learn really fast, it explains how Ganon always Up-Bs when I'm going in for a dair

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
For there to be a straight-up AR to do something like that, the AI would have to have already been programmed. In which case, why would they just leave it vacant on the game with no purpose?

It's not like they create a computer and then assign it a number and wham.

Edit: And about the "evolving" cpu thing, go play a lvl 9 anything and just keep f-smashing with Marth. I think you'll get the idea pretty quickly.
Yes. The AI are a bunch of barnacle heads. Just watch how predictable or dumb they can be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzmMAJWYJMc

Zjiin

Smash Master
Computers seem to occasionally pick up things like ledge teching and being overly aggressive. I don't think referring to that as "learning" is appropriate, but for some reason or another, these bugs do happen. I've had a CPU tech the ledge twice when i was smashing him at the edge. I've also seen other crazy stuff.

It doesn't mean the CPU is getting smarter, but they do pick up unintentional habits for no apparent reason. (i.E. He's not teching your stuff to stay alive, he's trying to use his shield at the wrong time which results in a tech)

keeper

Smash Champion
The only times I've really seen a CPU do anything advanced are:
Ledgeteching
Meteor canceling
When I forced one to airdodge at the ground (tried to attack it and it just air dodged down and to the side a little)

It's not that amazing.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Computers are capable of some impressive stuff. However, they are programmed that way. They do NOT learn.

I'm surprised this thread is still alive.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Melee AI is trash, nuff said.
True Initially. They get better after Having Over 9000 Matches but still don't do basics sometimes. Like DI'ing, side-stepping or Realizing what attacks will result in a SD. I swear if I see Falcon Dthrow to SideB off the edge 1 more time I'll Shoot myself.

Computers seem to occasionally pick up things like ledge teching and being overly aggressive. I don't think referring to that as "learning" is appropriate, but for some reason or another, these bugs do happen. I've had a CPU tech the ledge twice when i was smashing him at the edge. I've also seen other crazy stuff.

It doesn't mean the CPU is getting smarter, but they do pick up unintentional habits for no apparent reason. (i.E. He's not teching your stuff to stay alive, he's trying to use his shield at the wrong time which results in a tech)
Basically the answer to the original question as best as possible. I will admit that If nothing else Brawl has the Smartest CPU's of any smash game. They can actualy run away lolol. I heard Some people hacked Melee as well. Maybe They can "level up" The Computers ability.

On a side note: I found Training Mode CPU's Will Dl properly when set to "Evade" As a result I practiced Chain-grabbing with every character for hours! if only you could use the C-stick.:(

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Don't know why, but one time, A CPU Ganondorf on Corneria tired to avoid my attack and managed to do a perfect Wave Dash to the top of the wing. I wish I had my equipment then....

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Don't know why, but one time, A CPU Ganondorf on Corneria tired to avoid my attack and managed to do a perfect Wave Dash to the top of the wing. I wish I had my equipment then....
It's almost common to me now. When The CPU's have the opportunity they'll do a wavedash on my date. My Falcon and Link have even Moonwalked out of my attacks....wtf!

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
True Initially. They get better after Having Over 9000 Matches but still don't do basics sometimes. Like DI'ing, side-stepping or Realizing what attacks will result in a SD. I swear if I see Falcon Dthrow to SideB off the edge 1 more time I'll Shoot myself.

Basically the answer to the original question as best as possible. I will admit that If nothing else Brawl has the Smartest CPU's of any smash game. They can actualy run away lolol. I heard Some people hacked Melee as well. Maybe They can "level up" The Computers ability.

On a side note: I found Training Mode CPU's Will Dl properly when set to "Evade" As a result I practiced Chain-grabbing with every character for hours! if only you could use the C-stick.:(
you know i never just thought of praticing on evade i guess it could pay off with better acurracy. thnks fo the idea

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you know i never just thought of praticing on evade i guess it could pay off with better acurracy. thnks fo the idea
No problem. It's payed off Quite a bit for my marth. I've had problems with the EHY! Chain-Grab but I've had time to practice it against DI and It's helped alot. They Training mode CPU's Have Human like DI when set to Evade....If only you could use the C-Stick. I would just practice on Training mode against Evade CPU's forever.

Top Bottom