• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's monthlies 5 Tournament Results

aish

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Monthlies 5
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Yayy our highest attendance so far 8D

Original Thread found here.

Doubles Bracket <-click to view

1: Main Bootroom (Superboom + KillL0ck) ($144.00)
2: NAIT stole my money (Alphicans + Frio) ($72.00)
3: Team Burgr (Wilco + Fiji) ($24.00)
4: Holy Bread (Brad + Shawn)
5: Octopus Balls (Solaris + Vitality)
5: Rick Roll'd (Diminished + Arsenal)
7: PKT2 (Colin + t-block)
7: The Odd Job Company (Logan + Zack)
9: 2 and 0 (Shiro + Chris)
9: 2nd Main Lobby (Chaos + Ryhme)
9: <3 Luke (Victra + aish)
9: fFTWw (Comet + Yoshara)
13: Default (Bubblez + Lackey)

Singles Bracket
<-Click to view

1: Superboom(snake) ($168.00)
2: Alphicans(falco/g&w) ($84.00)
3: T-block(pt) ($28.00)
4: KillL0ck(marth)
5: Fiji(mk)
5: Bread~(mk)
7: Lemonlau(mk)
7: Frio(pikachu)
9: Arsenal(zelda)
9: Logan(wario)
9: Fraser(ROB)
9: Colin(ness)
13: Wilco(kirby)
13: Red Comet(lucario)
13: Conut(jigglypuff)
13: Blade
17: Oden
17: Mark
17: Holy Mist(olimar)
17: Chaos(pikachu)
17: Rhymes with Lime(snake)
17: Solaris(samus)
17: Yoshara(wolf)
17: Diminisht
25: Chris
25: Shiro(diddy)
25: Jason
25: Bupyee

Videos will be posted here
<-Click to view

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
lol jamie and mike hensel(ryme and chaos) placed better than people who played brackets. how embarrassing XD Also is that even possible??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

aish

Smash Journeyman
Ooops little mistake in the doubles bracket 8D fixed it

Sorry mike your video got over saved while i was renaming the files =[ i must've accidently typoed a number that i used before and it asked me would i like to save over and i just quickly pressed enter all the way. since the recording doesn't make a new folder each time i have to rename all the video files first and then start recording again or else it'll just record over all the previous video =[
Cause i can't find the video =[

Yeyy i found it mike no worries D8!!!

Limeee

Smash Champion
1: Main Bootroom (Superboom + KillL0ck) ($144.00) lawl we stole your name
2: NAIT stole my money (Alphicans + Frio) ($72.00) they also stole our time trying to find this friggin place
3: Team Burgr (Wilco + Fiji) ($24.00) awesome name
4: Holy Bread (Brad + Shawn)
5: Octopus Balls (Solaris + Vitality) wtf...............
5: Rick Roll'd (Diminished + Arsenal)
7: PKT2 (Colin + t-block)
7: The Odd Job Company (Logan + Zack)
9: 2 and 0 (Shiro + Chris)
9: 2nd Main Lobby (Chaos + Ryhme)
9: <3 Luke (Victra + aish)
9: fFTWw (Comet + Yoshara)
13: Default (Bubblez + Lackey)

Singles Bracket
<-Click to view

1: Superboom ($168.00) as always, you ****. thanks for the fail teachings lol
2: Alphicans ($84.00) nice!!!
3: T-block ($28.00) wtf placing above kill lock, gg
4: KillL0ck poor kill lock not winning any money QQ
5: Fiji
5: Bread~
7: Lemonlau
7: Frio
9: Arsenal
9: Logan
9: Fraser
9: Colin
13: Wilco
13: Red Comet
13: Conut
13: Blade
17: Oden
17: Mark
17: Holy Mist
17: Chaos lawlllllz
17: Rhymes with Lime **** you were good!
17: Solaris
17: Yoshara
17: Diminisht
25: Chris
25: Shiro shiro is gay
25: Jason
25: Bupyee

i've just decided i'm too impatient to do the rest lol sorry guys

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Tournament was silly.

The recording was silly.

Me playing brawl is silly.

Brawl is dumb.

Dan making an extra $1 by paying half my singles fee is silly.

edit: I was happier when our teamname was Snake's win theme

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Time to change my game completely. I thought my falco vs snake was way better then that. Dan really learned that match-up :\.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
loooool, no johns, you almost had to quit brawl forever, you wern't about to beat Dan.

edit: Not with a character that isn't MK at least.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
How was I johning? I was complementing Dan, and publicly saying how I need to change how I play.
Yeah, no johns.

But on a serious note, start playing like you did against me. It felt kinda like melee, I had fun.

I honestly completely forgot you said you'd quit brawl forever if you lost to me during that set. I probably would've wasted more time finding a counterpick instead of choosing brinstar.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Pch fineee, but i did up to 13! by head hah!

man we had 3 mk's in a row there! xD

Hey xyro do i need to do it for teams too? D8 -doesn't remember like half-

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
plz put chars next to top 8 or the results wont count
Not like we care what you think <3

Not to mention, it doesn't really matter considering someone who doesn't play brawl at all got 5th in singles and 4th in teams.

1: Main Bootroom (Superboom + KillL0ck)(Snake + Marth/Snake)
2: NAIT stole my money (Alphicans + Frio) (G&W + Pika)
3: Team Burgr (Wilco + Fiji) (Kirby + MK)
4: Holy Bread (Brad + Shawn) (MK + Olimar)

2: Alphicans(falco/g&w/MK) ($84.00)

Dun Dun Danah-nah Dun Dun Dun!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Not like we care what you think <3

Not to mention, it doesn't really matter considering someone who doesn't play brawl at all got 5th in singles and 4th in teams.
You also had a relatively easy bracket. =3 No offense to you (not that you'd care either way X]) or anybody you beat, but Luke and Jack met in round two, and you didn't face any of the established good players until winner's semis. =P

:005:

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'll say it here and now. No offense to anyone I faced.

I didn't face anybody who I shouldn't have beat, realisticly I didn't have any problem with my opponents unless I lost. Which basically means Mike and Luke.

Personally, I think I could've done a lot better against Mike, but considering my experience, I thought I did well enough, that kid is **** good.

And Luke, well, you all saw I did better against him than anyone (except Dan) so that speaks for itself.

I did have an easy bracket, and yeah, if I had something like Luke's, I'd probably have done worse.

But I think the spot I placed in, is actually fair. You didn't get to see me play, but if you saw me play (especially in doubles <3 right guys?) I wasn't exactly fluking every round. I beat Luke on a neutral, and just about had him on his counterpick. (I made a bad CP and got ***** after)

I only say this cause you wern't there. You're right I don't care.

Although it would be funny for a non-brawl player (me or sid really) to be so high as top 5 on your PR (and yeah I do believe me or sid deserve it)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I wasn't discrediting you or anything, and yes, I know I don't really get to say much because I wasn't there. I just thought it was silly that you were saying the tourney mostly didn't matter because you pulled off fifth place with an easy bracket. =P I have no trouble believing that you and Sid are among the better players here due to your Melee experience, and how much easier it is to pick up Brawl with that kind of background; I did play Sid at SK4. To be honest though, I think top 5 on the Brawl PR is reeeally pushing it. I used to be 5th (technically, I still am >.<), and I had little trouble beating Sid in bracket at SK4. I can't see you being ranked higher than, say, Frio or Colin; sure, you placed higher than them here, but they were up against players like Dan and Luke a lot earlier than you. And if SK gets ranked, you definitely won't be getting top 5 at this point. =P

(How did I end up typing that much? o.0)

tl;dr - I don't actually know how good you are, but a lot of good players got owned by the bracket. You didn't. This one tourney didn't appear to be a very good indicator of skill, at least based off the bracket and placings alone.

D***, even my tl;drs are lengthy.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I wasn't discrediting you or anything, and yes, I know I don't really get to say much because I wasn't there. I just thought it was silly that you were saying the tourney mostly didn't matter because you pulled off fifth place with an easy bracket. =P I have no trouble believing that you and Sid are among the better players here due to your Melee experience, and how much easier it is to pick up Brawl with that kind of background; I did play Sid at SK4. To be honest though, I think top 5 on the Brawl PR is reeeally pushing it. I used to be 5th (technically, I still am >.<), and I had little trouble beating Sid in bracket at SK4. I can't see you being ranked higher than, say, Frio or Colin; sure, you placed higher than them here, but they were up against players like Dan and Luke a lot earlier than you. And if SK gets ranked, you definitely won't be getting top 5 at this point. =P

(How did I end up typing that much? o.0)

tl;dr - I don't actually know how good you are, but a lot of good players got owned by the bracket. You didn't. This one tourney didn't appear to be a very good indicator of skill, at least based off the bracket and placings alone.

D***, even my tl;drs are lengthy.

hahaha Jake you're awesome xD

T-block

B2B TST
Guys brad's pretty good... give him his credit. It's true the bracket wasn't made very well though. After jack and luke faced in the first match it was just me and jack in the top 8 or whatever. We should manually make brackets from now on.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Bracket's can NEVER be PERFECT, including since you all played eachother so much from these monthlies there'll always be complaints like oh i'm facing dan i'm going to lose! or aw i got jack or luke i'm going to lose! and they're done mostly from your pool results! and brad placed 1st in his pool so an easier bracket is expected.
If you REALLY want it to be more fair the last 2 or 3 of each pool can be kicked out then

T-block

B2B TST
They can definitely be better. Sk4 had a perfect bracket IMO, when jake designed it. I don't think tio takes into account second round, and since we often have so many byes that's how we get someone first in their pool playing someone second in their pool first thing.

If anyone complains about facing dan first round we look at how they did in pools. If they sucked, then we've never changed it for them =\. If they got second out of 6, and end up facing dan first round, like what happened to my brother at apoc, then somethings wrong

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Problems also arise when the pools themselves are unbalanced. I still think they should be organized based on the power ranking; i.e. if there are 4 pools, Dan, Luke, Jack, and Mark are each in a different pool, and then the next 4 are sorted in a similar way. After that, people can be dropped into pools based on estimated skill.

TiO obviously can't be relied on. If it says it's seeding based on pool results and you see some obvious flaws, they should be fixed. It seems the byes tend to mess things up, like Mike said, and if you take this bracket as an example, the top quarter and the bottom quarter were really quite stacked. I don't know exactly how pools went down, so I can't say for sure, but it really doesn't look right to me. If it turns out this is seeded accurately based on pools, that's where my previous point comes in. V.V

aish

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess they can be better if we do it by hand every single time but I don't plan on doing it by hand EVERYTIME. but imo there'll always be someone that won't like it.
if someone wants to make bracket by hand then i'll let you do it

and no jake it wasn't made from the pool results because you need either 2,4,8 etc amount of pools and we had 5 pools so brad did it manually. If we spent more time working on it that day we'd probably be more over the booked time than we were already

Top Bottom