• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE GOD KAIS Present MWC-E #1 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 2" Fairfield, OH (Oct.10)

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
The God Kais Present "Brawl Bootcamp Lv 2"
Midwest Circuit East 2 Event #1

Im proud to present the second of many tournaments being presented by The God Kais! The location in which we will be holding the tournament is called Arcade Legends. Arcade legends has the largest selection of classics arcade games in the Tri-State area which includes over 50 arcade games and pinball machines. Some of them include TMNT(4 players), X-MEN (6 players), Punch Out, Galaga 3 and many more. And all these games will be free to play all day of the tournament with your venue fee paid. So bring your controllers and your friends to enjoy some competitive brawl and re-live your favorite arcade games!
For more on all the games they have please visit their website at:
http://arcadelegendsohio.com/

*This tournament will also mark the very first Midwest Circuit Event being run by Overswarm, for more info on the circuit and the rules go to: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249283

Where:
Arcade Legends
5951-3 Boymel Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014

When:
Saturday Oct. 10th

10:00 AM - Doubles & Singles Registration Starts
11:45 AM - Doubles Registration Ends
12:00 PM - Doubles Starts
3:00 PM - Lunch Break
3:30 PM - Singles Registration Ends
4:00 PM - Singles Pools Starts

* Due to time constraints and having the venue only till midnight, the tournament will start at the alloted times, with or without you slowpokes. No Exceptions!

Price:
$10 Venue Fee (Bring a Setup and Get halved to $5!! Brawl/Wii/TV)*
$10 For Singles
$10 For Doubles ($20 Total for a Team)

Contact Info:

Infern : 513-276-6600
Y.b.M. : 513-295-4214

*The Arcade usually charges $12 for an all-day-free pass but for this day they will only charge $10 as a venue fee, which gets discounted to $5 if you bring a setup. And yes this will also cover unlimited play all day!

Singles Payout

1st: 48% *
2nd: 22%*
3rd: 14%*
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout

1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

* 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of singles will also get a free venue pass for the next time they come to Arcade Legends, meaning they will not have to pay a venue fee for next time they come!

*Should less than 32 people show up to an event for any reason, payouts will be altered to 55/30/15 for Singles

*Every circuit event will have 15% of the pot taken out and distributed at the end of the circuit to the top placing players. Ties in points will result in them splitting the money unless they both agree to do a challenge match at the championships.

Setups:
Since the Venue is not relatively large, we will be planning on using only 10 full setups. The venue will be providing us with 2 full setups(including a gigantic 106 inch HDTV SCREEN for important matches and finals!) so I am counting on you guys to bring the other 8 full setups, which I am sure we will not have a problem with since all you guys just love the God Kais. Also since there is a limit of setups we can run, there is a limit to those who will get a discounted venue fee, so this will be a first come first served basis, so PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE BRINGING A SETUP IN ORDER TO GET ON THE LIST OF THOSE WHO WILL BE GETTING THE DISCOUNTED VENUE FEE!!!!

I will also suggest that if we do have space for more setups and people bring extras, we will gladly hook them up for friendlies ans such, but unfortunately they will not get a discounted venue fee since the estimated limit we have is 10 to fit plus Arcade Legends will not gain much profit from alot of people getting discounts.

Food:
There is a McDonalds within walking distance as well as other fast food restaurants within 5 minutes of driving distance. Snacks and drinks will also be available for anyone at the Arcade

General rules:

* 3 Stock (If the TO deems it necessary, the stock count may be reduced to no less than 2 for pools)

* 8 minute timer (If the TO deems it necessary, the timer may be reduced to no less than 6 minutes for pools)

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors or Coin Flip

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Nope's no BS rule: If you are attending a circuit event, you are giving us permission to record and release videos of you playing as well as permission to use your character, tag, alias, name, and/or likeness in promotions regarding the circuit.

* Should anyone be caught altering custom stages in any way for any reason during a tournament, you will be immediately DQed from both singles and doubles and your points for the circuit may be stripped from you.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties if 3 seconds has passed on the game clock. Multiple instances of resetting due to controller errors will result in a loss for future games in the circuit.

* If you believe you may have controller issues throughout the tournament, you are able to start a match on Spear Pillar for a few moments to test controls. Spear Pillar is used to make it crystal clear that you are testing your controls.

*Pausing and resetting a match without explicit approval from your opponent prior to doing so, at ANY point in the match (including star KO animations) will result in a loss of that match. Multiple instances will result in a DQ. That means you, Lain.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Note: Arcade Legends may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event.

Neutral: For Stage Striking

-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island
-Battlefield
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Lylat Cruise
-Equity*
-Libra*

Counterpicks

-Final Destination
-Castle Siege
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Pictochat
-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Pirate Ship
-Rainbow Cruise
-Luigi's Mansion
-Norfair
-Green Greens
-Distant Planet
-Abyss*

Rest of stages are banned.

*These are custom stages, for more info on them and how to download them, please go to the Midwest Circuit 2 Main Thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249283

Attending:

1. Infern Angelis
2. Y.b.M.
3. Smash64
4. OS
5. Kel
6. Clowsui
7. Lunar
8. Lou
9. King Yoshi
10. XeroXen
11. Steel Samurai
12. PeppyWil
13. Today
14. Count
15. Sneaky Tako
16. Mr.E
17. Xisin
18. Airborne
19. Hilt
20. Nope
21. Capem
22. Champ
23. Fonz
24. Wakka
25. Lain
26. Fizzle
27. AlphaZealot
28. Paranormalsin
29. Cr4sh
30. Dr. X
31. Sai
32. Pierce
33. Tyr
34. Vorpal Lyric
35. Chu
36. Keitaro
37. Jiffyboob
38. Lain
39.Oreo
40. Suyon
41. KassandraNova
42. Mew2King
43. Judge
44. Exile
45. Blue Rogue
46. Mister Eric
47. Mayling
48. Solecalibur
49. Baro
50. Silhouette
51. Pops
52. Framerate
53. T-800
54. Whats the Point
55. Jokey
*56. Sliq
57. Cameron
58. Kicks
59. Argent Stew
60. Renegade
61. Mike B
62. Kregs
63. Calic
64. Judo
65. Judo's Cousin
66. ShyGuy
**67. Metaflair
68. Rage
69. Nicalobe
70. King Beef
71. Mr. J

* So this one time Sliq was crushing faces with one hand, counting money in the other, and crushing faces in the other hand, all the while engaging in simultaneous intercourse with several members of the opposite sex when one of them was like, "Hey, baby, I hate to tell you this but I have AIDS." Then Sliq was like, "Eff that noise," and killed her with his mind. Then he turned every single HIV in his body into superAIDS and made them jump out and fly into his enemies. They all died in like one half of a split ****ing second.
Seriously. - Doctor X
**WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Setups:

1. Arcade Legends
2. Arcade Legends
3. Arcade Legends
4. Arcade Legends
5. Today
6. Sai
7. Hilt
8. Hilt
9. Cr4sh
10. Silhouette
11. Mister Eric
12. Solecalibur
13. Tyr

Any question or comments please feel free to post them

clowsui

Smash Legend
GET HYPED N1GGAS

Feel free to bring setups even though the cap is at 10. We'll try to fit as many as we can, like last time (...or at least, I hope...)

By the way, put me down as confirmed. I'm more than likely coming to this. No teams still tho, I'm broke.

Lunar2

Smash Rookie
No pipes makes :olimar: sad!

But go ahead and put me down as probable for this. I would bring a setup, but I don't have a tourney-worthy one that's portable.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I'll have to look at the schedule to see if I can come.

If I do, it'd be my first touney NOT using Ike. Woot woot.

Also, regardless of my attendance, I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread after the tournament, as I'm rather curious about these custom stages and will be observing all feedback... it's interesting ****.

Kel

Smash Master
requested off of work.

I DID have plans for this weekend, but those are definitely not happening. I'll be here!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll probably come.

I don't know why I even bother asking any more but anyone want to team? :/

Feel free to bring setups even though the cap is at 10. We'll try to fit as many as we can, like last time (...or at least, I hope...)
We hardly had room for even ten setups, let alone more. The biggest reason to bring a set would be "just in case" we end up short.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I need a partner for this for the whole circuit. Let me know if you're interested through pm or what not. See you guys at the event.

Kel

Smash Master
I think the biggest problem with setups was how the tables were arranged. We could probably fit in more if we did some rearranging and whatnot. Having more setups is ALWAYS desired.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll get there early this time and help them set things up, we may have more room for setups than before.

We're not going to delay the tournament this time either; last time we started uber late, but this is a circuit event so its gonna get done on time.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
The other problem was the lack of chairs, im working to see if we can get a few more and im sure they will be willing to have more setups only if we can make room and without blocking any passages throughout the venue.

Kel

Smash Master
man, I looked all over for a clip of when Peter asks his great great great great grandfather Nate Griffin how heaven was, but youtube has failed me =( sorry Y.b.M.

Nate Griffin replies "there's a shortage of chairs....yeah"

That's where the connection would have been made, and you all would have giggled. OH WELL.

Lunar2

Smash Rookie
Unless it's an emergency, I can't really bring a setup, my problem is not having a TV I can bring. Plus, since the God Kais passed on the last rankbat, I got a free venue fee for placing 3rd in the seasonal ranking at Arcade Legends.

But I'll be there. And I'll be rocking the new Gauntlet machine, too. Hopefully things proceed faster, because if I end up working that night, I'll have to leave by 9 PM or so.

Does anyone wish to partner with a semi-scrub for Doubles?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Lain I'm going to make them put us in a first round match if the seeding works out...you're going down this time...down down down <3

In other news, my target money matches this time:

SamuraiPanda - 1$ - Snake v. Marth
Hilt - 1$ - Olimar v. Falco
Lain - 1-3$ (depending on whether I win the other two) - ICs v. Marth

lou4222

Smash Lord
Not only did the tournament start late , but people took 20 minute breaks after every match. That was the main reason we didnt finish. We should consider setting a time for lunch. perhaps when there are 4 or 5 doubles teams left to an hour after that? Once that hour is up pools will start promptly. If you still happen to be in doubles you are exempt from this. Otherwise you have 15 different people getting food at 15 different times and it delays everyone.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Will there be a time limit on the tournament? That'll make things difficult for a circuit event.

Also I'm definitely gonna be here, no way I'm missing this.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not only did the tournament start late , but people took 20 minute breaks after every match. That was the main reason we didnt finish. We should consider setting a time for lunch. perhaps when there are 4 or 5 doubles teams left to an hour after that? Once that hour is up pools will start promptly. If you still happen to be in doubles you are exempt from this. Otherwise you have 15 different people getting food at 15 different times and it delays everyone.
Lou knows where its at.

I think I'm adding a rule in to all tournament sets now: no more than a 3 minute break between sets without permission from one of the TOs.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Lain I'm going to make them put us in a first round match if the seeding works out...you're going down this time...down down down <3

In other news, my target money matches this time:

SamuraiPanda - 1$ - Snake v. Marth
Hilt - 1$ - Olimar v. Falco
Lain - 1-3$ (depending on whether I win the other two) - ICs v. Marth
XeroXen - 1$ - Mario v. Whoever
Fixed it for you.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Lou knows where its at.

I think I'm adding a rule in to all tournament sets now: no more than a 3 minute break between sets without permission from one of the TOs.
There are already rules for time limits. Everyone always includes the 2, 4, 6 minute to DQ rule. It's just no one ever enforces time related rules.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Breaks are no big deal and TOs are willing to give them. The lunch thing is killer though. The last couple of tournaments have been delayed at least an hour because of different lunch times. And setting a time for singles pools now allows people who want to skip doubles a time to get to the venue, so we arent waiting on them because they thought singles started later.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Agreeing with Lou here, the large breaks and lunch breaks have caused too many delays.

Can't wait for this, haha.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummm.....I just found this thread...*sigh*....I'm jealous Infern is a Director Now....Dang it....I wanna be a Director...Looks like Me and Lou are going to dominate the doubles....Rivals Unite!!!

In other News:

I suggest that we start strongly enforcing the DQ rule. At Apex in New Jersey.....they were very strict about finishing on time and it made people more aware since they didn't want to get DQ'd and it worked. Though some people didn't take it seriously many people were DQ'd no money back.

Also, during pools people tend to wonder around when they are not in a match. We should designate responsible Pool Captains to make sure that their pool is being ran correctly. Nobody should be playing more than 2 games in a row (Unless you are still playing in Grand Finals of teams and you are the only left who hasn't played). Now matter how much you just wanna get all of your matches over, there are many other people who want to finish there matches and start the brackets as well. So take turns efficiently to prevent people from wondering around.

Lastly, when the bracket is down to around the Semi Finals or so, it doesn't mean you should procrastinate just because the bracket is almost over... Matches tend to take 30 minutes or so. So play your matches on time to prevent getting DQ'd and Holding up the tournament. This is "The Midwest Circuit event", that means that there will more than likely be a lot of OOS people, nobody wants to drive home at 1am and get back home at 4 or 5 in the morning. This is our profession (some peoples) so we have to treat it like one. If you are always late to work or don't show up to work...you will get suspended or Fired. So be responsible....

And Finally...I will be winning this tournament..... GOD KAIS!!!

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Updated OP with times

and like Y.b.M. said, Pools Captains will be made and they should make their pools run smoothly by having their players do no more then 2 games in a row

Same with DQ rule, it will be enforced, and if u dont like it, U CAN GIT THE **** OUT!

What's The Point

Smash Master
Usually bracket is where things go slow. During pools, since there are 4-6 people assigned to 1-2 TVs, the players themselves tend to watch the TV(s) to make sure pools are being run. Also, there are usually pool captains. But in bracket no one watches the TVs and it's usually up to the players to report themselves, which is when people start delaying.

There are also the people you know that delay the tournament that no one DQs. Then the biggest delays come near the end, because it's just the top players left, who are given too much leeway, and wander off to 30 minutes stopping the bracket because they need to play to advance the bracket.

Top Bottom