• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlScape v0.06 - *SSE stages added*

Kryal

Smash Ace
BrawlScape Mod Manager v0.06

- What's new in v0.06? -
  • Changed the model viewer in a few ways:
    • Basic lighting and blending
    • Added right-click context menu
    • The background color is now changeable
    • Individual polygons can now be enabled/disabled
  • Costume textures can now be exported all at once.
  • The texture list can be switched between the current model textures and all textures.
  • Added support for adventure stages/areas.
  • Added extra characters (Alloys/GBowser/Warioman)
  • Added extra stages

- Screenshots -

- Features -
  • Allows for editing textures from a wide range of locations. BrawlScape knows where textures are at so you don't have to!
  • Uses two locations for data. One for backing data, and one for project data.
  • Textures reflect current state of project folder, so you know what your textures will be!
  • Project data folder can be directed to an SD card for easy file-replacing.
  • Saves costume changes as a PAC/PCS pair. No need to compress/decompress them yourself!
  • Allows you to import/export costume files to their correct name/location.
  • Support for the following resources:
    1. Costumes
    2. Character Select Portraits
    3. Character Select Icons
    4. Character Name Strips
    5. In-Game Portraits
    6. Stock Portraits
    7. Item Icons/Textures/Models
    8. Stage Icons/Textures/Models
    9. SSE Icons/Textures/Models

- Requirements -
  • Microsoft .Net Framework v3.5 SP1 (Get it HERE)
  • Video card with OpenGL support (1.3 I think)

- How to use -
  1. Get a hold of the game data files. There are a few ways to do this, but the best way IMHO is to use WiiScrubber.
    I won't show you how to do this. Use google and download the program.
  2. Once you have extracted the disc files into a folder on your hard drive, create a second (empty) folder.
    Either on your computer or an SD card.
  3. Open BrawlScape and enter in those two folders on the first (Project) tab.
    The Data folder is where you extracted the game files to.
    The project folder is where your empty folder is.
  4. Once you have set your data locations, continue on to the next tabs.
  5. Use the right mouse button to open sub-menus. These will allow you to edit resources and textures.
  6. When you are finished editing, go back to the Project tab and click save.
    The program will now save any changes you've made to the project location.
    If this is on an SD card, it may take a little longer.
  7. Use the new data to create an ISO or do some SD loading.

- Model view controls -
  • Click and hold the left mouse button to rotate the model.
  • Press and hold the Ctrl key while rotating to move the model around.
  • Scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in/out.

*CAUTION*
This software is beta. Please back up your data and use with care!

- Downloads -

- Coming Soon -
  • Menu editor.
  • Sound/BGM playback

Kryal

Smash Ace
I really don't see that yet. Do you still have to implant that?
Point the program to the root of your project folder and it will find textures/files embedded inside. So, for instance: Mario's costume #2 is in 'fighter\mario\FitMario02.pac'. That path has to exist in your project folder as it would in the data folder. Same goes for common files, which need to be in the system directory.

Currently, it can't import whole costumes to the right location. That has to be done manually.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
wait. sorry if i'm an idiot. but does this show you what the texture will look like on the character before you even get in game???

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Looks really interesting. Would it be possible to make it an configurable application to support other games as well?

Kryal

Smash Ace
wait. sorry if i'm an idiot. but does this show you what the texture will look like on the character before you even get in game???
Not yet. It only shows the textures, not models.

Looks really interesting. Would it be possible to make it an configurable application to support other games as well?
It's possible, but the texture locations are specific to SSBB. You'd have to make a new program.

Kryal

Smash Ace
New version. Should be more stable and a little faster with SD cards.
Also, the program will delete costume files in your project folder if you 'Restore' them to the original format, so be careful with it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
This looks like it will be helpful for when I texture hack... (look at my avatar)

Also, could this work with stages?

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
Can you add the ability to like 'preview' what it would look like? (Either as a model or as a flat 2D representation)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
That would involve importing a 3D model and applying the texture over it. It's probably possible, but might not be happening for a while

Kryal

Smash Ace
Is this 100% Legal?
Legal as in using 100% original code? Yes. All the program does is combine data locations into one place.

It does NOT contain copyrighted material, all the images in the interface come from the data files themselves. As the disclaimer states, "By using this program, the end user agrees to take full responsibility regarding its proper and lawful use."

Kryal

Smash Ace
I mean I don't need any Illegal programs to make textures?
Not really. You don't actually need anything else to modify textures, besides a paint program. You can get Gimp or Paint.net for free and they work great.

Kryal

Smash Ace
New version. Added support/menus for item icons, character icons, in-game portraits, and stock portraits.

Up next: models. Ouch! You might not see me for a while...

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
New version. Added support/menus for item icons, character icons, in-game portraits, and stock portraits.

awesome work,i am very xcited!! ...1st smashbox and now model support next!

Ihatecompvir

Smash Rookie
Kryal, you're one of my favorite Brawl tool makers. It's awesome how now I can easily edit my CSPs and Costumes. Maybe I'll take a crack at putting one of my friends in the game.

Also can you add in name editing? I want to edit the images of the characters in the CSS and their names. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard.

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice

You've already made 2 updates in 2 days, that's very fast for most people. XD

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Kryal, you're one of my favorite Brawl tool makers. It's awesome how now I can easily edit my CSPs and Costumes. Maybe I'll take a crack at putting one of my friends in the game.

Also can you add in name editing? I want to edit the images of the characters in the CSS and their names. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard.
You can do that with SmashBox. Just edit Common5.pac.

This is why SmashBox is amazing. Well, this will be better when you add models.

Kryal, don't you think it would be a good idea to merge this with SmashBox? They are both so similar, it would be helpful.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
wait no strap_en.pac support ?

i just fiddled around for a while and added a few new character pictures,

**then i wondered about other things with textures in them like fitfinal.pac or fitentry.pac wondererd if these will get supported....
...'tunes'.brres support ?
... will CSS or fitmotion.pac or PSA stuff that isnt realy texture will get support?
... when stages are editied a little selection screen picture change could be added feature?
this great new program realy got me thinking about it being a real all in 1 deal.

i agree that smashbox features incorperated would be great,
but i have no problems switching between the 2 programs. love them both and cant wait for model support.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm loving this so far man. One question, though. When I replace CSP's, will it create a palette for it? this is the reason I couldn't get it to work with cupash...
EDIT: Well, before it worked, but now it just freezes when I click on group brawl or anything else that requires a character select >_>
Maybe in the next build (or upcoming ones really) if there could be stage select portraits and/or editing the title screen?

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
i have a quick question. hopfully someone can answer it, but im using the CSS organizer obviously for my CSS and since its a .pac file i had to compress the common5 into it for the CSPs to work. if im changing the portraits on brawlscape does this mean its only modifying the orginal common5 and not my CSS pac?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal, don't you think it would be a good idea to merge this with SmashBox? They are both so similar, it would be helpful.
SmashBox is a little advanced for most people, and the development concept is different. This is why I split SmashBox into a library, so that when I update the library I can have new features in both programs. I could have a shortcut to open resources in SmashBox externally, but ideally a person shouldn't HAVE to use SmashBox unless they want to do something advanced.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm loving this so far man. One question, though. When I replace CSP's, will it create a palette for it? this is the reason I couldn't get it to work with cupash...
EDIT: Well, before it worked, but now it just freezes when I click on group brawl or anything else that requires a character select >_>
Maybe in the next build (or upcoming ones really) if there could be stage select portraits and/or editing the title screen?
Yes, it creates palettes automatically. Basically your textures will be in the exact same format.

If you encounter freezing problems, PLEASE let me know what texture(s) you changed and send me the file if you can. It's the best way for me to debug.

Kryal

Smash Ace
i have a quick question. hopfully someone can answer it, but im using the CSS organizer obviously for my CSS and since its a .pac file i had to compress the common5 into it for the CSPs to work. if im changing the portraits on brawlscape does this mean its only modifying the orginal common5 and not my CSS pac?
IF you put your modified common5.pac on an SD card or other external location, it will edit that file. The only time it will edit the original common5 is when you set up Direct Mode. In this case your Data and Project folders are the same.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
dang so then it basically isnt editing my css with the CSPs on it. well i guess i can just re compress the common5 into the sc_selcharacter.pac

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yes, it creates palettes automatically. Basically your textures will be in the exact same format.

If you encounter freezing problems, PLEASE let me know what texture(s) you changed and send me the file if you can. It's the best way for me to debug.
Well, I'm only changing CSP's and items, nothing else. So, I imported this Dr. Mario CSP I made, and it works perfectly, nothing at all wrong. I put the SD Card back in my PC, added a few more CSP's (I believe it was only one for Link, lucario, and pikachu) And when I clicked on group brawl, it just hung there.As for the items, I edited the super and poison mushrooms, and when I loaded the game, it never got past the strap loader!

EDIT: Oh, and you forgot to implement the capsule item texture.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Something I would find useful is that if you hovered over an area of the texture, if the little screen portrait on the program would have that area highlighted... this would make characters like ROB less of a nightmare

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Anyone willing to help me find a link to where I can get the data files for this?

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Any chance this will have an option to read CSPs & SSPs from the sc_selcharacter.pac & sc_selmap.pac files in the "menu2" folder instead of common5 from the "system" folder?

Top Bottom