• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hackfest 3.0 (9/19/09) Brawl+ tourney results

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Singles results

1: Chudat (Kirby/ICs) - $75 (split)
2: GuruKid (Squirtle) - $75 (split)
3: G-Regulate (Falcon) - $20
4: CK (Ness/Marth) - $10
5: Blackanese (MK/Fox) - $5
5: Vist (Falcon/Luigi) - $5
7: Lobos (Toon Link)
7: VanillaWaffle (ZSS)
9: Sin (MK/Lucario)
9: Thunderhorse (Falco)
9: Tantalus (MK/ROB/Fox)
9: JCaesar (ROB/Squirtle)
13: Guy (Diddy)
13: Ryko (Snake)
13: TUSM (Kirby/Samus)
13: Count Kaiser (G&W/Ness)
17: S0l3r 35l1p53 (Wolf)
17: Sky (Squirtle)
17: Dawgbowl (Lucas)

Doubles results

1: GuruKid + Blackanese (Squirtle + MK/G&W/Fox) - $70
2: Boss + CK (Luigi/Mario + Marth/Ness) - $30
3: Chudat + Sin (Kirby + MK/Lucario/G&W) - $10
4: JCaesar + TUSM (ROB/Squirtle + Kirby/Samus)
5: Lobos + Bionic Sonic (Toon Link + G&W)
5: Ryko + Mr. E (Snake + Pikachu)
7: Guy + Dawgbowl (Diddy + Lucas)
7: Vist + Lady (Falcon + Peach)
9: Team Optimus Prime
9: T-Horse + Bandit (Falco + Zelda/Sheik)
9: Knights of the Blue Flame

Let me know if I got any of the characters wrong.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Go to the bracket in tio

right click on an empty spot on the bracket

the save bracket image is at the bottom of that menu, save it and upload it with imageshack or photobucket

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thanks.

Most of the important matches were recorded with commentary by Count Kaiser's friend, I dunno when they will be posted though. I'll try to get up whatever matches I can which he didn't get in the next few days.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
fun tourney guys, really wish more people wouldve come because there was like 10 setups, lots of room, and every match was entertaining and interesting. more people should go back to their roots and remember what a fun smash game feels like without all the drama and BS. im not saying everyone should start playing brawl plus full-time or anything, but id be shocked if any smasher honestly did not enjoy playing brawl plus.

good sets with everyone i played especially guru, i felt i did pretty good but i also feel like in brawl plus, if you aren't comboing someone to death, you are doing something wrong so i hope to fix my mistakes next time!

PS chu, unless you are allergic to money or something, you should team with me next time

Lobos

Smash Master
Shout outs from Lobos what!?

1: Chudat (Kirby/ICs) - Good stuff in singles, your kirby is too good.....but I have your number in doubles :p lets team sometime ;)
2: GuruKid (Squirtle) - Mad Legit and fun hanging out at buffalo wild wings
3: G-Regulate (Falcon) - You ***** me in our matches good ****, when did your falcon get so good?
4: CK (Ness/Marth) - NESS!!!! I was hoping for marth, ness is broken in b+
5: Blackanese (MK/Fox) - Funny guy! Trashing talking was too good! Bring more NY next time, good stuff in dubs with guru
5: Vist (Falcon/Luigi) - Always a pleasure, you and your gf ***** us in our 1st match :/
7: Lobos (Toon Link) - Play better, next time top 5 for sure
7: VanillaWaffle (ZSS) - *Does the thriller dance*
9: Sin (MK/Lucario) - I ***** you in doubles ;) but you guys won the set GGs, and more push up side bets lol too good
9: Thunderhorse (Falco) -Good set, next time I'll clarify that I want to ban stages and not do stage strike. I was doing bans in all my matches >_> GGs
9: Tantalus (MK/ROB/Fox) - Good matches but my TL is kinda **** in B+ :)
9: JCaesar (ROB/Squirtle) -Good stuff running the tourney, wish we had more people make it but it is kinda far out. Good stuff talking to the waitress lol
13: Guy (Diddy) - Good set in doubles, I didn't really notice the boomerang speed tho >_>
13: Ryko (Snake) - We didn't play :/ but good stuff at BWW....."The short answer is because you're black" lol
13: TUSM (Kirby/Samus) - Good stuff in doubles, better luck in singles next time.
13: Count Kaiser (G&W/Ness) - We didnt play at all >_>
17: S0l3r 35l1p53 (Wolf) - Good job recording stuff hope to see those vids soon
17: Sky (Squirtle) - GGs
17: Dawgbowl (Lucas) - GGs in doubles
Bionic Sonic - Good stuff in doubles, needs to not get hit by G&W smash attacks lol
EE - PLay this game homo

More people should come to these, the tourney and people are way better than the brawl community :p........less campy game = more fun for everyone :):laugh:
Buffalo wild wings was great by the way and also I was not drunk off 1 drink.....push ups got me warmed up lol

Everyone bring jackets/hoodies/coats/ etc next time LOL its fall!

why would guru and chu split?
People wanted to go to buffalo wild wings? lol They played the set out chu won 3-0.....last match was a 4 stock >_>

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
fun tourney guys, really wish more people wouldve come because there was like 10 setups, lots of room, and every match was entertaining and interesting. more people should go back to their roots and remember what a fun smash game feels like without all the drama and BS. im not saying everyone should start playing brawl plus full-time or anything, but id be shocked if any smasher honestly did not enjoy playing brawl plus.
Not gonna lie, I dont really like plus. It was my third time ever playing as was evident the second I went against chu rofl. However I love hanging out and just shooting the **** at tourneys so I'd show regardless.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
really excited for the next hackfest though, half the fun was seeing how the brackets would play out, because everyone who takes brawl plus seriously feels they have a legit shot at winning. the results of this tournament prove it, everyone placed about the same as their skill level would warrant.

the beauty is that no one who entered the tournament was immediately handicapped by their character, anyone couldve taken 1st with anybody. true smash skill is what earns people victories in brawl plus.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
really excited for the next hackfest though, half the fun was seeing how the brackets would play out, because everyone who takes brawl plus seriously feels they have a legit shot at winning. the results of this tournament prove it, everyone placed about the same as their skill level would warrant.

the beauty is that no one who entered the tournament was immediately handicapped by their character, anyone couldve taken 1st with anybody. true smash skill is what earns people victories in brawl plus.
This is just about the best praise anybody could give to a game, ever.

I'm sigging this for great justice.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Thanks JCaesar. Very well run, I must say. Please host more Brawl+ tournaments. It is infinitely more fun than regular brawl. I always knew if Brawl was just a bit more like Melee it would be a far more enjoyable game.
I didn't enter singles but I will next time. I enjoyed the friendlies I had. Especially against CK, whose Ness I defeated with my Peach. I was so proud of myself and then *BOOM*. I leave the Wii for a second and Boss comes in, puts his controller in the slot, and closes out my match before I could record it. Thanks Boss.
Anywho, Buffalo Wild Wings was an amazing experience. TABLE FOR 30 PLEASE! Rofl.
I had the blazin' wings and I still would have liked them hotter. Too bad Blaka's lavender-hair gay daddy had to lose in boxing. Him and Ryko kept making money matches out of the boxing matches and their dollars went back and forth for over an hour.

But JCaesar, that was possibly the best tournament experience I've ever had. And I was at Cot4 and ECRC events. So it's saying a lot.

*BRAWL+ TOURNAMENTS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR SMASHERS OF ALL AGES* :)

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Cool results. CF in top 3? Nice. I wish i could of came. Everyone who went to this better come to btl2.

"cries" at no peach players.. Do yall not the power known as dair?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Screw that. My skill > Your skill. (Looking at you, Thunderhorse) xD

Dude plenty of peaches came. They *****. Hard. I forgot who exactly used Peach though. (No MAINS of Peach though)

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Well I used Peach... in friendlies. Just ask CK's Ness. Boss, why'd you have to go and quit out the match before I was just about to record it? :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
But JCaesar, that was possibly the best tournament experience I've ever had. And I was at Cot4 and ECRC events. So it's saying a lot.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that :) I'm really burned out from the whole thing and it's good to hear that people enjoyed it. Honestly I don't even like hosting all that much, but I seem to be the only one in MD/VA willing to run B+ tourneys right now, so I gotta keep it rolling.

*BRAWL+ TOURNAMENTS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR SMASHERS OF ALL AGES* :)
QFT

Cool results. CF in top 3? Nice. I wish i could of came. Everyone who went to this better come to btl2.

"cries" at no peach players.. Do yall not the power known as dair?
Slikvik couldn't enter singles due to work. He surely would've placed well.

And Captain Falcon is really friggin good now.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Theshoutalus

1: Chudat (Kirby/ICs) - LOL, you learned your lesson XD, but thats good, thanks for beating NY, too good
2: GuruKid (Squirtle) - NY is good, you do realize we don't practice this game though right?
3: G-Regulate (Falcon) - You almost had guru the second time, its all good you're pretty amazing as always
4: CK (Ness/Marth) - AMAZING! Ness?! NESS!?
5: Blackanese (MK/Fox) - Too funny, "who said that? had to be a white guy"
5: Vist (Falcon/Luigi) - Vist is legit, one of my favorite smashers
7: Lobos (Toon Link) - Good matches we had!
7: VanillaWaffle (ZSS) - ATHF!
9: Sin (MK/Lucario) - how bout that mk????
9: Thunderhorse (Falco) - Good to see you again
9: Tantalus (MK/ROB/Fox) - hey not too shabby...but 9th again...
9: JCaesar (ROB/Squirtle) - lose to ATHF more please! Seriously though, when you TO an event, you play worse, its the way it goes
13: Guy (Diddy) - Lose to ATHF more please
13: Ryko (Snake) - Sova Baby!
13: TUSM (Kirby/Samus)- Too legit, always a pleasure to hang with you dude
13: Count Kaiser (G&W/Ness) - I'll stop by the college soon to chill
17: S0l3r 35l1p53 (Wolf)- same as above
17: Dawgbowl (Lucas) - sorry dude, hope you can have more fun at the next one.
EE- good ****, as always, too good. Made the day amazing, as always, I can count on you every time
Cape- More pokemon and kart next time you come by. I'm sure i'll see you around.

This tournament was amazing, and it was 5 minutes away from my house, which is even more amazing. Come to westminster more please!

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Jcease do what u do best and gets some replays up!!!

Also how did tusm do?(I mean i seen the results. But how good of a player is he now?) I wanted to practice with him before he left but i never got a chance. Also other things not worth talking about in this thread prevented it from happening. lol.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Also, I wanted to point out that the environment at this tournament was completely different from any tournament I've experienced before. Pretty amazing.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Great tournament, and it was right in my backyard. Tons of friendlies and more setups than I have ever seen at a tournament (like 10 setups and most on larger tv's). Everyone who came really stepped up with the setups, and it was just a fun day. I missed singles due to a prior engagement (I attended Jeff Dunham's performance in York), but I made it back for crews (which was another classic... wow to CK's Ness... wow).

TH - Good teams matches. We just need to learn to close out those matches better.
Cape, Chaotical - Cool hanging on Friday and at the tourney
JCaesar - Great job running everything
Everyone Else - Good ****

:bandit:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
You have no idea how fun this tourney was, the atmosphere was friendly, everyone was chill lol. I'd rather go to Brawl+ tournies as opposed to Brawl ones, especially if JCaesar is hosting it, I definitely wish more people would've attended, c'yall at Chibo's tourney!

Shoutouts:
Chudat+Sin -- **** team is ****. I think me and Lobos actually came close but lost, but your team is still pretty impressive
Lobos -- You're an awesome partner, I knew we could ****
Guy + Dawgbowl -- Bet you didn't know G&W's smashes had infzy frames, eh? :p
Vist + Lady -- Vist, every time I tried to get to you in teams, you ended up comboing me with Falcon in ways I haven't seen before LOL. Fun stuff with you and Lady

I couldn't enter singles because I had to get home a bit early due to some family issues, but I would've stayed for singles if I had the choice.

Triangle.

Vist

Smash Champion
awesome tournament, shout outs in a bit

btw my gf's name is Quinn, >_< @ lady lol

edit:

1: Chudat (Kirby/ICs) - congrats on winning mang and good stuff in our matches, prolly should picked someone different tho XD
2: GuruKid (Squirtle) - Intense matches man, ur squirtle is too good
3: G-Regulate (Falcon) - good stuff with falcon, we'll have to team some other time
4: CK (Ness/Marth) - ness????? too good
5: Blackanese (MK/Fox) - lol @ "twizler"
5: Vist (Falcon/Luigi) - poop
7: Lobos (Toon Link) - good stuff in teams and friendlies man
7: VanillaWaffle (ZSS) - fun matches, ur zss is tricky as hale
9: Sin (MK/Lucario) - didnt get to play =(
9: Thunderhorse (Falco) - fun matches man, sucks we had to play 1st round =/
9: Tantalus (MK/ROB/Fox) - fun matches
9: JCaesar (ROB/Squirtle) - thanks for hosting and everything, gotta do this again soon!
13: Ryko (Snake) - fun friendlies man, dunno what to do against snake except get impatient
13: TUSM (Kirby/Samus)- didn't get to play =(, nice seeing you again
BionicSonic- I was getting lucky in our teams matches, nice meeting/playing you tho
Boss- our friendlies were fun as ****; sucks you didnt enter singles =(
Mister E- good stuff in teams, we'll have to play friendlies next time
EE - thanks for the commentary and stuff man
Slikvik - screw work and **** ppl's faces next time

sorry to anyone i might be missing

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I had a helluva time this weekend, really glad I came. Buffalo Wild Wings would've been perfect if it wasn't so chilly outside.

Random team matches with items on is so d*mn fun.

1: Chudat-Fun set in teams, and i enjoy watching your Kirby.
2: GuruKid-You're a freak, dude. If B+ ever became big, you'd get rich real quick
3: G-Regulate-How in the HELL were you my first match? Your Falcon is sick, dude.
4: CK-Good stuff in that crew battle. Without your nine stock, we wouldn't have won.
5: Blackanese-As always, mad cool chillin' with you.
5: Vist-Good to see you again, though I didn't get to play you, even though we know what would've happened. <_<
7: Lobos-Never bet on the gay guy. I think we both made that mistake.
7: VanillaWaffle-I somehow have your autograph, but I have no idea how....
9: Sin-................
9: Tantalus-I'll get you next time.....just you wait.
9: JCaesar-Something about us and the number 4, hunh?
13: TUSM-WTF????
13: Count Kaiser-Good to see you again, had fun playing those friendlies. 4 Stock comeback FTW.

Also how did tusm do?(I mean i seen the results. But how good of a player is he now?) I wanted to practice with him before he left but i never got a chance. Also other things not worth talking about in this thread prevented it from happening. lol.
In doubles, I pulled my weight. Singles is what always gets to me somehow. I don't understand it. I may just do doubles from now on, I don't know.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
i also feel like in brawl plus, if you aren't comboing someone to death, you are doing something wrong so i hope to fix my mistakes next time!

this is so true any character has potential to destroy someone in someway thats what i like about this game xD :chuckle:

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Shoutouts (I think I got everyone, but if not, sorry. It's kinda late.):

Chudat (Kirby/ICs) - amazing player, your Kirby is great. Can't wait for our next set!
G-Regulate (Falcon) - Our set was hands-down my favorite set of this tournament. Very intense; ggs man!
CK (Ness/Marth) - GAH ITS NESS! Good stuff finally finding a character you enjoy playing. No more Marth though?
Blackanese (MK/Fox) - As always, great teaming with you man. Special thanks for you supporting me throughout singles finals.
Vist (Falcon/Luigi) - Fun playing you in both doubles and singles! You've got a great Falcon.
Lobos (Toon Link) - BWW was fun, and lol good stuff manning up to the push-ups bet. Upload those pics of Boss vs the Burger!
Sin (MK/Lucario) - NY ALL DAY. Fun stuff at BWW.
Thunderhorse (Falco) - those Charizard dittos were too fun, great friendlies.
Tantalus (MK/ROB/Fox) - I didn't get to speak with you that much, but nice meeting you.
JCaesar (ROB/Squirtle) - Great stuff hosting this tournament, bro. I wanted Squirtle dittos :-( AND STEP IT UP WITH YOUR PICK-UP GAME.
Guy (Diddy) - So you were sandbagging the whole tournament, huh? :chuckle: Nice meeting you.
Ryko (Snake) - I honestly didn't expect to see you there, but it was great seeing you again, dude. And yeah, even if you don't like B+, just play Snake; it's the same either way!
TUSM (Kirby/Samus) - Your Samus was actually very entertaining to watch. I think she might be good enough to hold her own, but hopefully you can find the right characters in this game. Great seeing you again.
Count Kaiser (G&W/Ness) - nice meeting you. Very nice Ness.
Sky (Squirtle) - nice meeting you, dude. Keep that Squirtle sharp.
Boss - Should have done singles, man. You're like the chillaxest of the chillax. Was great meeting you, and your Mario Bros are really sick.
Slikvik - Get a better workshift so you can enter tournaments! And we needed more friendlies (I got mad tired at the end though, so maybe it's my fault). Muchas gracias for driving us back to the station.
Cape - Great seeing you and discussing Brawl+ with you. We gotta fix Ivy :-(

BWW was fun; food was sooo good. If only it wasn't so **** cold though... I was shivering so much.

This was honestly one of the best tournaments I've been to. MD/VA is maaad chill; I definitely wanna hit this region up again for another tournament, or even just to train with you guys a bit.

People wanted to go to buffalo wild wings? lol They played the set out chu won 3-0.....last match was a 4 stock >_>
It was a best of 3 set, and was 2-1 actually. That 4-stock though... I dunno what happened there lol. Just gotta step it up more. :)

Much agreed with this; that's why I enjoy this game 10x more than Brawl. Also keep in mind that barely half the roster was represented in this tournament; we've still got to see a lot from that other half!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Also keep in mind that barely half the roster was represented in this tournament; we've still got to see a lot from that other half!
I wish I could use my Sonic as good as my G&W :(

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Well I'm late.

Either way, its good to see people embracing B+ (or so it seemed) even though in singles I still just got demolished -_-
Not sure how many more tourneys I attend in the future, I may come out for one every couple months or so but not as frequently as I have been. (which wasn't that frequent)

Had a good time regardless, that garage got cold fast burrrrrrrr.

Ok so shoutouts--
guy - We did OK all things considered.
Knights of Blue flame - Great matches
Boss / CK - blahhh well done in teams.
Lobos / Sonic - We were doing fine for 1 1/2 rounds then you both just switched it on in the middle of halberd... wtf good matches though.
CountKaiser - I just roll over in my grave against GaWs *sigh*
Tant - Metaknight, really, ....really.... ok ggs.

To whoever I missed NY, etc, congrats and all. JCaes sucks you lost to waffle lol Zero suit is wayyy too good.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
lol fun tourny, as always the most fun was just hangin out with every1 at that wild wings place x] and trash talking of course ;] happy i got 2 meet alotta new ppl and some i havent seen in a while :]

edit - oh sht wtf son my name turned pink, MY SHT DIGIVOLVED SON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom