• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GEORGIA?? POUND 4?!? Letz Gooeees!!! Travel Agent Toasty Toooast's onnn it son =D

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'm going to update this thread frequently as I get more information pieced together, but here are the basics:

Do you play Smash?

Do you live in Georgia?

Wondering how you're getting to Pound 4?
...because missing this isn't an option...

Then you've come to the right place.

What this thread is a place for:
-REGISTERED [or those with serious intent to register] GA players for Pound 4
- discussing travel arrangements with GA peoples [or anyone traveling FROM(or through) GA]
- discussing HOUSING / HOTEL arrangements!

Why bother?
-Flying together increases likelihood of getting a ride from the airport as it's easier to make arrangements for a group rather than an individual [it's also ****ing awesome to travel with your friends]
-Driving in a group obviously saves a ton on gas money and makes the trip doable as the driver will either have people to keep him company or he'll have other drivers to share the driving time.
-Sharing hotel rooms will increase the likelihood of you GETTING a room at the Pound 4 discounted rate [AND it will make it cheaper for each person if you have more people per room]
-It's just better to be organized and have a group of people to stick with in case anything, god forbid, goes wrong

Horror Story of Traveling Alone:
I had to travel back from across the world alone one time, got sick in the process but couldn't sleep at the airport during my 17 HOUR layover [which was caused by a plane's delay causing me to miss a flight] because I had to watch my luggage. Throw in a couple more missed flights and sleepless journeys [all of this over the course of 2 1/2 days in just airports/planes] and you have one of the less-appealing traveling experiences ever :(

All tournament/hotel/airport related information can be found in the first post of this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237419

HOTEL DISCOUNT
http://cwp.marriott.com/wasfd/gamecubetournament/

^^^There are two hotels listed for the discount. I'll ask Plank which one is the preferred hotel...

PLANE FARE DISCOUNT
Anyhow, here is what you have to do:

• Contact the AirTran Airways EventSavers Desk at 1-866-68EVENT (1-866-683-8368) for reservations.
  • Provide the following Event Code: BWI011510
  • Provide the following Event Name: Pound 4
  • Provide the flight details or ask the customer rep to help you find the cheapest rate.
  • Once the cheapest rate is found, they will apply a 10% discount on the fare.
  • Provide payment info to customer rep
  • Enjoy your 10% discount!!!

So yeah...let's get our **** together and make this happen!

I don't wanna hear any bull**** when I come back from Pound 4 to find your dopey *** wishing you could have gone but couldn't because you waited too long to register, book a flight, or get in on a hotel room/car ride with someone.

toasty

Smash Hero
Rayku: WTF @ your price estimate?!??!

There's no WAY it's going to cost SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS @_@

What kind of bull**** flights are you looking at? XD

Okay. Let's see.

Here are some flights through Airtran from ATL to BWI leaving Jan 15th and coming back on Jan 19th

Also don't forget that through Pound, we can get a 10% discount on flight costs if we fly Airtran.

If you book the tickets I listed SOON before those prices change, we'll round it out to, including the discount, a bit above 160+taxes.

And then the discounted rates for the hotel are 89 per night per room. Split that with a bunch of people [4 others maybe for 4 nights] and you're spending 89 + taxes or whatever the discount rate is

Entry is what now...$45 for venue, doing singles and teams?

so let's just over estimate and say:

$180 - Airfare [ROUND trip]
$95 - Hotel [maybe less]
$45 - Entry
_____
$320

Definitely NOT six hundred. Though it's safe to throw in an extra $75 - $100 for gas money, FOOD, and Just-In-Case

So MAAAX from ATL might be like 430ish?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Rayku: WTF @ your price estimate?!??!

There's no WAY it's going to cost SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS @_@

What kind of bull**** flights are you looking at? XD
I guess -nobody- saw the explanations beneath it, where I was explaining he should bring $600 to pay for both his and my way there, because I'm poor and most likely won't be attending

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I want to go to Pound 4 so bad.

The only problem is that I won't know if I can make it till after Christmas.

It's unfortunate that the cut off date for signups is Nov 1.

Also: TOAAAAAAAAAAAASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

toasty

Smash Hero
Crio - send Plank a message about this.

What you CAN do, though, is register now while it's available and then once you find out you're unable to attend, request a refund as you can receive refunds up until like a couple weeks before the tourney [so...right around the time you'd be finding out]

but seriously, send Plank a message about it :) [poor guy's getting probably getting pummeled with PMs as it is :(]

edit: CRIOOOOOOOOOOO

bigman40

Smash Master
Yo, My group was planning on driving there Friday morning. If anyone wants to drive in groups, I'd be down to stop by ATL before going up there. (my drive is up the coast)

toasty

Smash Hero
I want to have a full list of who is going and who people are going with so there is never any confusion.

I've been in rides-to-tourneys situations where people just...surprise you...with their incompetence and consequence-inducing assumptions.

This is what happened [diff. names of course]:

Brad is driving to a tourney. John is also going with him. Brad has 5 spots in his car; 2 of them are for Brad and John.

John asks if he can bring 2 people and Brad says that's fine.

Brad tells another friend he has spot for one more and it'd be sooo cool if he could come because they haven't chilled or smashed in forever and that one friend is maaad inactive so it'd be great to get him to a tourney again. AND he lives on the way between John's place and the tournament! It's perfect.

*early morning of the tournament*

Brad shows up at John's house. John walks out with......3 other people?

Brad's thoughts: Hmm...okay...maybe they were just chillin and the other guy is leaving...wait, why does he have a big *** bag with him too? Why is he walking up to MY car instead of his own?

Brad, to John: yo John...wha...dude....I thought you said 2 people?

John: OH yeah...lol, dude my bad, he came over last night and we were smashin the whole time and we told him you were taking us to the tourney and he got mad hyped for it so we figured you wouldn't mind taking him too since you're always so cool about this kinda thing...that's cool, right?

Brad: well N--
John: because he doesn't have a place to stay right now...and my folks are out of town so he can't stay here...and he doesn't have a car or anything...so that's cool, right?

...not legit.

Preferred Format:

Names of drivers
Names of people going
Number of spots available (if any)
*Gas Money approx. cost per person for extra would-be passengers.
*Route of travel

*= not necessary if you've got a full car and/or don't wanna take more people/drive in groups

For the good of the community though, I would appreciate that any extra seats be available even if it's your personal preference to ride solo or with a couple people. OBVIOUSLY what you end up doing is your choice, but this is POUND MOTHER****IN FOUR Y'ALL. SERIOUSLY. Help a n**** out.

I'm ALSO trying to get a list together of housing.

Preferred Format:
Where are you staying?
Who's staying with you?
Number of spots available in the room?***
HOW MANY NIGHTS AND WHICH DATES YOU PLAN TO STAY

^^^CAPS FOR IMPORTANCE.[/s]
This is one of those CRUCIAL pieces of data when it comes to planning something like this. I dealt with all KINDS of bullsh;t at HERB2 with my hotel-room "guests" so yeah....get this stuff taken care of people.

***Don't be shy and fear backlash from people who are ***** for giving you crap about wanting to actually get sleep or not have too many people in your room. It's your money, your tourney experience, your trip, etc...if you want to stay in a room by yourself, you can go **** yourself that's perfectly fine!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
*stickies this for seriousness*

Toasty, ima give u a call later bro

btw it's sticked in both rooms.....at the same time

*flex*

toasty

Smash Hero
**** YES Mike! You're amazing because I was literally about to PM you and request not only the sticky but that this be mirrored in Gent's Club too!

(-∞, 3)

^^^MAJOR props for any fellow numbers nerds who get that XD [some may figure it out, but props to those who get the actual notation]

I guess I know what to ask my parents for for Christmas (and I'm an atheist now :ohwell:).
LMFAO as if Christmas was a legit Christian holiday in the first place XD!!!

NO disrespect to ANYONE of the Christian faith who celebrates it with sincerity with regard to the assumed intent behind the holiday, but facts are facts people XD

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll be able to get all the names that are coming with me to P4. I'm most likely gonna have a full car (4 extra slots and I'm driver) so I doubt that I'll have an extra slot for someone. I just don't want to be traveling up there with just my friends and me alone :( Not fun lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
What I'm saying, though, is to have it in list form so there are no questions, and to also open up possibilities.

I'm flying to this but if I were driving and my car was full but I wanted to drive in groups and I saw that your car had people in it that I was friends with, I'd be more inclined to drive in a group with you given that I don't really know you at all.

You don't want to be taking "John" from my story only to have "John's friend" see that you simply said you're taking 4 people, and then assume that he's one of those 4.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I misunderstood what you were saying Rayku but now that makes a lot more sense. [also: hahaha]

You made it sound like "this is what I paid/am paying"
Lol I can see that now. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Really wanting to go. I have a $50 MM with Umbreon to lose badly in at this.

my computer is ****ed (-_-) will post more accurate details/desires at a later, less confusing time

also : I want to spread butter on you toasty : ) me and EverlastingYay will be the peanut butter and honey... wow that came out way gayer than I ever imagined in text form

toasty

Smash Hero
My ex used to make me Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches back in the day. ZOMFG those were AMAZING!

Especially if it's all natural peanut butter [I think the ENTIRE ingredient list is: Peanuts, Salt. XD] and just a little bit of honey [too much and it tastes like jelly to me, and I don't think I'm ready for that ____...]

I thought I replied to this already but MARTY!!! PLEASE give details about what you're talking about. What kind of discounts can you get? Check out the discounts I added to the first post at the bottom. Lemme know if they meet or surpass those and by how much etc

Thanks bro.

A lot of GA's Finest are flying to this =D

Rayku

Smash Lord
I just PM'ed my grandad to see if I can go. I expect a response from him soon, but I'll tell you guys if I'm able to go

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i am down for this as soon as i start gtting paid again

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
LMFAO as if Christmas was a legit Christian holiday in the first place XD!!!

NO disrespect to ANYONE of the Christian faith who celebrates it with sincerity with regard to the assumed intent behind the holiday, but facts are facts people XD
Iseewhatyoudidthere. :p

(WOW I know a little too much on that one...;))

But I do have a question: When is the latest you would like to know when people could come? Because I know in my case, this ticket isn't getting bought probably sometime in Mid-November @ the earliest...

toasty

Smash Hero
@ Kazoo, I'm doing this for everyone's benefit, not my own. So I don't have a deadline as I don't have an grand agenda in mind =D

It's always better to travel together etc etc...so I mean, I'm going to make MY plans along with a good number of others who will be flying and such. Hopefully it all works out that way.

What I would love love love would be for my GA bros and I to be on the same flight? Granted...it's not a hella long flight or anything but traveling experiences are ALWAYS better in groups of friends. Plus we can save money and time by getting a ride to the hotel all at the same time :)

A lot of this [namely housing] is first come, first serve, barring personal preference to leave a spot open for ____ even though they're unconfirmed

I posted a screen cap of flight prices on Jan 15th and Jan 19th.

I really really want those flight dates.

If anyone else is down, for now, let me know. If you foresee money in the near future whose momentary absence is preventing you from being confirmed, then let me know.

ALSO!!! This thread was secretly created to attract more people to the tournament and motivate them to go! Dead serious.

Good ****, BBQ.

Edit: Handorin...what I need to find out is which hotel is better of the two offering discounts and which one will have more smashers staying =D

Handorin

Smash Hero
I just looked at the OP again and noticed the air fare discount, which I thought was a joke. Is there a way to do this online? or is it just over the phone?

toasty

Smash Hero
I just looked at the OP again and noticed the air fare discount, which I thought was a joke. Is there a way to do this online? or is it just over the phone?
I imagine a lot of Smashers using the discount have the same question, and the guy who has that discount arranged said to address all of those questions to him.

So here's his profile.

http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=70219

Send him a PM.

He's not a Smasher, he's more or less Puerto Rico Smash's travel agent. And of course he gets something out of this, in case anyone wondered, because multiple uses of the discount gets HIM benefits from Airtran. So yeah, don't worry about hidden fees or anything, skeptics :)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going. I just want to go the cheapest way possible though, which is why I made this thread last month about it. It's another way to get there. Whatever works. :/

Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249007

Assuming singles & teams of either Melee or Brawl + ride up there and back + hotel =
$175-200

+$2.50 after every month past August
+ food and any other expenses
edit: btw, im in auburn, which is fairly close to GA.

tubes

Smash Ace
I posted a screen cap of flight prices on Jan 15th and Jan 19th.

I really really want those flight dates.
Those dates sound fine to me. Do you know who you're rooming with? If not then me and Dan are both LFG Pound 4 and then we'd only be LF2-3M more.

Top Bottom