• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Night Invite Only Poker Party Beerfest Brawl Bash!!11 - 10/10/09 Kenner, LA

Hyro

Smash Lord
All Night Invite Only Poker Party Beerfest Brawl Bash

Schedule Update:

Okay guys, schedule for Saturday is starting to look like this:

We start with Brawl Singles. 12:00 signups and friendlies, 1:00 we begin

Brawl Low Tiers/Brawl Randoms/Brawl +/Brawl Secondaries starts after singles. We'll take a vote on what people want to do out of these 4 events.

After Lee and Katie show up, we'll start Brawl Doubles.

Finally, we'll have our Texas Hold Em tournament. This **** is gonna be toooo fun. I haven't played Hold em in soooo long and I can't wait to see how people are. Hopefully we'll play make another pot after the first game in case people want to play again.

Drinking will start at noon when people show up to whenever. Try not to get WASTED wasted, that's no fun. If we DO have beer pong, we'll have a setup going on the whole time. The thing is, I don't have that big of a table, and even then, I'm using it for TV's and later in the day for Poker. 60 inch bigass tv can be on the whole time, you guys can watch whatever (football game?)

For people coming, for the first half of the day, I mainly want this to be about smash. Around the time when Poker gets started, you guys can use the TV's for whatever you want. Games, movies, etc.

I don't think theres no neighbors below us...but just in case, don't get TOO rowdy. So like...only rules would be:

Don't stomp (just in case)
Don't puke
Don't go in my bed
Parents room is off limits (this MIGHT change if we reeeally need more space.)

What:

A tourney that doesn't end. We'll play until everyone is all brawled out Everyone who comes can house here, sleep wherever you want (other than my bed). The thing is, it's in my apartment...it's not the biggest apartment. So space is severely limited and I'm only inviting a certain number of people (who play brawl) and I'm expecting some people not to come. Venue fees are Drinks* and it's optional.

Other Info:

We need setups and we need Drinks*. No smoking in the apartment. Never had a problem with the neighbors but just to be safe, try not to stomp. We have this thing called an iGroove so if you have an iPod, you can bring it and we can play your music on it's speaker. "You should prolly bring sleeping bags and pillows" -(the cyph).

Events:

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Low Tier Singles
Brawl Randoms
Brawl +
Beer Pong (hopefully)
Texas Hold Em

Hopefully we can have a $5 buy in Texas Hold Em tourney. I have chips and cards (we might need more chips) and I love poker so it'd be fun.

We're going to be having events until everyone is all brawled out or passed out. We'll take votes to decide which events to hold next. Hopefully we can get a beer pong setup in and we can have that going during matches.

All side events will be $5 but Brawl Singles will most likely be $10. Make sure you bring money! No broke people!

Date & Time:

October 10th
Show up at 12:00 pm, we start at 1:00 pm

Venue:

My Apartment
3550 Grandlake Blvd. Apt. #A306,
Kenner, LA 70065
Phone: (504) 444-5133

General Rules:

-3 stock; 8:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-No items
-Best 2/3; All finals 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Suicide Rule: For Ganon and Bowser, it will always count as a win. For everyone else, a definite win or loss means a win or loss. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-Team Color Rule: If a team has Lucario or Sonic on it, they get to be blue.
-Team ports will be 1221. Play R-P-S or flip a coin to decide if there is a disagreement.
-R-P-S for port priority.

Stage List:

Starter

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick

Lylat Cruise
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Invites:

Remember though, you can only come IF YOU JOIN THE BRAWL TOURNEY(S). If you aren't going to, you really can't come because space is very limited. I'm inviting people I know very well that BRAWL.

New Orleans Area: MuraRengan, Ever_Power, John Wu, Ricky, Avery, Chaddly, Jackets

Baton Rouge Area: Setsuma, Kalzar, Kyle

Houma Area: Bre, Mark

Any other OoS players wanna come, pm me and if we have room I'll let you know.

It's gonna be first come first serve so um...RSVP huh. If you can't come lemme know so I can take you off the list.

Confirmed

Lee
Cyphus
RickyB
Roni
Jio
Jnig
Ran Iji
Sudai
EET
Iceman
Meta_Sonic64
Arcadia
Katie
Battousai
Fahey
Vaughn

Setups:

Me - TV/Wii (component cables only)
Jio - TV/Wii/Drinks*
RickyB - Drinks*
Sudai - Wii
Ran - TV/Wii
Arc - Wii

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeayuhz. this is gonna be awesome. first rule when you enter should be respect the apartment and try not to break anything or be too loud for the neighbors when its past midnight.
people should bring a pillow + blanket.
also, i CALL DIBBZ ON YOUR OTHER BUNKBED. =D

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Well then....DIBBZ ON YOUR MOM'S BED! (srsly) But if you won't let that be available, i got the couch. And I'll make sure no one passes out on it.

BEAH isn't on the OoS list? For shame. You scared he gonna take yo money.

Haha, beerfest with "drinks"

I'm not sure I'll be going all the way to New Iberia on the 9th, then come all the way back to N.O. on the 10th. If whoever's going to Curlz's thing from BR or NO that could give me a ride on their way, maybe I'll go to both. But I'm DEFINITELY coming to this one.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
Hyro! Call me when u can please!

I have my best friends wedding shower at 2 pm on this day and it would be rly bad if I missed it :( idk wat to do :'(

Sudai

Stuff here
Nope. We're all getting there at midnight. Friendlies and drinking for 13 hours. Wanna make sure we're all liquored up for the tourney.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm probably not gonna go to this, that is unless I can come and hang without having to enter the tourneys. Even then I'm probably still not going to come.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Well then....DIBBZ ON YOUR MOM'S BED! (srsly) But if you won't let that be available, i got the couch. And I'll make sure no one passes out on it.

BEAH isn't on the OoS list? For shame. You scared he gonna take yo money.

Haha, beerfest with "drinks"
You serious? hell no parents room is off limits the whole time lol (unless we desperately need another spot for a setup)

Anybody oos can come if they feel like it, just have to call my cell, numbers up there ^^^

and yeah drinks* cuz my thread got modded ;(

Hyro! Call me when u can please!

I have my best friends wedding shower at 2 pm on this day and it would be rly bad if I missed it :( idk wat to do :'(
**** Katie said she'll be in town for this but she had a wedding this day too wth lol I'll call you soon.

I vote Falco dittos as an event, but that's just me. RickyB bring my TV plz if u still have it.
For real those matches were the ****.

Is that a typo? It might cause confusion.
Just helping.
Yeah I fixed it.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Who's goin from BR? I might have to make an appearance if someone's driving. Or, if someone pitches in a little for gas, I might drive. It all depends on who's got the balls to ride with the Icemann. In fact, unless there are some sort of circumstances that are unforeseen, I'm goin to this. I love me some ****in Hyro.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Nope. We're all getting there at midnight. Friendlies and drinking for 13 hours. Wanna make sure we're all liquored up for the tourney.
In case I can go, is it possible that I can carpool with you guys? Just give me the info on where to go, what to bring, and etc. Or.........I could ride with the iceman ;)

Sudai

Stuff here
Sure thing. Hyro, I'm gonna go ahead and confirm me coming to this. Meta, Vaughn and Eric will always have priority in my car, but I don't know if Eric or Vaughn are gonna come and then I know IceyMango wants to come too and yeah. You can probably ride with me, but I'll let you know later.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Aight, thanks man. Also, Hyro another queshion, but is it possible for someone to bring energy drinks too? Sorry but I don't drink beer or alcohol, energy drinks pretty much fill up that vacancy xD

Hyro

Smash Lord
Aight, thanks man. Also, Hyro another queshion, but is it possible for someone to bring energy drinks too? Sorry but I don't drink beer or alcohol, energy drinks pretty much fill up that vacancy xD
You like red bull?

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Lmao hyro, i just remembered i'll be at the wedding with katie. it's in new orleans though, so i'll be at your place after.:) Just hold off teams and singles plzzz. :) You can probably add katie also to the list.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
No, **** you Sudai, Meta is riding with the muh****in Icemann. You get your own friends.
Meta, I don't know you, but if you ride with Subai, I'll kick your *** when we get to Hyro's. So **** you in advance. Oh, and I'm awesome

'V'

Smash Lord
Sure thing. Hyro, I'm gonna go ahead and confirm me coming to this. Meta, Vaughn and Eric will always have priority in my car, but I don't know if Eric or Vaughn are gonna come and then I know IceyMango wants to come too and yeah. You can probably ride with me, but I'll let you know later.
Probably not gonna go, Sudai. Just a heads up there.

Sudai

Stuff here
The only energy drink I like is the Sonic Full Throttle Slush thing that they never do anymore. :[

Katie, what if there were red bull in my poop?

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
well it depends really.

would I know it was in there before I ate it?

or would I not know, take a bite and then find out while your red bull poop was all up in my mouth?

hmmm...

Sudai

Stuff here
Well, I probably wouldn't know there was Red Bull in my poop either since I hate red bull and someone would have to put it in the poop after I poop it for it to be there.. This question seems too complex..

Hyro

Smash Lord
Lmao hyro, i just remembered i'll be at the wedding with katie. it's in new orleans though, so i'll be at your place after.:) Just hold off teams and singles plzzz. :) You can probably add katie also to the list.
Wait whaaaat. **** dude katie told me she'd be coming after 8...that means I'd have to wait 7 hours to start everything?? I can't really do that...why are you going anyways 0_o

hey i wanna come to this, dunno if i can yet though. I'll see what happens
you better

well it depends really.

would I know it was in there before I ate it?

or would I not know, take a bite and then find out while your red bull poop was all up in my mouth?

hmmm...

what has lee done to you.

Well anyways, yeah hopefully someone will bring energy drinks. Who knows.

I gotta figure out how were gonna do parking...

and loldrinkpong

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
what kind of sick *** hole would put that nasty **** in your poop. i suppose i would find out who did it and beat them up.

hyro, idk when the wedding would be over lol. I never told you a time, but it would prob be late lol

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
hyro i was saying just start the other events then do single and teams last or something. but you can do it however you want lolz. dont wait too long tho

Hyro

Smash Lord
Oh you're right why'd I think you said 8?? gimme like an estimate when you think you guys would make it here. The thing is, I don't want everyone wasting their money on other events then not have enough money for the main events ya know?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
That's Lee's plan. If he makes you run singles after everyone has been drinkin all day, that's an instawin. **** you, Lee.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hypebump

Added likely schedule to first post

Umm...SETUPS plz

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hey, if the BR gets done with the stage list before the 10th, u gonna change it for this tourney?

Change throw **** to sucks ****. It's fits you better.

Btw, Ice, since when do people not get drunk at weddings? lol

EDITITITIT: WAAAAAAAIT a minute! Is Lee gonna be there for singles? If not, aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sheet.

Sudai

Stuff here
Hyro, I'm bringing my Wii I guess.

Anyone from BR need a ride? Got me and Eric right now. Pretty sure Vaughn doesn't want to come, but if he does, he kicks out the last person to join cause I (-infinity, 3) Vaughn.

I'm taking first in singles, B+ singles, and texas hold em. I don't know if I have a team mate for Brawl? If not, I'll just win with a lvl 9 ganon. That dude is BA.

Hyro

Smash Lord
No, lee and kates get back from the wedding at 8-10 pm so we're waiting for them to do doubles and poker.

Brawl + isn't for sure we gonna vote. But even if we don't do it after singles, we might do it later in the day.

JNig and Arc, you guys got setups for me??

EdIT: I gotta feeling sudai's gonna **** poker...

Top Bottom