• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh my god.. holy!!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Ok im sure this has already been discovered.. but i mean i spend so much time on these boards in the mornings and ive NEVER read anything about it which, i should have. wtf!! i just saw a group called ' were not keeping a huge secret >.> <.< ' which made me to consider trying this just now

the chances of me being wrong are small (i will say why in a second) but minimal, as i did it with fox's uair. i stood next to a falco, utilted and wondered why falco could go either way. It could have been chance/terrible luck with hitboxes but we'll see.

Cool so now ive said that..
I THINK you can di your opponent FOR THEM 0_o
(i assume their DI will take presidence over yours though)
I utilted, and held slightly towards the Falco he went BEHIND me
I then utilted and helt away from Falco, me went in FRONT of me

I dont care if people already knew this, to me, this is amazing, incredible news.

For any upcoming, generic, annoying lil internet smart-a$$ - if this is old news, why the heck isit not all over smashboards! and before you link me to a post i didnt know about, typing all cockily, and smart and that, tell me why the hell it isnt stickied!

If theres no comprehensive guide stickied, someone (who is not me) needs to write a clear, and bait guide - then someone needs to sticky it in pride of place =/

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think he is saying that if they don't input any DI, you can DI for them to assist in your combos. But he could just accidentally be confusing it with reverse hitboxes but I'm not sure. Don't think you can DI for them though

S

smash brawl player 99021

...Don't you think he DI'd for himself, just DI'd behind you (or wherever he went)

LLDL

Smash Hero
I see what you are trying to say. It isn't so much as controlling their DI, as much as it is the nature of what attack you did and how far you tilted the joystick. If it was an actual player, it would have no effect, like you said.

j3ly

Smash Champion
the falco was controlled by a controller with no player lol.

all im saying is try it out for yourselves.
plug in 2 controllers, take one, utilt with fox and move the stick quickly (as you hit opponent) the opposite direction u want them to go. and thanks guys for not flaming :D

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I think that which part of the move you're hitting with is whats determining their trajectory.

I'll bet if you try it with throws wich cannot have multiple hitboxes you wont get the same result.

j3ly

Smash Champion
This is true, i tried it with Fox's grab and Marths usmash - with disappointing results.
However i know what i saw, has anybody tried it out yet. We cannot rule out certain possibilities just based on 2 types of attacks. Perhaps its only tilts, airs and running attacks. or not watever.

someone needs to look into it.. try the fox/falco thing with AR hitboxes to be double sure or something. i know there are plenty of guys out there who love testing, and love methodical stuff.

keeper

Smash Champion
This is true, i tried it with Fox's grab and Marths usmash - with disappointing results.
However i know what i saw, has anybody tried it out yet. We cannot rule out certain possibilities just based on 2 types of attacks. Perhaps its only tilts, airs and running attacks. or not watever.

someone needs to look into it.. try the fox/falco thing with AR hitboxes to be double sure or something. i know there are plenty of guys out there who love testing, and love methodical stuff.
That or it's just the hitbox, like it is.

j3ly

Smash Champion
man try it out for yourself, that many flukes in a row is just not possible

im goin to bed now so i cant say any more, if i am wrong..

Opps my bad :p

j3ly

Smash Champion
no man, i mean i spaced what i think was exactly the same spacing, as in i hit with the same hitbox, did this strange di thing, and falco went diff directions. with what i believe to be the exact same hitbox.

j3ly

Smash Champion
it 100% does, vids with AR hitbox mod too.
but unfortunately i dont have any kind of recording equipment, otherwise i'd have the best mario combo video out there. :(

SDC

Smash Lord
Glad you're trying to find out new things and all, but I don't think you're manipulating the other character's DI (that's not even possible by the way :ohwell:). What's most likely happening is that a certain part of your move will hit a certain spot on the opponents character at a certain time in the move, which will cause them to take recoil in a certain direction.

Ex:
With mew2, when my opponent is in the air above me, and I Uair them from directly underneath them, they fly upwards. But when I uair them on the bottom right hand corner of the character, they fly diagonally up and left. Perhaps it is just that a certain part of a move's hitbox will do different things then another part of a move's hitbox.

Ex: Marth's normal fsmash, and his tippered fsmash. Marth's tippered fsmash (the edge of the fsmash's hitbox) does far more recoil then if marth fsmashes while you are more inside of the hitbox.

Perhaps what happened with your fox's Utilt, is on the first try, you were further away from falco, so the edge of the hitbox of fox's utilt made falco fly in that direction. Maybe the second try you were closer to the falco, so due to the fact that the falco was closer into your hitbox, it caused him to fly toward you.
Am I making sense lol? (I'm probably using the wrong terms or something, but I hope you get the point that I'm trying to get across).

I've noticed that about fox's uptilt too, and with other character's moves, and I think it's just to do with the positioning of the hitboxes.
Hope that makes sense?

Try it again, but make certain that the positioning/spacing is exactly the same both times. You should get the same result.

j3ly

Smash Champion
yes yes i really like how you explained all that - but i am no scrub lol, i knew all of that - and if it wasnt exactly that explanation that i was questioning, i would not have posted out of fear of looking like a total scrub.

Eggm

Smash Hero
What if by hitting left or right after your uptilting to "influence" the empty controllers DI your actually doing the left/right just slightly before your up tilt making you move a tiny bit and that little tiny bit is sending him in different directions.

I don't feel like testing this but a good way to keep him in the same spot would be to push him by walking at him towards the edge of the stage then rolling towards him so your always the same closeness to him and he can't move any further away cause hes pushed all the way to the edge already.

SDC

Smash Lord
yes yes i really like how you explained all that - but i am no scrub lol, i knew all of that - and if it wasnt exactly that explanation that i was questioning, i would not have posted out of fear of looking like a total scrub.
Alright man, just tryin to help :)

To be fair, somebody should just test this out; I would but I've got homework to do :dizzy: (curse my smashboards addiction lol)

AprilShaw

aka Logan
You're too far back when you're doing the up tilts.

Just tested, vs Falco, all at 0%, fully staled up tilts on one of the mario levels to use the lines for spacing, training mode on 1/4 speed with the camera fully zoomed in.

If you're right up against falco, you hit with fox's thigh/crotch area, and it sends them slightly in front of you. If you're back a bit, you hit with his foot, which hits falco up and behind you.

Would be cool but no, you can't influence their DI lol.

(also I know, no vid, sorry, but go try it yourself if you're THAT curious)

Eggm

Smash Hero

Just tested, vs Falco, all at 0%, fully staled up tilts on one of the mario levels to use the lines for spacing, training mode on 1/4 speed with the camera fully zoomed in.

If you're right up against falco, you hit with fox's thigh/crotch area, and it sends them slightly in front of you. If you're back a bit, you hit with his foot, which hits falco up and behind you.

Would be cool but no, you can't influence their DI lol.

(also I know, no vid, sorry, but go try it yourself if you're THAT curious)
Good enough 4 me.

SDC

Smash Lord
Pretty much what I thought :ohwell:. Still, J3ly, glad you're thinking outside of the box and trying to be creative, that's how new things are found :)

j3ly

Smash Champion
Good enough 4 me.
yeah unfortumatly for me too lol :(

/end dream

however that does give me 1 salvation.. all of those KILLER combos you see on the videos, can only be performed on sub-par players with awful inwards di!
hurray!

(Kevin/M3D/Alpha if you could do the honors please..)

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
.. all of those KILLER combos you see on the videos, can only be performed on sub-par players with awful inwards di!
hurray!
No, their DI is not most of whats making them get comboed, its the part of the move that they're being hit by that really determines their trajectory. I thought you understood that by now. (DI still helps but just because you got comboed by Falco's utilt doesn't make you a bad player.)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
yeah unfortumatly for me too lol :(

/end dream

however that does give me 1 salvation.. all of those KILLER combos you see on the videos, can only be performed on sub-par players with awful inwards di!
hurray!

(Kevin/M3D/Alpha if you could do the honors please..)
It's me! :( Only me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom