• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland 7, September 26th

King~

Smash Champion
hella fun

singles results
1. Blue rogue(wario)
2. Beegs(marth)
3. BBoy(diddy)
4. King beef(Peach)
5. Suyon(Pit)
5. Ithrowthings(Sonic)
7. Argentstew(Lucario)
7.Sole(ZSS)
9.Jiffy(ness)
9.King(Pikachu)
9.Fromundaman(Kirby)
9. Alus(Lucario)
13.Bead(wolf)

Doubles
1: Despreat housewives form cougar town(Beegs and King Beef) ($33.00)
2: Dont bother playing sonic(argentstew and blue rogue) ($18.00)
3: the sh*t is bannas(ITT and Sonic) ($9.00)
4: two guys one barrel(Suyon and Jiffy)
5: Bead payed for me to enter this, i made him cry(Bead and king yoshi)
6: God pies eat out( Sole and Formundaman)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah bro, fun stuff for sure. I talked some mad **** at this one and loved every minute of it. xD

Shoutouts to come.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
3: the sh*t is bannas(ITT and Sonic) ($9.00)
*chuckle*

Great Games guys. I definitely need to practice more. I am way too rusty, and all of you have gotten too much better.

1. Blue rogue(wario): Didn't play you, but Good job on winning singles.
2. Beegs(marth): Yeah Beegs! Wooh! We need more friendlies.
3. BBoy(diddy): Good stuff. Fun games, though I can tell you were sandbagging pretty hard against me. Hopefully next time I'll force you not to.
4. King beef(Peach): Can't believe I forgot you played Marth. Good games. Too bad you had Tap Jump on though... I can't help but feel that's the only reason I managed to get that win.
5. Suyon(Pit): Awww... didn't get to play you at all, but good job in the tourny!
5. Ithrowthings(Sonic): Come on, step it up! Was fun and helpful talking to you like always, and we gotta get some friendlies in at some point. Any chance of there being Smashfests in Akron on Mon/Tues/Wed in the near future?
7. Argentstew(Lucario): Thanks for the ride, and sorry you didn't enjoy this tourny. Hope the next one goes better for you.
7.Sole(ZSS): Good **** Sole! Fun games btw.
9.Jiffy(ness): Awww... no friendlies. Soul Calibur was fun though. Bring SC2 and I'll compete :p
9.King(Pikachu): Fun tournament, and it was fun hanging out with you at the end. Hope to get some friendlies against you next time.
9.Fromundaman(Kirby): (Also played Mario and MK. Granted, only 1-2 games each, but you know, out of 5 that ain't bad. Just sayin') I need to get back into this.
9. Alus(Lucario): Fun friendlies. Sorry you didn't get to friendly many other people... seems like no one else ever wanted to play.
13.Bead(wolf): I just now realized we never friendlied. How did this happen? Also, I bet you didn't get a bye? I think everyone in 9th got 0-2d but had a bye, so consider yourself honorary 9th :p

PrinceAlus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I think I may be getting a bit better...

This or everyone was just rusty, killing my hopes and dreams. I know King Yoshi was definitely just rusty.

1. Blue rogue(wario) Arrrrgh! I'm not getting beat as hard by it, but those chomps, aerial mobility, and Fsmash still give me lots of trouble. Luckily I get to play you often.

2. Beegs(marth) I want to play you. I don't think I have ever played you before.

3. BBoy(diddy) Question... When and where did you go to get so good? Just common practice?

4. King beef(Peach): That...one single MM I had with you I pulled off some great **** and had fun... Then you stopped getting hit and it was over. Too bad you probably gave the $ to ITT afterward.

5. Suyon(Pit) If you are really that good at spamming projectiles I want to play you too.

5. Ithrowthings(Sonic)

7. Argentstew(Lucario) I heard you left... What exactly happened bro?

7.Sole(ZSS) I HAD that game mannnn… I need to know my stages better. Worst SD of all time.

9.Jiffy(ness) NESS! Also… How many times do you have to kill someone after K.Oing them in SC?

9.King(Pikachu) I'm sure you were rusty.

9.Fromundaman(Kirby) Yeah good games… I’d like to moneymatch your Mario with Link.

9. Alus(Lucario) What the hell is wrong with you!?

13.Bead(wolf) Thanks to you I didn’t switch to snake. Thanks.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ok, time for some shoutouts.

1. Blue rogue(wario)- Wouldn't expect anything less. You're one of northeast OH's best.

2. Beegs(marth)- Awesome set we had, tooooooo close! Way to step it up at this one, you were on a roll.

3. BBoy(diddy)- Ness says what's up. :laugh:

4. King beef(Peach)- Not bad not bad, almost cracked top 3.

5. Suyon(Pit)- Beat Beegs at his own game, oh snap even I couldn't pull that off! lol

5. Ithrowthings(Sonic)- I love your Sonic but at the same time I hate playing it.

7. Argentstew(Lucario)- Don't walk into a tournament with the mindset that you had yesterday, and you
know what I mean. Be realistic, the players around here are improving at a good rate, and if you always think
"oh I'll just skid right past so and so"...you'll keep getting surprised just like you did. It's unfortunate that you ended
up rage quitting your set, but hopefully that serves as a reality check for you. Don't be cocky.

7.Sole(ZSS)- Good seeing you again man. Sorry we made it so that you couldn't concentrate in that doubles set by
making you laugh so much. I guess it's better than losing while being pissed off though. :laugh:

9.Jiffy(ness)- Five guys! Good seeing you again.

9.King(Pikachu)- We actually spoke more than five words to each other at this thing, about time lol. Although, I was
actually feeling socially active at this one which is how I always felt during the Melee events back in the day. Cool
conversation with you, ITT, and butt****(BUFU) at the end too; even though I started freezing my balls off lol. I'll
travel more in the near future for sure. Gotta rep this Peach the best I can.

9.Fromundaman(Kirby)- Yeah I accidentally left tap jump off on my tag on that setup, which means you know what
for Marth. But no johns from me, I dealt with it haha. BUFU will always mean butt**** from now on, it's too hilarious.

9. Alus(Lucario)- Thanks for showing up, and fun mm set too.

13.Bead(wolf)- Yeah...Peach is a tough one for Wolf to deal with. As you saw, she can gimp his recovery hard, and punish his side B with a well placed sweetspot u-smash. Good use of his bairs though. Keep at it. :)

So yeah, I'm thinking of going back to using my old main from the beginning of Brawl/Melee days: Ness. Just not against the Marth matchup though lol. I bet it's just as good as Smash64's Ness, maybe even better. Oh snap! :laugh:

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Shoutouts:

1. Blue rogue(wario) - I wanna see you go real serious against me in a match eventually. Nice job winning like always.
2. Beegs(marth) - Nice job beating.... just about everyone at this tourney. You had an extremely difficult bracket and did really well. I let that last win go to my head and underestimated you a tad. Won't let that happen again.
3. BBoy(diddy) - Nice job in singles. We'll do better in doubles next time. At least we made our money back
4. King beef(Peach) - Go to more tournies that are far away. Nice talkin with you for like 3 hours after the tourney. You seriously have to watch me play and tell me if you see anything I could've easily avoided.
5. Suyon(Pit) - Nice job being one of the only people to beat beegs this tourney, and in dittos nonetheless. Interested to see if you're gonna stick with pit or choose another main.
7. Argentstew(Lucario) - Dude, I heard you quit the set after you lost the first game. You probably could've come back against him. Don't be so hard on yourself.
7.Sole(ZSS) - You've definitely gotten better. Whether it was the character change or something else, you've definitely gotten better. I think you're ready to become a super saiyan.
9.Jiffy(ness) - You **** in soul calibur
9.King(Pikachu) - You **** (dogs) j/k. I probably can't make it to the apartment one on saturday or the god kais brawl bootcamp. *sigh* Season's beatings is on the 17th right?
9.Fromundaman(Kirby) - Nice talkin with you as always. I'll be sure to give you a call if anything comes up smash related at akron.
9. Alus(Lucario) - I didn't call you alice this time around. (Okay, like maybe once or twice but for the most part I didn't)
13.Bead(wolf) - Haven't played you in a while, we gotta fix that sometime.

Suyon

Smash Lord
1. Blue rogue(wario)- Gooo car ride buddy!

2. Beegs(marth)- Wake up! You did better once again. No more slacking off.

3. BBoy(diddy)-PS1 GAAAAAAAAY. That was just pathetic. And I want that burger. I will get you....soon. Stop discouraging me lol

4. King beef(Peach)-Aaaaah close game. You still gotta worry about Jiffy's Ness.

5. Suyon(Pit)-Man stopped getting gayed.

5. Ithrowthings(Sonic)-Well i am searching for one. And aib dubz? And what a comeback on for you on me in doubles. Though I wish that didn't happen lol.

7. Argentstew(Lucario)-Chill outs man.

7.Sole(ZSS)-Maybe you should just do some stage analyzing, because that helped your game tremendously. I'm a villain wtf?

9.Jiffy(ness)-More matchups experience. We need to get you top tier. Thanks for the rides as usual.

9.King(Pikachu)-Nice friendlies mate. Wish I had that 6 though :p

9.Fromundaman(Kirby)-I would have friendly if it weren't for KB using my controller for his melee lol.

9. Alus(Lucario)-In MMs or Friendlies?

13.Bead(wolf)-Thanks for the drinks man. And melee is really fun.

Blue Rogue - Great games. I would like to fight ya again soon.

Beegs - Whaaatttt son

BBoy - Man, don't DI into me so I Ken Combo you. Don exist in Brawl.

King Beef - Greattttt matches. That was very epic at the end. I won't lie.

Suyon - Yeeppp you are right good sir. I won't intill I fight ya again. lol.

ITT - I'm surprised you underestimated me. Eh it's ok just don't do it again mangz.

Sole - Great to see ya. You are improving. Just wait man.

Jiffy - Ness is the best.

King - I hope next time you try man.

Bufu - Myyyy bad for not doing enough friendlies. I will. I swear.

Alus - Yep, I have never fought you. We will change that soon.

Bead - Thanks for the drinks man. Want to see you around soon also.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Don't walk into a tournament with the mindset that you had yesterday, and you
know what I mean. Be realistic, the players around here are improving at a good rate, and if you always think
"oh I'll just skid right past so and so"...you'll keep getting surprised just like you did. It's unfortunate that you ended
up rage quitting your set, but hopefully that serves as a reality check for you. Don't be cocky.
I wish I had that kind of mindset... Most of the time I'm being cocky, it's in fun... I definitely didn't breeze through the last Step Yo Game Up... I know Bboy and Beegs can beat me, and I psyched myself into thinking I was going to lose against them... When I'm confident I'm going to win, I win...

As for my "rage quitting", I was tired of my epic failure after getting spiked twice on Distant Planet (you know how I was trying to prove that stage sucks)... I didn't feel like playing anymore after that game...and then I got spiked again... I knew I wasn't going to win at that point, so I ended my suffering early and went home and worked on my school stuff...

Leave me alone, KB... :(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I didn't mean to offend you or anything; I'm just saying to keep your expectations optimistic, but also realistic. If anything let it be for the sake of minimizing the chances of you being totally surprised and mentally unprepared if someone were to step it up tremendously in a set. :)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, dude... I'm under a lot of stress at school this semester... :/

But I think my goal of 2nd or 3rd was realistic... These tourneys are extremely chalky, and this one was really no different aside from me sucking... I was playing like a total noob half the day... I kept falling into tips, spikes, and kill moves that I'm usually careful about and watch for...

But what can I do? School is making it very difficult for me to find any practice time to fix this, and my wifi lagging like crazy 90% of the time isn't helping either...

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, dude... I'm under a lot of stress at school this semester... :/

But I think my goal of 2nd or 3rd was realistic... These tourneys are extremely chalky, and this one was really no different aside from me sucking... I was playing like a total noob half the day... I kept falling into tips, spikes, and kill moves that I'm usually careful about and watch for...

But what can I do? School is making it very difficult for me to find any practice time to fix this, and my wifi lagging like crazy 90% of the time isn't helping either...
LULZ! whats this "practice" that you guys speak of.. its confusing me, can some1 explain?

1. Blue rogue(wario) - Our set was too goofy aha.. our normal match was fun, you're too good aha!

2. Beegs(marth) - Fun stuff dude, I was happy how I did, we never friendlied

3. BBoy(diddy) - Yeah Buddy!

4. King beef(Peach) - Diddy says hi! lol, good stuff yo. fun mm

5. Suyon(Pit) - PS1 was gay!! ggs otherwise

5. Ithrowthings(Sonic) - Fun matches in doubles and great friendlies!!!

7. Argentstew(Lucario) - GGs keep your head up..

7.Sole(ZSS) - Nice placing!

9.Jiffy(ness) - good seeing you

9.King(Pikachu) - thanks for running these tournies.. always fun

9.Fromundaman(Kirby) - You seemed really rusty! gotta shake that off

9. Alus(Lucario) - Umm idk really aha...

13.Bead(wolf) - good seein ya

clowsui

Smash Legend
peach v diddy is hopeless for diddy if peach knows what she's doing....HOPELESS

in any case good stuff beegs, i'll watch your vids v. blue rogue and give you some tips (MARTH PUN) on why you lost or something? i'm good at video analysis lol, it's the only way i'm any good at this game w/out any sort of practice whatsoever

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*sigh* Looks like this'll have been my last tourny in quite a while...

...again...

Bead

Smash Ace
1. Blue rogue(wario) - Wa You a *****
2. Beegs(marth) - Wa You also a ***** =p
3. BBoy(diddy) - Wa nother *****
4. King beef(Peach) - Wa you play a *****
5. Suyon(Pit) - Wa That Pink hair chick from Naruto is a *****
5. Ithrowthings(Sonic) - Wa you suck with da *****es
7. Argentstew(Lucario) - Wa your partner is a *****
7.Sole(ZSS) - Wa you play a blond *****
9.Jiffy(ness) - Wa you play a big headed *****
9.King(Pikachu) - Kefka
9.Fromundaman(Kirby) - According to ITT your ***** is hot
9. Alus(Lucario) - Wa i know how to play ur *****
13.Bead(wolf) - Isn't a *****

Bead

Smash Ace
ok fur reelz dis time

1. Blue rogue(wario) - Yay fun melee! Prob one of the only smash i could beat you at XD even though i complete noob in it
2. Beegs(marth) - Xmas you going down and ill get my buck back
3. BBoy(diddy) - didnt really play or talk to you cuz you stink up the place with ur monkey
4. King beef(Peach) - we didnt get to play any friendlies which made me kinda sad but im sure ill see you around and we can play some. The games that we did play were fun and i really wish there were more. I didnt know what to do at PS1 so i tried to camp but that didnt work i guess XD gotta look into the peach matchup
5. Suyon(Pit) - Go team melee!!! I'm gonna assume that you dyed ur hair red with the blood of ur victims
5. Ithrowthings(Sonic) - show up at Argents sometime and we can actually play sometime. I've improved a decent amount since the last time we actually played. I think i could take you =D
7. Argentstew(Lucario) - dont really know what to say. see you thursday
7.Sole(ZSS) - first ZSS I've played. You definitly getting better but ur over be is predictable and some of ur fancy moves
9.Jiffy(ness) - Seung Mina Wins
9.King(Pikachu) - Kefka
9.Fromundaman(Kirby) - no friendlies makes me sad =(
9. Alus(Lucario) - i destroy snakes XD ok i wouldnt say destroy but i can play them fairly well. i underestimated ur lucario though =)
13.Bead(wolf) - Pro getting last place XD

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
1. Blue rogue(wario) - Good stuff man. Rep Canton son!!!!
2. Beegs(marth) - nice matches in doubles. That tipper was crazy in the 3rd game.
3. BBoy(diddy) - Nice job, BBoy. kill 3rd match off the top with MK. You killed me at 78%. That was a real difference maker.
4. King beef(Peach) - KB, man. You had Beegs in your match. I watched it on youtube. Crazy close. Good stuff in doubles
5. Suyon(Pit) - Nice playing with you in doubles. We need to communicate more and next time I think we can finish money. Good stuff on 5th place as well. Top 4 now?
5. Ithrowthings(Sonic) - shame I had to SD the second game, idk how I bounced off that wall like that. I think I had a fair shot. Maybe next time. Crazy comeback on Suyon 2nd match in doubles too.
7. Argentstew(Lucario) - The 2nd match of doubles was too good. Good stuff on Lylat too.
7.Sole(ZSS) - good stuff on recording. Hope to see you around. Your matches are always so tense when I watch them. Idk why.
9.Jiffy(ness) - You need to learn a few things. Like...... NOT BEING FLASHY AND EXCITED when you first hook up the Dreamcast. Spoiled the side tourney. Good job. :ohwell: And in Brawl, you are better than this.
9.King(Pikachu) - good stuff in doubles. Good job hosting.
9.Fromundaman(Kirby) - we did play friendlies. I think they were the first ones you played. You beat my ***.
9. Alus(Lucario) - never really got to play. btw, I kinda make a game outta killing people multiple times after its over on Soul Calibur. I'll slash and whatnot until its about to goto replay then I'll grab them. The grab animation has to finish before it goes to replay in the first one.
13.Bead(wolf) - good stuff in doubles, you almost came back with Marth on FD our singles match. And Wolf's recovery is hard.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ahhhh fromundaman! I want to see ya more!

Thanks for the comment clowsui. I'll see what you got to say man.
Yeah, sorry, but I just got hit with a financial *****slap.

9.Fromundaman(Kirby) - According to ITT your ***** is hot
What is it with everyone getting on my GF today? :laugh:

Also, I know, sorry we didn't friendly. I could never seem to catch you at the right time. Ah well, maybe at one of the weeklies, if I can ever make it up there...

Jiffy, now that you mention it, I think we did, though I can't remember the matches at all XD

Top Bottom