• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana Combo to Hyphen Smash for use against Diddy Kong

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I really like finding tricks other characters can do with Bananas, and I thought I'd share this one with you guys. I know you all know about the Jump Canceled Item Toss > Hyphen Smash, but this expands upon that idea. This can be started from the air or a Full Hop provided you can hit Diddy with a D-Air.

The combo:
Full Hop > Z-Drop > Fast Fall + D-Air + Banana Pickup > Shine > Jump Canceled Item Toss > Hyphen Smash

I tested this against a computer on "Walk," meaning they would escape at the earliest possible frame. This will work at killing percents, but I think it stops working after about 150% or so. If this works, it would give Fox more angles at which to land a killing Up-Smash against Diddy, as well as tacking on some extra percent along the way. Plus it's fun :chuckle:

Comment/critique welcome :)

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78clPnFWMgU

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I really like finding tricks other characters can do with Bananas, and I thought I'd share this one with you guys. I know you all know about the Jump Canceled Item Toss > Hyphen Smash, but this expands upon that idea. This can be started from the air or a Full Hop provided you can hit Diddy with a D-Air.

The combo:
Full Hop > Z-Drop > Fast Fall + D-Air + Banana Pickup > Shine > Jump Canceled Item Toss > Hyphen Smash

I tested this against a computer on "Walk," meaning they would escape at the earliest possible frame. This will work at killing percents, but I think it stops working after about 150% or so. If this works, it would give Fox more angles at which to land a killing Up-Smash against Diddy, as well as tacking on some extra percent along the way. Plus it's fun :chuckle:

Comment/critique welcome :)

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78clPnFWMgU
*applause*

I liked. I usually just JC toss up smash. This seems a lot more cooler and could be more helpful.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm glad you guys like it :)

this is so badass lol can they tech after being hit by shine?
I bet they could, though unless they pull the shield out immediately, I don't think they could avoid the Banana trip. As has been mentioned in the video, the really sticky part is the D-Air > Shine, which I've seen before but wasn't sure if it was a true combo or not. Apparently, if the D-Air makes Diddy trip, the Shine is a true combo.

Charoo

Smash Champion
you can tech the shine if you bounce instead of slide

down air can cause a trip but it's random. Higher chance at higher %

this is a good strategy when you hold a banana and they hold a banana

just hope you don't trip when you try to run up smash haha

Jenkins

Smash Lord
this is actually awesome.

i was excepting something dumb but this looks really sweet

Top Bottom