• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kyuubi combo - The most awesome combo in brawl. Video in the OP, too.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEMMZMWj8j8

First I'll explain something I stumbled upon while messing around in training mode, which made this combo possible:

Falcon's falcon kick is known to have 3 hitboxes. It is known each of them sends the opponent flying in a different trajectory.

Known is:

The first hitbox (the start of the falcon kick): Sends the opponent flying the way falcon is not facing.

The second hitbox (Present in the time between hitbox 1 and 2): Sending the opponent flying up.

The third hitbox (The ending of the falcon kick): Sends the opponent flying in the direction falcon is facing.

Based on these written facts, I tested the falcon kick-->ledge cancel combo's, not thinking twice about the fact there is a fourth hitbox, which is also known, but not spoken about enough for me to have used in in testing the ledge cancel combo's.

Only a few days ago I finally realised this common fact can set up a (maybe the most awesome) falcon kick-->ledge cancel combo.

And it did.

Using this fourth hitbox (Present just after the first hitbox and before the second hitbox. So hitbox # 1.5 might be a more appropriate name while listing it the way I listed it, though the naming it the fourth is easier to follow, so I'll keep listing it as the fourth hitbox.) One can excecute the Kyuubi combo (When one ends it with a sweet knee).

This falcon kick-->ledge cancel combo is probably the most practical one if you know the placing, as the opponents positiong has effect on the distance Falcon's falcon kick travels. and the opponent is in, or just our of jab range, one can, when you and your opponent placed at the right spot on the level, which isnt rare, mix this combo into ones jab game, due to your oponents required positioning.

Still, this combo will most likely never be seen in competitive play.

This brings me to a topic which does not only have to do with the Kyuubi combo:

During the time I was (and am) active on smashboards I have been posting alot of combo's, most of them not practical, but still, new.
I gave this some thought and figured out what I wanted to accomplish all along, baring with the flames and disrespect I rescieved, and may have resceived.

I wanted, and still want, to find every combo falcon is still capable of in brawl. No matter how impractical or ridiculous.
It amuses me to find combo's of the character I main in a game created to have a minimal amount of combo's.
That is my idea of fun in brawl.

Offcourse, pulling off one of my own, sometimes very situational combo's, in a real match, is rewarding, but said 'reward' is not a nescissity for me. My reward is a legit combo, preferably one (only) falcon can do. No matter how situational it is.

All I want is combo's which CAN work in a real match, not nescessarily one that WILL work.

And posting them here is part of the fun for me. Flames or not, I find it amusing.

So, now,
~Does anyone wanna borrow some chakura?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
would've been more awesome if it wasn't naruto themed. :/
comparing naruto and falcon is just weird...

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
*bows*

You sir are a genious. Meh for the name, but YESZ for the combo. I'll actually pull this on and offline. <3 U Knee

Zeallyx

*bows*

You sir are a genious. Meh for the name, but YESZ for the combo. I'll actually pull this on and offline. <3 U Knee
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Nice find looks epic
Thank you, too. I, offcourse, appreciate your post, too.

But Koorikou, how come you are a smash cadet?
Did you buy that pack one can give themselves a costom title with?

Mit

Smash Ace
I don't think it's really a fourth hitbox. I'm pretty sure Falcon Kick doesn't have an actual angle set to its hitboxes (judging from Brawl mod threads), so it's just determined by opponent location and whatnot. This means that hitting with the first hitbox immediately will not produce the exact same angle as hitting with the later part of the first hitbox. I'm thinking that's what you're doing with this combo.

But accordingly, since it has no set angle, if your opponent DIs they should be able to alter the angle at which they are launched, likely messing this combo up.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Too bad you call it the 'Kyuubi' combo.

Because it's kinda cute.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
DI happens when they are hit by the move. <_< Which alters their trajectory. Therefore it may not work.

@Straked
SinZ said you had something to tell me.

EDIT:
Nobody reads the global announcements announcing new custom titles... do they?

Zeallyx

DI happens when they are hit by the move. <_< Which alters their trajectory. Therefore it may not work.

Even with SDI I doubt they will get out of range. As moving down won't save them, and I doubt them moving out of range when going up.

ehh no i just posted a bit >_< more than 30 posts=smash cadet i think xD theres actually a pack like that WTF
I see. Thanks for answering my question.

legion598

Smash Ace
I really dont think DI will make much difference since u can substitute almost any of falcons aerials if u notice the trajectory change. What percents does this work at?

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
this is great..oh wait
falcon has no hit stun...
OHH CRAP...
cmon guys lets stop putting up things that dont work professionally...u know?

ToKneeOrNotToKnee: i admire your enthusiasm.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Kyuubi, you've already got a troll in your comments on YT, lol@haters hatin' because Falcon has the sexiest combos.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Kyuubi, you've already got a troll in your comments on YT, lol@haters hatin' because Falcon has the sexiest combos.
This "combo" is escapable, sacred.

It looks pretty cool in the video though.
You shoulda tested if you could press the R button, or an attack button, or SDI'd before the knee landed, though.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
This "combo" is escapable, sacred.

It looks pretty cool in the video though.
You shoulda tested if you could press the R button, or an attack button, or SDI'd before the knee landed, though.
So what? I doubt you or the next person would expect a full throttle knee to the dome, after a glorious Falcon Kick, and plus this opens up options for other aerials, that may not be escapable, such as Uair or Falcon Dive.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
So what? I doubt you or the next person would expect a full throttle knee to the dome, after a glorious Falcon Kick, and plus this opens up options for other aerials, that may not be escapable, such as Uair or Falcon Dive.
Connecting Falcon kick -> ledge cancel - (move here)

would be pretty slick. though I doubt seeing it work in an actual match.

+ Falcon kick isn't such a good move, remember? lol theres better options as P-3 said before.

I doubt a mid range connected falcon kick could induce that much knockback to set up for that trick. It'd have to be at a high percent to what I know.

And that leaves us with a low range connected falcon kick. wich does nothing cause its punishable 3 ways from sunday.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yes, but you forget, Acedude. You're using Falcon. You're going to lose anyway. Land this, and you'll be the real winner.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Yes, but you forget, Acedude. You're using Falcon. You're going to lose anyway. Land this, and you'll be the real winner.
k
but
You won't neccessarily lose. Play your cards right and hey, you can win! what are the odds of that huh?

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
lol this is the only thing I try to do with Falcon kick. Its probably since I'm a Ganon main, but I [attempt to] FKC->aerial all the time. I've never successfully landed a knee however, though I try and try D':

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Connecting Falcon kick -> ledge cancel - (move here)

would be pretty slick. though I doubt seeing it work in an actual match.

+ Falcon kick isn't such a good move, remember? lol theres better options as P-3 said before.

I doubt a mid range connected falcon kick could induce that much knockback to set up for that trick. It'd have to be at a high percent to what I know.

And that leaves us with a low range connected falcon kick. wich does nothing cause its punishable 3 ways from sunday.
We're not watching the same video, nor do we have the same understanding of Falcon Kick. It's just not possible with that response.

That (pseudo-)combo may be escapable, but LC'd FKs open up options, and are not punishable, if at all. Yes, I know, the range and spacing, but that's what you need to practice on if you believe LC'd FKs are near impossible to perform in actual fights.

Every move in Falcon's arsenal is to be used. If you don't then why are you even trying? Be more optimistic about Falcon's moveset, but be realistic, too. You guys are being real pessemists if you think FK has no use in a real fight.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Every move in Falcon's arsenal is to be used. If you don't then why are you even trying? Be more optimistic about Falcon's moveset, but be realistic, too. You guys are being real pessemists if you think FK has no use in a real fight.
Its truth, and its the same with virtually every character(lol mario dtilt). WKC really opened up a lot of doors for Ganon, and its consistently been a key factor in a lot of my matches. Though more difficult, I'm sure that a FKC development in Falcons arsenal is crucial to him being better, especially with ludicrous **** like this.

Zeallyx

Aight. My testing proved otherwise, so:

Acedude, upload a vid of you DIing to safety so the sweet knee doesnt hit under the same circumstances.

And Actmasterkings, upload a vid of you airdodging the knee under the same circumstances.

Back up your claims guys. Or else they aint worth ****.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
We're not watching the same video, nor do we have the same understanding of Falcon Kick. It's just not possible with that response.

That (pseudo-)combo may be escapable, but LC'd FKs open up options, and are not punishable, if at all. Yes, I know, the range and spacing, but that's what you need to practice on if you believe LC'd FKs are near impossible to perform in actual fights.

Let me clarrify what I said...

I never said Ledge Cancel'd falcon kicks are near impossible to perform in match...I said performing this "combo" looks like it would be.

This "combo" consists of you hitting the opponent with an up close falcon kick at a percent good enough so that you can follow up with a knee after FK gets ledge canceled.

Wich is why I talked about Falcon kick hit ranges.

My Point is what are the odds of the opponent being where you want them to be, at a percent where you can perform it?

( I'm pretty sure you can DI/Airdodge out of it, Knee. >_>; ) I'll do things and get someone to upload.

Zeallyx

Let me clarrify what I said...

I never said Ledge Cancel'd falcon kicks are near impossible to perform in match...I said performing this "combo" looks like it would be.

This "combo" consists of you hitting the opponent with an up close falcon kick at a percent good enough so that you can follow up with a knee after FK gets ledge canceled.

Wich is why I talked about Falcon kick hit ranges.

My Point is what are the odds of the opponent being where you want them to be, at a percent where you can perform it?

( I'm pretty sure you can DI/Airdodge out of it, Knee. >_>; ) I'll do things and get someone to upload.
It seems you only watched the vid, and then immediatly posted.
As you seem not to have read the entire OP, as it lists what you just said, in more detail.

Check it out :bee:

Acedude55

Smash Ace
It seems you only watched the vid, and then immediatly posted.
As you seem not to have read the entire OP, as it lists what you just said, in more detail.

Check it out :bee:
You're right on me not doing that.

For I am an a-hole like that. I shall now read!

(smirk)

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
shippuuden is amazing guys, and that combo is legit, gotta try that some time, what percent do your oppenents have to be at primarily though?

Top Bottom