• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UoK Presents: Smash Makes the World Go Round **October 24th**

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who:
Mayling
Greggu
Hilt
Bobbu

When:
Oct 24th
10:00am-10:00pm

Where:
Room 206 University of Kentucky Student Center
Lexington, Ky 40506
(If you go to Google Maps and type in University of Kentucky, we're close to letter E.)

Venue Rules:
1) No bicycles, skateboards, skates/rollerblades, or any other conveyance is allowed inside the building.
2) Try to limit food choices so it doesn't look like we're catering to you guys. (They get huffy about pizza.)
3) No alcohol/drugs.
4) Don't block any entry ways or exits.
5) Try not to swear as much, or rather, as loudly as you might be inclined to.
6) Nothing is to be taped, tacked, or otherwise adhered to the walls in any manner.
7) The sponsoring organization/department is responsible for leaving the room in the same condition as when the meeting/event started. (I've been pretty good about cleaning up for others, but it's just plain easier if you can pick up after yourself... so please do.)
8) Any materials must be removed immediately following the event or meeting.

Price:

Venue - $5 (will be waived upon bringing a full setup)
Doubles - $10 Per Person
Singles - $10 Per Person

Payout:

1st - 48
2nd - 22
3rd - 14
4th - 8
5th - 4
5th - 4

Top three Payout for doubles

1st - 55
2nd - 30
3rd - 15

Doubles Start: 11:30am.
Singles Pools Start: 3:00pm.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

* Life Stealing is allowed (doubles)

* Set team attack to ON (doubles)

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overtime.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Brawl will not be run from homebrew or have any other outside modification (such as balanced brawl) for official tournament matches, although it is fine for friendlies.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*Due to time constraints, please do not play friendlies until we say you can. If you do and you have a match waiting, your match will be DQed in your opponent's favour.

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 1
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Hanenbow (Doubles only.)

Setups: (Discount of setups will only apply if you bring it and we use it. Half discounts will be applied if you only bring part of a setup.)
TVS:
1) UK
2) UK
3) UK
4) UK
5) Mayling
6) Bobbu
7) Airborne
8) Greggu
9) Chris
10) Chris
11) TTar
12 ) Master Composer
13) Jordan?
14) Matthew A
15) Crash
16) Exiled

Wiis:
1) Mayling
2) Bobbu
3) Chris
4) Cirno
5) Airborne
6) David
7) Today?
8) TTar
9) Master Composer
10) Jordan?
11) Matthew A.
12) Crash
13) Xisin
14) Sai
15) Smash64

If you can bring a wii or a tv, please do. We should be able to pair them off and have a lot of setups. :)

Contact Information:

Mayling: 8595360956
hotmail: maylingchan@hotmail.com

Attendees list:

Mayling
Bobbu
Greggu
Hilt
Crash
Airborne
Mister Eric
Calic
Count
TTar
S2
Judo
Xisin
Matthew A
Chris R
Today?
OS
Kel
Infern
Matt O.
Vamp?
Master Composer?
Count?
Shyguy
Chris4eva
Metaflair
WWRJD
Les
Couple of WWRJD/Les's friends?

As an added bonus, there will be free play in the Cat's Den (Xbox360, ps3, wii, billards and Table Tennis). Also, there will be free DDR.

This list of free food will also be available in the Cat's Den at 3pm(you can get it and bring it to the room we'll be in):

Soda (assorted; no diet) - x90
Water - x35
Subway Sandwich Platter -x 3
Snack Mix - x1 lb
Pretzels - x1lb
Potato Chips x1lb

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I expect at least cincy and louisville to come (and of course morehead). someone tell springfield about this.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Everyone definitely needs to come to this. Indy, springfield, cincy

The UK tournaments have always had the biggest turnouts in Kentucky so don't miss this

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I'll let Portsmouth know about this, I'll definitaly try and make it. If I do come I'll for sure have a full setup. Will let you know more in the future of availiability.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
is smashboards laggy for everyone else?
or is it just beep?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
As an added bonus, there will be free play in the Cat's Den (Xbox360, ps3, wii, billards and Table Tennis). Also, there will be free DDR.

This list of free food will also be available in the Cat's Den at 3pm(you can get it and bring it to the room we'll be in):

Soda (assorted; no diet) - x90
Water - x35
Subway Sandwich Platter -x 3
Snack Mix - x1 lb
Pretzels - x1lb
Potato Chips x1lb

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
lol. is that D-9?
and firefox runs SWF okie doke. my IE just won't run it well for some odd, random reason.

Makes me happy to see UK getting the hype it deserves =]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I love Lexington.

*hugs the entire city*

Mister Eric, we need to have more beepin' great discussion on the chairs in the lounge or whatever again. Tooooooo good.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I love Lexington.

*hugs the entire city*

Mister Eric, we need to have more beepin' great discussion on the chairs in the lounge or whatever again. Tooooooo good.
haha we do. im not even sure i remember the last discussion l-o-beep.

Top Bottom