• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Bill by any other name would smell as sweet - Nov 14/15 - Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
A Bill by any other name would smell as sweet​

Thats right folks its the next Billfest! Everyone get hyped because its gonna be amazing. I am posting flyers on several nearby campuses so that we get a larger turnout then ever.

Heres the info:

Don't show up late. We are starting on time and we will start without you if need be. Please call if you are going to show up late, my cell phone is listed below.

Rules for all events:-
I am enacting a new rule at this: If you are late and you want to stay in the bracket you will have to pay a $2 fee (which will be put in the pot) to stay in the bracket. More then 45min. late and I may have to kick you out (or give you a loss) even if you have payed the fee. Don't freaking show up late.

-All semi-final's and final's matches will be recorded. I don't care if you don't want your matches recorded, it is not up to you to decide.

-Pausing without warning or acceptance from the opponents will result in a lose of that round.

Location/Contact info:
425 Hillsborough St. Apt 6d
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Contact info:
-Heres my number: (980) 254-6422. Call me if you get lost or you have any questions or if you are going to show up late.

Setups:
We need setups so... If you bring a full setup not only do you get out of the door fee but I would also give you $5. To qualify for this you must bring a full setup (tv, system, game) however since we have a few spare tv's I will consider the first 3 half setups through the door to be full setups and the person bringing it will recieve such benefits.

Pricing/Prize:
$3 door fee - Will be charged for each day. As in if you payed on Sat. you still have to pay on Sun.
Brawl singles: $7
Melee singles: $7
Brawl+ singles: $7
Brawl doubles: $15 per team
Melee doubles: $15 per team
Brawl+ doubles: $15 per team

Pot split for all events will be 60/30/10

Schedule:
11/14
11:00 Registration opens
12:00 Brawl+ doubles starts
2:00 Brawl+ singles starts
4:30 Food Break
5:15 Brawl doubles starts
8:00 Brawl singles starts
After Brawl ends people may stay as late as they like and we will have housing for everyone that needs it. There will be some tv's running all night.

11/15
11:00 Registration opens
12:00 Melee doubles starts - we can start later if people have church jones, let me know.
3:00 Food Break
4:00 Melee singles starts

I will be purchashing drinks (soda, water, etc.) which I will charge as little as possible for, likely 50 cents a piece.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules:

*MK is Banned
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Brawl+ Rules:

* We will be using the latest Nightly Build and I will post a link to it later
* Items off.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 50 ledge grabs and you lose the match.

Neutral:
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Wario Ware (Frozen)

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
4 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
---------------------------------------------

We need setups as always. Please post if you plan to bring anything and post what you plan on bringing so we can organize ahead of time.

Setups:
- NC-Billbro/Lord Karn: 2 Brawl's, 2 melee's, 4 tv's

Totals:
-Brawl setups: 5
-Melee setups: 4
-Brawl+ setups: 2

----------------------------------------------

Please post if you will need housing or if you are willing to offer housing I will list everything below.

Those offering housing:
At venue- NC-Echo, Lord Karn, Mullins

---------------------------------------------

Please post if you will need a ride or will be willing to offer rides so that we can make sure everyone comes to this.

Needs a ride:

Offering rides:
NC-Echo (for people close to the venue as a last resort since I need to be at the venue running the tournament)

--------------------------------------------
Nearby Food

Below I will post nearby restaurants and their numbers so that people may coordinate their food breaks.

McDonalds
409 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC 27516-2314
(919) 967-5788

B ski's
147 East Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 969-9727 <----- They Deliver

Qdoba
100 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 929-8998

Chipotle
301 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 942-2091

Franklin St. Pizza & Pasta
163 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 933-5277

Quiznos
169 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 929-2395 <----- They Deliver

Subway
122 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 967-5400

Gumby's Pizza
306 W Franklin St # A, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 968-3278 <----- They Deliver

Jimmy John's
306 W Franklin St # C, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 968-7827 <----- They Deliver

---------------------------------------

Interested/Confirmed attending
1. NC-Echo
2. Lord Karn
3. Mullins
4. Tho

theAPExp

Smash Ace
mk is banned
i think i saw that
in big red letters
as i scrolled down

crews again!
hope it happens
this time

i'm pretty sure
i'm making this

jim hates
the way i post

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
lol i was scrolling through the rules then i saw mk...

scrolled back up...

laughed out loud...

edit: brawl gets shafted again...sunday tournaments blow

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Whoo! Another Billfest! Hey PP, how do our chances at coming to this look?

MK banned... That should make things interesting.

If I can make it to this, hopefully, I can convince my brother to let me bring my Wii. Either way, I won't forget about my TV and Gamecube this time.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
We should really look at getting a venue for these.

Gettin mad crowded.
It's a lot of work as it is. Getting a venue is something I am not willing to do yet. Not to be mention I would have to charge a much higher door making the tournament a lot less accessible.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Yay.

Ill be sure to make this.

I have too. <3

and we got have B Skis again.

BEHR

Smash Hero
But I like big turnouts? ):

How mane weer there for Brawl and melee PP?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Big turnouts are good, bigger turnouts are cramped(for this).

Melee had something in the low 20s I believe, and Brawl had.....49 I think. Singles for each game.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Me and duo will be attending this for sure, billfest's are bomb. No MK huh? Some ppl are gonna be pissed, but it should make things interesting for sure. xD I don't care because I don't need metaknight to beat olimar. <.< *looks at bill* lol

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Also bill, if you don't feel like doing concession I can cover it, can't wait for the the B-ski's run, that was epic last time. Also, I'm glad you adressed the whole match recording issue, I was starting to get sick of not seeing any matches on youtube after the tournaments. *looks at pp's marth* He doesn't need metaknight guys. lol *cough*former god tier*cough* jk pp, we love you. xD

@: stingers, Why don't you just come to one day or the other? You don't have to attend both days do you?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well my ride would be ape and he would probably want to stay for both

if brawl was sat and brawl+ was sunday we could just leave early sunday which would be AWESOME

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
But you guys! I picked up Marth, and now everyone is going to play Snake! wtf

Asking off for this tomorrow, and

THIS TIME I WILL BRING A CUBE AND MELEE FOR CERTAIN

and not be sick.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Glad to see a lot of excitement already. Just made a schedule change, please check it out.

Brawl/Brawl+: Sat.
Melee: Sun.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The last part makes me happiest lol.

My bad on recording lol. I really didn't feel like setting up last time due to the number of people makin things hard to do. Maybe I'll have it working this time, but I'm sure Bill's will be the main set up so I'm not sure if I'll bother.

Edit: Welp, gonna be a gooooood Sunday. Maybe now we can do Melee crews since it'll finish so fast.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Might do something else instead of this tourney. Banning MK is just plain wrong. Only way you will get me to ban him is if every single player in the top 8 mains him.

Last time I checked we have 1 maybe 2 players in NC who actually main MK.

Just because MK destroys Olimar doesn't give you a good reason to ban MK. I'm not doing this tourney to fund you Bill.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Might do something else instead of this tourney. Banning MK is just plain wrong. Only way you will get me to ban him is if every single player in the top 8 mains him.

Last time I checked we have 1 maybe 2 players in NC who actually main MK.

Just because MK destroys Olimar doesn't give you a good reason to ban MK. I'm not doing this tourney to fund you Bill.
Complain all you want but 6 out of the top 8 at the last tourney used mk at some point and besides that he is in mine and alex's opinion a character warranting a ban outside of any match with any character.

To be honest killer I am getting kind of tired of the insults you seem to like to throw at me. I am not banning him to fund me, I'm not biased on the pr board and I'm likely not any of the other things you seem to openly flame me with. If you have a complaint take it to me personally with a pm but I am tired of getting publicly flamed by you so do me a favor and lay off. Sorry you feel like you need mk to do well. As soon as you think you can do well without that crutch I hope you will come to tourney.

Top Bottom