• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Triumph of EVIL JIGGS

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Link to original post: [drupal=2457]The Triumph of EVIL JIGGS[/drupal]

Well, twice now, EVIL JIGGS, the Jigglypuff I used in my solo-Jigglypuff run through Pokémon Pearl, has triumphed. The first was earlier today, as some of you know, when I almost had to restart my game since I was stuck on Full Moon Island. (Well, that was more of a triumph of Action Replay and dumb luck, but that's beside the point.)

The second being that it has successfully beaten the entire regular story (i.e. up through the Elite Four) of Pearl! It took a hell of a lot of effort, but I finished my run. Here are the ending statistics:

(Evil [Dark-type] Jigglypuff sprite by me.)

EVIL JIGGS

Level: 98
Item: Quick Claw
Nature: Brave
EVs (this is a guess, I actually forgot what I put EVs into, but I'm nearly positive I'm right): 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
Ability: Cute Charm

Stats:
HP: 361
Attack: 108
Defense: 77
Special Attack: 175
Special Defense: 84
Speed: 88

Moveset:
Shadow Ball (15 PP) (/ Shock Wave, for all of game except Elite Four/Champion)
Flamethrower (15 PP)
Water Pulse (20 PP)
Psychic (10 PP)

Items Used During Elite Four (& Champion):

2 Max Potions
1 Hyper Potion
18 Full Restores
1 Ether
1 Elixir
1 Max Ether

Number of Tries to Defeat Elite Four (& Champion):
Aaron: 1 Try
Bertha: 1 Try
Flint: 1 Try
Lucian: 1 Try
Cynthia: 3 Tries

Final Totals:

Money: $271,252
PokéDex: 145 Seen / 5 caught
Score: 1843
Playtime (At Hall of Fame Debut): 23:18

Other Factoids:

3 HM Slaves (Bibarel, Bidoof, Staravia)
Legendaries Defeated: Palkia (x2), Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin

------------

I would've defeated more legendaries, but I wasn't going to go through the trouble for some of them, like getting the National Dex or bringing 3 Regis over...and even though I used AR to give myself the Azure Flute, Arceus refused to appear. However, going up a second time to Spear Pillar to look for Arceus, after I had beaten the Elite Four, I discovered Palkia had reappeared so I beat it a second time.

Also, Garchomp is a total pain. I must've used about half of all of my Full Restores on that thing. It has Dragon Rush/Earthquake/Brick Break/Giga Impact, all of which could take down half of my HP+, and could take me down to the red (at least) with a critical hit, and that's at full HP. That is the only Pokémon throughout the whole Elite Four / Champion that beat me.

I ended up using Quick Claw because...let's face it, even with 252 Speed EVs, Jiggs has really crappy speed. Even if it had had perfect IVs and a nature that helped Speed, it still could've had 152 at best.

Just to inform you how I worked this all out, I bred a Jigglypuff egg in my Diamond version, traded it over to Pearl, hatched it (so it would have the right OT/Trainer ID, and therefore obey me even at ridiculously high levels), traded it back over to Diamond, gave it the TMs necessary, gave it the EV training necessary, traded it back over to Pearl, where I began. Yes, I know Brave Nature sucked for my purposes (Helps Attack, Hurts Speed), and I'm fully aware that my IVs were probably crap. However, I wasn't prepared to waste my time breeding for a super-good Jigglypuff and I think it adds to the effect if you take the first thing you get anyways.

The only hacking involved at all was Walk Through Walls and the cheat to give me the Azure Flute. These were both only used in order to access legendary Pokémon so I could defeat them.

HM Slaves were only ever used in battle in double battles (by the way, they won't let you enter a double battle unless you have at least two Pokémon on hand), and most of the time I even held off fighting the opponents and killed off the HM slaves with EVIL JIGGS first. At least one time, I didn't, which is why I had a Staravia in the end and not a Starly. Because a low-leveled Pokémon surviving a battle with a slightly higher leveled Pokémon is going to level it up, and it must've evolved it in that situation too.

I took a video of the ending scene of the battle all the way through the entrance of the Hall of Fame...but my camera quality is really horrible, so I'll post it if it ends up looking semi-okay.

However, just for some semblance of proof, here's a picture of my Hall of Fame screen:

I probably won't be starting another solo run anytime soon, though. In whatever free time I have that I'm playing Pokémon, I'll be focusing my efforts towards doing another run through Blue and Gold, finishing a run through Sapphire which is at the same stage my solo Jiggs run was at for so long (except it's even worse, because I have 6 Pokémon to train), and then finishing off Platinum. After that, I'll be considering what to do next.

For now, though, I'm super proud of completing another solo run. My Shaymin run was, while challenging, admittedly pretty easy as far as solo runs go. For comparison, I was at level 88 when I finished that one, and I had a lot less trouble with the Elite Four. Though in my defense, Shaymin's movepool is much worse as far as diversity goes.

Anyways, I think I've given just about every single tidbit of information I could give, so I'll wrap this blog up. It wasn't easy, but in the end I'm so glad I did it. As an added bonus, I now have a near-level-100 Jigglypuff out of it!

D

Deleted member

I really salute anyone that has the patience for this. After doing it once with Clamperl in Ruby, I never want to do it again.

D13

Smash Ace
Good job, man. I bet you're glad that Full Moon Island business is resolved.

Congratulations!

Mewter

Smash Master
Good job, Firus!
Now you can finally put that Jigglypuff business to Rest, if you know what I mean. :laugh:

But what's that about two Palkia!? o_O

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks, guys!

Good job, man. I bet you're glad that Full Moon Island business is resolved.
Yeah, I was so worried about that. NEVER taking a chance like that again. I can't imagine what I'd do if I had to restart my entire Jiggs run at level 92.

Now you can finally put that Jigglypuff business to Rest, if you know what I mean. :laugh:
Ahahahaha. *slaps knees*

But what's that about two Palkia!? o_O
Apparently, if you kill Palkia, beat the Elite Four, and go back to Spear Pillar, Palkia will be there again.

In other words, they put in idiot insurance for people who haven't figured out they have to save their game before attempting to catch a legendary.

Top Bottom