• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MunkAid 8 - October 24th - Western NC (Melee Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
Results
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253496

So I played this game called super smash brothers melee once. So i figured i would try to host a tournament (i'll update this later with something.. more serious.. i'm just sleepy and i wanted to go ahead and make the thread.)

Melee only

Saturday October 24th

The tourny will be at what is currently Anna Rose Restaurant... my friends and I pretty much own it and are turning it into a coffee shop

213 N Main Street
Rutherfordton, NC 28139

cell # - (828) 447-7738

Doors will open at 11am
11am - doubles registration
12pm - doubles
--f00d break when doubles ends--
Singles will start after that

Door Fee - $5 -if you have a problem with it then complain about it and call it dumb.. that's how we get things done around here =]
Singles - $10
Teams - $10 per person

Melee Rules: (copy pasted from bills thread)

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Just Melee? ****... =(

Oh well - lemme see how far away Rutherfordton is, and I'm sure the other Roytards (ESPECIALLYRTF) are down.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
So happy the master of Munkeyness is back. I'll try to make this, no promises. since I moved to Charleston it's 2 hours further then I'm used to ****** but if can convince some Columbia guys to go I'll probably do it.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
Pretty sure the only reason Mike G would post on the old munkaid thread was because of leesha...

Adams, Waters and Dollar will be there btw...

Sengin

Smash Ace
Holy **** I haven't seen Adams and Waters and Munkey in like 5-6 years now. I will be trying to make this.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Somewhere around 3.5 hours.

DON'T BE A PANSY. DRIVE TO MUNKAID. THIS IS A LEGIT TOURNAMENT AND YOU'RE GAY IF YOU DON'T GO BECAUSE OF LAZINESS JOHNS.

seriously

not just directed at you, Foxy.

Foxy

Smash Master
stingers, i'm going to prove you wrong

after 2 months of missing all the melee tournaments, you can be sure i'm making 200% effort to go to all of them

especially because lame october doesn't have any forever

and no, i'm not going to boone, too **** far

i c wut u did thar

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Boone is 3 hours and 18 minutes from Raleigh.

Rutherfordton(this) is about 3 hours and 54 minutes from Raleigh. Come to this anyway you lazy people.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I've found North/East NC people don't care to drive to South NC. Until the last major tourney in this area, which was my last Melee tourney at Game Crazy if I remember correctly, the farthest out people that would come were Vilt, Behr, and DotPwn from Greensboro. After adving tournies for nearly a year on Smashboards, only one had anyone farther out than Gboro attend.

I've come to the conclusion that the rest of NC either hates Charlotte area, or hates driving. It can't be our Smashers, we're just too chill.

$sD

Smash Ace
if anything you nigz should drive up to have some of the best coffee white hands can make

btw can i have a mini blazblue tournament?

I've found North/East NC people don't care to drive to South NC. Until the last major tourney in this area, which was my last Melee tourney at Game Crazy if I remember correctly, the farthest out people that would come were Vilt, Behr, and DotPwn from Greensboro. After adving tournies for nearly a year on Smashboards, only one had anyone farther out than Gboro attend.

I've come to the conclusion that the rest of NC either hates Charlotte area, or hates driving. It can't be our Smashers, we're just too chill.
but charlotte hasn't had a tourney in so long.

And it actually started out the opposite of this. The Munkaid era, it was us western smashers who didn't travel. And the raleigh/ gboro/ and rocky mt guys came down to munkaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom