• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC#4: Nope's Monthly - O5

Nope

Smash Lord
Nopes Monthly O5 Results
Springfield, Ohio​
September 19th, 2009
Ohio Circuit Event #4

Teams Results

1: Hot Cross Buns (OS + Kel) ($99.00)
2: Rivals Unite (YbM + Lou) ($54.00)
3: Grab Your Dead (Capem + Nope) ($27.00)
4: Wasted Talent (Champ + Fonz)
5: Everybody poops but the God Kais (Infern + Smash64)
5: Half Baked (AZ + Lain)
7: Team Hat (The Mann + Chance)
7: Another Body Slam (Loz + Th3 Composer)
9: Prioritize me Captain (Kinryu + Party Hat Cat)

Pool Results

1: Overswarm
1: Smash64
1: Infern
1: Nope
1: YbM
1: Lain
7: DJIskascribble
7: AZ
7: CapEm
7: Kel
7: Champ
7: Lou
13: Party Hat Cat
13: Fizzle
13: The Mann
13: Jerk
13: Mr. E
13: Kix
19: Fonz
19: Katon
19: Enrish
19: Derek
19: Swift
19: Loz
25: RipN
25: Kaze
25: Kinryu
25: Th3 Composer
25: Chance
25: Jelly Time
31: Today

Singles Results

1: Lain ($148.80) - Ice Climbers
2: AlphaZealot ($68.20) - Diddy Kong
3: Kel ($43.40) - Meta Knight
4: Overswarm ($24.80) - Meta Knight
5: CapEm ($12.40) - Meta Knight
5: Nope ($12.40) - Snake
7: YbM - Kirby
7: Fizzle - Lucario/D3/Meta Knight
9: Lou - Game and Watch
9: Smash64 - Ness/Snake
9: The Mann - Luigi
9: Infern - Snake/Ike
13: Derek - Marth
13: DJIskascribble - Meta Knight/Peach
13: Champ - Falco
13: Jerk - Ice Climbers/Falco
17: Chance
17: Kix
17: Enrish
17: Party Hat Cat
17: Fonz
17: Mr. E
17: Loz
17: Swift
25: Kinryu
25: Th3 Composer
25: Katon
25: Today
25: Jelly Time
25: RipN
25: Kaze

Iron Man Results

1: Lain
2: Nope
3: YbM
3: Overswarm
5: Jerk
5: Champ
5: Fizzle
5: Mr. E
9: The Mann
9: Infern
9: Fonz
9: Kel
9: DJIskascribble
9: Smash64
9: CapEm
9: Katon
17: AZ
17: Amy
17: RipN

Click to view your ranking in Ohio Circuit points!

Nope

Smash Lord
God Kais Are Toooooooooo222222222 Goood!!!!!!

So much better then springfield, we are scrubs, especially in beer pong!!!!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Wait but you placed higher than the God....

OH WAIT. Now I get it!

Hopefully I can go to one of these things without missing some other event... (last time was Focus Cancel, this time was the LAN tournament, who knows what's next)

clowsui

Smash Legend
513 god kais got crapped on this tourney...what happened
now az on the other hand...good job
kel you did it =D i knew you had it in you <3 wish you would've beat az though.
lain you won, nice job =)

lain

Smash Master
1: Lain - go me
2: AlphaZealot - Just like we thought. good shiz AZ. don't barrel me 5000 times anymore... this was definitely the chillest tourney/hangout thing.
3: Kel - As expected. Don't let **** get you down. You know what I'm gonna say. Until next time!
4: Overswarm - I don't like snake v. rob very much...
5: CapEm - Fun chilling. One day I'll actually stay to chill and stuff.
5: Nope - Always love the snake. :D
7: YbM - ...I didn't get enough of you
7: Fizzle - MY BOY FIZZLE. Place top 5 next.
9: Lou - Thanks for the lighter you gave me 2 tournaments ago.
9: Smash64 - Next time, my friend, next time.
9: Infern - Too ****ing good at the snake ditto ;_;
13: DJIskascribble - Friggin Wisp...
13: Champ - BOKE SMOWLS
13: Jerk - Keep being gay with IC's.
17: Fonz - Happy birthday fonzie. Ayyyyyy
25: Today - Nice matches. Come to more tournaments!
25: Jelly Time - Best name. Don't worry about wisp bullcrappery. You might want to (in fact, you definitely should) learn a secondary when you get your main down to cover your bad matchups. Works like a charm.
25: RipN - Strict rules ftl! :p

Good ish Ohio. I'll stay to party one day.

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
ohhh... lain is first with ics you are the best ics player of the world^^
and you won the tournament no question:)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
1: Lain- Congratz. Wish you could have stayed longer...
2: AlphaZealot- God Kais.. Haha We had to much fun afterward. should be 1st or second on next PR.

3: Kel- Good Stuff...FINALLY!!!
4: Overswarm- You got Lucky...
5: CapEm- Nice Job...great time hanging out
5: Nope- nice stuff... You own in beer Pong
7: YbM- You suck bad
7: Fizzle - I cant believe you beat me...but you deserved it...Keep it up.
9: Lou - We did good in teams.... We can only do better
9: Smash64 - It sucks that we had to play. Keep hitting that Killa pimp...God Kais!!!
9: The Mann - Nice Job...thanks for coming. Come to more tournaments
9: Infern - I should have not loss. But it's all good. Good **** in that beer game
13: DJIskascribble - Good Meta... that clap trapped just ended the match much more earlier.
13: Champ - Always fun hangin with you. Play beer pong next time...I hope you find your Cell
13: Jerk - Fun hanging out with you... You are to cool. Come around a lot more man
17: Party Hat Cat- Nice Lucario...keep up the good stuff
17: Fonz- you are getting better. I'll be out there more once I get my Car
17: Mr. E- Nice close matches...You are improving
25: Th3 Composer- read my Sig....haha Keep it up and always improve
25: Katon- Good Ish in Beer Pong
25: Today- thanks for coming. I hope you had fun
25: Jelly Time- Peanut butter before your name
25: RipN- you suck at brawl haha... Thanks for hostin

I did Terrible this tournament....I lost so bad, played dumb, and didn't do what I know best. Oh well, I'll win the next tournament... Fa So....

Also...I Am going to need a partner for the Midwest Circuit events starting next Month....Lou are you available...If not AZ....If not then someone good let me know...I will also be posting a message about this in the circuit event thread just in case some miss this....
GOD KAIS!!!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Lain, next time there's a "next time" I'll go DK/Wario in Iron Man and give you a better challenge. ;o Lesson learned: Don't play matchups over playing your better characters.

I played like crap all day except the Iron Man (and against Y.b.M.). :[ I blame that on not playing for two weeks (since Cincy) and my car troubles. Johns, woo! Well maybe I didn't play too bad but I did some really stupid things regardless. (See: "Playing your better characters.") I had a good time as always, good **** everyone. TheMann didn't even play Luigi against me but I'm some sort of scrub who loses to MK players who don't even main MK now. :( Heh, I banned Halberd against him... and then took him to Halberd third game.

Thanks for being the millionth person in the past couple months to tell me I've improved, Y.b.M. It hasn't gotten me anywhere, unfortunately, but I never expect to win money anyway.

I really need a Tim Horton's around here...

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Ah! Everyone did such an awesome job~!! Congrats to all~! I hope you guys had fun too!

1. Lain; Congratulations on winning! I'm glad it went well for you! And thank you for playing me! I normally get nervous in tournaments, but I wasn't nervous at all playing you for some reason..! So it was great~! And nice meeting you too! I hope things stay well!
2. Alpha Zealot; Congrats to you too! The battle between you and Lain was intense.. I was cheering for you both! And it was nice meeting Amy too!
3/4. Overswarm and Kel; you guys were awesome!! I'm so happy you two won the doubles! You both worked so hard! And thanks for the ride too, Overswarm!! And I hope your side is stays feeling better, Kel! If not, most definitely try and ice it!
5. Nope thank you so much for hosting it! I had a fun time!! I hope your day goes well!
7. Y.b.M; I think you did great!! Heheh-- you should stay positive! I was cheering you on in all your battles! You win some you lose some, as long as you had fun! -Pat pat.-
9. Lou; Your Game and Watch is so awesome!! I hope mine one day will be as good as yours! Thanks for the cheering on too!!
9. Smash64; Ah!! Thank you so much for letting me stick with you and the rest for two nights! I had tons of fun hanging out with you! I'll get use to you all and hopefully will be less shy and nervous!
9. Infern; I had a lot of fun with you too! Thanks super tons!! And I'll find a way around all of the baby jokes..! And also thanks for the free drink too..! If it was free? (And so far no sorries!)
Also, thanks to that guy who talked to me Saturday night on the big chair! Sorry I don't know your name but you knew mine.. I hope your time was fun as well, and Serious Baby was funny!

Good job to everyone~!! I think we all did great! I hope everyone had a splendid time, too!! Good luck and have many nice days, ye!

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
1:lain- cool as ever man, im gonna mm your ic vs my wisp next time XD i wanna see how bad the matchup is
2:AZ- you'll get 1st next time. i need to play your diddy more. also i feel wisp v diddy is 40:60. Its just so hard to hit diddy safely
3:Kel- I need to play some more dittos with you cuz i learn from them
4:Overswarm- Our pools set was fun, i may have gotten you had i not suicided first game. oh well we will never know
5:Capem-you change your playstyle every time i fight you i never know what to expect
5:nope-i didnt get to play you this time around. ill try to stop by wed after next
7:ybm- nuh uh i had that **** XD. im not losing next time so be prepared. i just gotta remember you play unlike any other kirby ive faced. besides i give up on japes its autoban from now on against **** near everyone
7:fizzle- see what happens when you listen to me? XD lol jk you did good you just are having trouble with metas again. you need to show up to practice so we can train again
9:smash 64- it was fun playing super mario war and smash 64 with you. when are we ever gonna play some brawl
9:themann- hypest match of the whole tourney was a blast to watch
13:dj_iskascribble- i have sucessfully predicted my placing three tourneys in a row. at least it is a steady climb
17:fonz- fun playing you in pools you are still one of the smartest players ive encountered. idc about matchups lucario is scary ganon is scary you play scary characters =p
25:today- i underestemated you alot. you have improved alot since the cinci tourney. looking forward to seeing that g&w grow
25: JeLLITYMe- that match in pools was epic to watch. good to see you doing better every time.
that donkey is getting there just keep working at him
25:RipN- great tourney as always. you guys need to teach me to be pro TO too so i can host one here

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Anyway, Good **** guys. Especially you Fizz! Woohoo! Go New Generation Dayton!

Btw i have the bst Puedo-name ever!

Shoutouts?
Pools!
Overswarm: GGs? if you could call how bad you beat me even good
Today: GGs
Fonz: i didnt try to shark you in pools i swur!
Scirbz: GOOOO!
RipN: out of all lucarios worst match-ups i probably can play marth the best good stuff all the same

Doubles!
Smash and Infern: that bracket was rigged and you know it!
LoZ and Th3: i saw you cheat, i just forgot to call you out on it! using your secret techniques!

Singles!!
Derek: im still calling johns on how bad i played on my CP!
Today: good stuff, i cant believe i SD on RC the ship was there and i know it
Y.b.M: i didnt feel you at top game man, still beat me all the same, you gotta have that Y.b.M spirit your too cool 8D

Friendlies!
Kicks: good stuff always, glad to see college hasnt slowed you down at all!
Lain: i want your ICs vs my lucario pl0x! and also the D3 practice is helpful
Smash64+Th3+Kinryu: our pokemon character only, all pokebal battles were the best!
Lou+Y.b.M: good doubles friendlies
Today+Lucario girl who teamed and we didnt get to finish: uhh good half game?

OTHER SHOUTOUTS!
TheBlueBlade: Super thanks for letting us stay at your place, too bad you coould come
Infern: you lost to LoZ, he should replace you as a god kai!
Smash64: how much % did i heal you when e team friendlied? xD

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I think I'll try to do shoutouts after band, but that means I'll have to resist putting "Shark" after everyone's name instead of a real comment. >.>

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I lost to Kel first round 2-1 and to champ I think 3rd round 2-0 so Im not disappointed, but I could have played better.

Shoutouts:

1: Lain ($148.80) - Ice Climbers - Good stuff, fun friendlies. Ganondorf is pimp.
2: AlphaZealot ($68.20) - Diddy Kong - awesome job, I thought you had Lain beat. Thanks for the MM, it was epic. Ganondorf > DK forever, you Can't learn the match-up =D
3: Kel ($43.40) - Meta Knight - Nice job as always
4: Overswarm ($24.80) - Meta Knight - You had your **** together this time we played, I will be ready for you next time. Good stuff
5: CapEm ($12.40) - Meta Knight - You should have beat OS, don't put the result of the game on one risky move.
5: Nope ($12.40) - Snake - ><
7: YbM - Kirby - Thanks for the friendlies, Nice ZSS and D3.
7: Fizzle - Lucario/D3/Meta Knight - Good **** man, I'm disappointed you are fading away from Lucario, but your doing better at tournaments lol.
9: Lou - Game and Watch - Good stuff keep it up.
9: Smash64 - Ness/Snake - Thanks for the friendlies, always enjoy hanging with you.
9: The Mann - Luigi - Nice job against Champ lol, awesome match.
9: Infern - Snake/Ike - Fun hanging with you again.
13: Derek - Marth - Gratz
13: DJIskascribble - Meta Knight/Peach - Thanks, Sorry for getting frustrated, but although the match gets a bit easier as I play it, its EXTREMELY frustrating to play regardless. You know the Lucario match-up well and play it very smart, I have learned some things against MK from playing you that I didn't from anyone else. Keep up the awesome Work,
13: Champ - Falco/Ice Climbers - /sigh we play at every tournament it seems. Good stuff, unfortunate loss to the Mann but he played it well.
13: Jerk - Ice Climbers/Falco - Nice job man!! Good to see you
17: Chance - Gratz
17: Kix - Gratz
17: Enrish - Gratz
17: Party Hat Cat - Awesome job, You know the ditto better then me and you played it very well. I need some practice in it. I know what I will do for next time though, Keep up the Lucario work.
17: Mr. E - Gratz
17: Loz - Gratz
17: Swift - Gratz
25: Kinryu - Gratz
25: Th3 Composer - Gratz
25: Katon - Good to see you again, seems like you have improved. Your time will come!
25: Today - Fun matches
25: Jelly Time - Good DK, Learn to punish better and work on your DI and your game will improve tons. You do the right stuff.
25: RipN - Ganon > Marth
25: Kaze - Gratz

17: Party Hat Cat - Awesome job, You know the ditto better then me and you played it very well. I need some practice in it. I know what I will do for next time though, Keep up the Lucario work.
i wouldnt say i know it better, your a better player than i am our ditto followed the rule of lucario dittos:First one to F-smash wins the game

Top Bottom