• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team UMD presents: Shell Shocked V[11/7/09] ?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
We've had a bunch of people asking for this, so team UMD is whipping out their Unfortunately Massive ***** to bring you

SHELL SHOCKED IV

When:11/7/09
Where: La Plata Basement, University of Maryland:College Park
Time: Start showing up at 10 at the earliest, registration will start at 11 and teams will start at 12.
Entry fee:
Singles $10
Teams $10 per person. Subject to change if enough people want prices up or down, but $10 entry fees seem to be the happy medium for those who are driving a fair distance and expect to win money and those who live close and just want a tourney.
There is no venue fee as per usual.

DRAFT CREWS?
I <3 crews, and I'd love to get some going. I was going to suggest MD v VA crews, but we might have some Oos folks and I wouldn't want to leave them out. Thoughts?
Contact info:

ChRed: Phone-240-778-4089
Aim: ChRed2AKrisp

If there is anyone who is ridiculously OOS or just wants to spend the night, I have a comfy couch and a comfy armchair chair that DosV vomited on, and a carpeted floor if you're really desperate but I would bring some kind of sleeping pad for that.

MELEE RULESET

* All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
* Items are OFF.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Wobbling is banned? Or not? I'm sure chu would appreciate the latter XD.
* You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch. Mewtwo's soul stunner is NOT banned. If you can make that happen in a tournament match, you win the tournament. I doubt anyone here will disagree with this.
* Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
* Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
* Dave's Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.

Singles neutral stages---

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Singles counterpick stages---

Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Mute City
Brinstar
DK64
PokeFloats

Counterpicks are in debate. Pound 4 is banning mute city and green greens I think, in spirit of preparation for pound should we ban them?

Doubles neutral stages---

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story

Doubles counterpick stages---

DK64
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

I'm banning jungles japes for teams because that has to be the most ******** teams stage ever. Green greens as well maybe. Again, subject to debate.

Counterpick Rules---

First round: blind character pick, each player bans any stage if need be (which sticks for the entire set), and a random stage (from neutral set) is chosen. No reset on random is allowed.

Following rounds: Loser chooses a stage, winner chooses character, loser chooses character.

You cannot choose a stage you have already won on, and no stage can be played twice in a row.

A lot of MD/VA players want melee tourneys to start up again in our region, and several specifically requested us to host. So that's what we're doing. My laptop is actually going to die so I'll update this later tonight XD.

Setups: Bring setups people! We have no venue fee because we supply our own stuff. Bringing just cubes is good too, we might have extra TVs here. There's already no venue fee, so the incentive to bring **** is to make this not suck.

1. Team UMD- 4 or 5.

Attendants
1. ChRed
2. Voodoo
3. Chivalruse
4. Rebel581
5. Aeroshadow?
6. Tin
7. Winston
8. Wenbo
9. THumbswayup
10. Shinku
11. Skyheart
12. Chinesah
13. Darkness Of Heart
14. Scar
15. Noface
16. Plank
17. G-reg
18. Newb
19. Dj Nintendo
20. Gmoney
21. HBK
22. Betazealot
23. Boss
24.DosV
25. Rei
26. Chudat
27. Chillin
28. Azen
29. trinityWolf
30.ChaosKnight
31.Eggm
32.Jman
33.Alukard

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
host it at your house so i can walk
lol no. My house is neither large enough nor does it have the 4-5 setups we have here. Also my mom would probably disown me XD

Travis price is $10 per person for both singles and doubles as of now, subject to change if the majority want it cheaper or more expensive.

Jove

Smash Journeyman
can you gimme the address and ill see if noface wants to go to this
oh and i vote 5$ for each event like chus place :)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
No, he canceled. I hope he was going to cancel before I posted this, or I'll feel guilty.

DoH you still haven't come up here and played lol, you've inquired about it the last two times but then not come XD. I would say I would team with you, but neither of us has ever played the other. I know you're good, but for all you know I'm balls.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i want to but it with the way my work is going this weekend it wont work out.

i think im just end up @ this as warmup for Spoc

Top Bottom