• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Restricted Area, Levittown, PA 9/26

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Let me start by saying thanks to everyone who attended for making me and Palpi's first tournament hosting experience a great one. I was paranoid all week about this tournament somehow failing, but everything went great. I know the venue wasn't the greatest (you're all spoiled), but it actually worked out very well. We finished well before I wanted to finish.

Also, I have someone's controller.

Results (apologies in advanced if I list the wrong characters. Going off memory):

Low Tiers:

1. Kai - Sonic ($45.00)
2. DugFinn (Inui) - Ike ($22.50)
3. Zucco - Ness ($7.50)
4. Shadow - Ness/PT
5. ADHD - Jiggly Puff
5. Pride - Yoshi
7. Juice - PT
9. Izumi - Jiggly Puff
9. Chibo - Sonic
9. Palpi - Ike
9. Ryoko - Zelda
13. Ebo - PT
13. AK - Bowser
13. Melo - Ness

Brawl Doubles:

1. ChiBoHD (Chibo + ADHD) - ROB + Diddy ($84.00)
2. DugFinn (Inui) + Shadow - MK + MK/...Wario? ($36.00)
3. Diem + Kai - MK + Diddy ($20.00)
4. Juice + Izumi - Olimar + TL/MK
5. Doom + Zucco - MK + Lucario
5. Pride + Snakeee - MK/Yoshi + ZSS
7. Lookin' Cute, Feelin' Cute (Palpi + Melo) - MK/Snake + Diddy/Fox

Brawl Singles:

1. ADHD - Diddy ($90.00)
2. Shadow - MK ($45.00)
3. Zucco - Lucario/Ness/Falco ($15.00)
4. Snakeee - ZSS/Zelda
5. Kai - Diddy/Sonic
5. Dugfinn (Inui) - MK/Ike
7. Chibo - ROB
7. Xzax - MK/Wolf?
9. AK - DK
9. Juice - Olimar
9. Izumi - MK/TL
9. .com - Olimar
13. Pride - Yoshi
13. Melo - Diddy
13. Palpi - MK
13. Ebo - Marth

Well, let me say... this tournament was ****ing stacked, haha. I guess I'll do some shout outs:

Palpi - YO MAN, I SAW YOU DOIN THAT WAVERUN SUPER TECHNIQUE IN MELEE, ARE YOU SOME KINDA PRO?
Zucco - Man, you were playing really well today. We didn't get our Ness duels!
Kai - Your Simpsons knowledge knows no boundaries.
Inui - Thanks a lot for all your help. You definitely made it a lot easier for me and Palpi, especially on seeding. Me and Palpi will get better at it.
Juice - Great set man, close as hell. I need to play more Olimars, haha.
Izumi - Yo Izumi, I'm happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Ganon challenges are the best Brawl event of all time. OF ALL TIME!
Pride - I don't like Yoshi. That's all
Melo - You can't preform in tournament. You fail.
Magus - Thanks a lot for your help, your setups, and for ****** me in Melee. One day I'll learn to not have stupid Brawl habits when I'm playing Melee.
Ryoko - I don't like Zelda. That's all.
.com - Fun Brawl+ friendlies, man. Seriously, from the time you started to the time you stopped, your Lucas got, like, 50 times better.
Diem - All-Brawl is incredible. I think I owe you $0.25. Brah.
Ebo - It was nice seeing you again, you're a cool guy.
Xzax - Thanks for making the names capitalized, and adding locations. You made this tournament what it was.
Chibo - Congratulations on winning doubles. Thanks for your help.
Doom - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpPgykODj8 Lawl

If I'm forgetting anyone, then I'm ********. Mah bad.

Palpi

Smash Hero
continued shout outs!

Tommy's Tea Pot - For allowing the venue to reak of chinese food the whole time, but feeding us nonetheless!

lulz

Zucco

Smash Master
I just want to get good with him so I can have some sort of backup when I cant do it with Lucario.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Kai: Sonic vs Ike is hopeless when you just decide to not approach. :( Thanks for splitting.

Zucco: Wrecked me in normal singles, got wrecked in doubles and low tier singles. :p

ADHD: Good stuff in teams. We took it easy and paid for it later on.

Chibo: Good stuff beating us in teams when your character has so much trouble against double MK.

dmbrandon: Enter singles, coward!

PRiDE: Thanks for driving. Come train with me!

Shadow: It was fun teaming until we played like crap in grand finals. Try to be a little safer so you don't die so much, lulz.

Snakeee: My Ike will have his revenge! I lost 1-2, and next time it will be me winning 2-1 hopefully! No more platform gayness!

Palpi and Melo: Not bad for your first attempt. Try to hype the event more next time.

Magus: Melee!

Doom: Step it up in doubles, bro!

Juice: Not bad for your first real tournament experience. Keep training with me and Dave.

Izumi: Train hard with me! Stop playing n00bs and focus on fighting me!

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yeah, around 30ish.
I suppose. I was just super paranoid about it being too packed. You can't blame us for playing it safe on our first tournament. If our first tournament was terrible... well, there goes our hosting, haha. So we just wanted to play it safe.

But you are right.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea don't hurt yourselves on the venue, I personally enjoyed it. Believe me, I've been in faaaar worse lol. It was cool as it is, though with even more cleanup (maybe offer to cleanup his basement in exchange for renting his venue for free) will make it ballin. Also remember it's ok to turn a lil profit, you deserve it. Great event. Full shoutoutz later.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yea don't hurt yourselves on the venue, I personally enjoyed it. Believe me, I've been in faaaar worse lol. It was cool as it is, though with even more cleanup (maybe offer to cleanup his basement in exchange for renting his venue for free) will make it ballin. Also remember it's ok to turn a lil profit, you deserve it. Great event. Full shoutoutz later.
Yeah, I actually think it worked out nicely.
The thing is, the store owner told us he would clean it up for the event... and he didn't. So we did what we could. Before we cleaned... well, imagine the other half of the room, but... the whole room.

I honestly doubt they are even going to charge a venue fee, since we did them a huge favor cleaning that place up. They said we would have to pay... but, we'll see.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Oh I just used that as an excuse. I had a lot of hw :p. I get my glasses in like a week

And I need my permit.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
That's my controller :p. But for real if someone doesnt claim it, please give it to me, i need one.... :(

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
You main diddy ophy? The band-wagon left like 2 weeks ago =]
Yea I went full diddy at the last viridian.

oh but i still use mk in dubz, cuz u know lols

btw i would of been at this with allied if i did my oil change on friday :( im doing it on monday

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
No capture cards, no hacks, and no matches under three minutes.

Speaking of which, Palpi, you should have brought your capture card.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea im kinda peeved that i didnt bring my recording setup, il have to next time

i was the main stock tanker in all matches except for against inui and shadows double mk, which adhd more had to stock tank while i had to focus on staying alive however i could and dishing out kill moves, which i landed a ton of.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Well... you lost the install discs, right? That's why. :p
You can download the drivers of the capture card from their website you know.

yea im kinda peeved that i didnt bring my recording setup, il have to next time

i was the main stock tanker in all matches except for against inui and shadows double mk, which adhd more had to stock tank while i had to focus on staying alive however i could and dishing out kill moves, which i landed a ton of.
Aww you should of, especially since you got that netbook that's mad easy to carry around.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Someone record the replay of my Luigi vs Shadows MK on that wii where most of the doubles matches were played :)

Edit: If there's any comp problems at all, have me look at em. It's kind of my job lol. (literally)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Someone record the replay of my Luigi vs Shadows MK on that wii where most of the doubles matches were played :)

Edit: If there's any comp problems at all, have me look at em. It's kind of my job lol. (literally)
That's my Wii, so I'll get Palpi to record them at some point. Maybe tomorrow.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol u dont have to, it was so unserious, but so many unexpected lols. i punished dimensional cape with misfire yeaaaaaa

Top Bottom