• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Noble November, 11/21, Ashburn, VA."Nani?!?"

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Date
November 21st, Saturday (One Day Only)

Place
44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

This is a LAN center, it is located in a business strip mall thingy. There's plenty of parking all over the place, just don't park directly in front of the building, as those spots are reserved. Look for the big C3 sign. This tournament will be held in the new BACK ROOM of C3, which can hold 50 people comfortably. C3 has also purchased 10 new 32" televisions which we can use for the event. Please bring Wiis! 5 $5 venue fee discount will be given to the first 5 Wiis.
703 728 7301 (My cell)

Price
10$ Venue Fee
10$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ a person)

Payouts
All money put into entering the tournament goes into the pot.
Singles will pay top 4, 55/25/10/5. Doubles will pay top 3, 60/30/10.

Schedule
5pm - Doors open, Registration begins.
6pm - Registration ends, Teams begins shortly after.
8pm - Teams ending with singles starting
Everyone leaves when tournament ends

Rules

This tournament will be enforcing a 50 edge-grab planking rule. If your character grabs the ledge 50 times in one match (as shown at the end match statistics), AND the match times out, you automatically forfeit that match. (Keep in mind, you will not come close 50 edge-grabs in a match unless you are actively trying to stall the match on the ledge.)

This tournament will also be banning King Dedede Standing Infinites. This includes the "small step" infinite. Characters affected by this are Samus/Bowser/Donkey Kong/Mario/Luigi. If any of these matchups occur and a one standing regrab is used, the player has the right to pause the match and call me over. I will issue a warning and watch the remainder of the match, and if another standing grab occurs, the player will forfeit that match.

1 Stage Ban before the set starts. 1st stage is RANDOM select. Loser of first match picks stage, then winner selects character, then loser selects character IN THAT ORDER. You may not select a stage you have already won on in the set (unless opponent agrees).
Best 2 out of 3 with finals being 3 out of 5.
If timer runs out, then match is decided by higher stocks, then lowest percentage. If percentage is tied, 1 stock rematch on same stage occurs. If match ends in a tie for any other reason, a 1 stock match is played out.

Starter stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's DS
Lylat Cruise

Counter PICKS:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delphino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1

ALL OTHER STAGES BANNED

3 Stock
8 Minute time limit.

- Wiis loaded through homebrew are BANNED. Anyone wishing to use the "infinite replays" hack, must put that hack and ONLY that hack on their SD card and then clear it with me. "No Tripping" hack is BANNED.

-"Accidental pausing" during an IC chaingrab warrants a free grab for the IC player if he elects to do so.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
This is the day of inuis tourney, haha

Looks like my consecutive streak of missing c3 will extend to 4 months, sadly

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
My eyes are burning!!!

My money won't be going to MD/VA sadly. It's the same day as Inui's. And I've got MMs with Xyro to do. =/

g-regulate

Smash Hero
This tournament has been POSTPONED!!!! 1 WEEK!!

The tournament will now occur on the 21st.

See everyone there!!!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh dag

Now I can come! This is my b-day weekend, i'll be 22 (i now hate getting older)

Can we have a c3 birthday party XD

ATHF, I expect you all to be in full force at this, Smash GOD, LLOD ask your mom NOW and don't wait till week of

Too good, June let me know if you're going to this or if you're going to Kosha boy or if you're going to both- If you end up not going to this I'm gonna team with sanoscy for this, (we also need to team again soon, i wish your tourney appearances weren't so infrequent) I remember when I could outplay you in teams XD

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Oh snap.

I figured you would be going to the revival of melee. Didn't see this coming.

Well maybe people will come to ours in the morning and yours at night since we should be done by the time you start.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
sorry monstar, i completely forgot about your event on the same day. i unfortunately have no control over the dating of C3s, so i apologize. our tourneys are almost 2 hours apart tho so maybe we'll both get a good crowd. probably not tho

im gonna be practicing for this event. who else is?!?!?!?! gotta get better

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
G-reg, i'll play you again

If i get around to actually playing that game

I haven't played any video games this week at all period, not since k9s

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
its pretty long considering the fact that most of you kids play on a daily basis, and that was what I did till i entered the real world

B0NK

Smash Lord
its pretty long considering the fact that most of you kids play on a daily basis, and that was what I did till i entered the real world
I think you need to get a better perspective of "you kids." Lil b and I never get a chance to play; Saturday is pretty much the only time we play. I can't speak for all the "kids," on these boards though.

Coney

Smash Master
if it makes you feel any better

i play like, two or three times a week

but it's four-player FFA where i'm not allowed to edgeguard, chaingrab, or really attack anyone at all

oh, and i can't use DDD

and i get ganged up on, and whenever i kill someone it's because i have obviously been gunning for them the entire time

and i get told i play this game too much

on the plus side, i've been waxing up on my
****ing terrible
ike this way!

although buffered nairs still get me

and i keep trying to jab cancel and do a dtilt

it looks hilarious though, seeing ike go PUNCH PUNCH KNEEL SWING

Vist

Smash Champion

but it's four-player FFA where i'm not allowed to edgeguard, chaingrab, or really attack anyone at all

oh, and i can't use DDD

and i get ganged up on, and whenever i kill someone it's because i have obviously been gunning for them the entire time

lmao oh god..... QFT

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

oh, and i can't use DDD

on the plus side, i've been waxing up on my
****ing terrible
ike this way!

although buffered nairs still get me

and i keep trying to jab cancel and do a dtilt

it looks hilarious though, seeing ike go PUNCH PUNCH KNEEL SWING
I don't use Wolf anymore in these ffa's. I just use Samus and low tiers.

I might be able to attend this tourney, but doubtful because Metalmonstar's tourney is having Rockband and I want to see my brother win that. Same distance either way.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
teamsies???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????....?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
sorry monstar, i completely forgot about your event on the same day. i unfortunately have no control over the dating of C3s, so i apologize. our tourneys are almost 2 hours apart tho so maybe we'll both get a good crowd. probably not tho

im gonna be practicing for this event. who else is?!?!?!?! gotta get better
It is cool. Maybe people will come to mine in the morning and then head over to yours since yours starts at 6 and mine ends (Brawl portion) at 4 (hopefully). It would be great for both of us to get a good turnout. Seems like Anime USA is claiming a few players as well.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
It is cool. Maybe people will come to mine in the morning and then head over to yours since yours starts at 6 and mine ends (Brawl portion) at 4 (hopefully). It would be great for both of us to get a good turnout. Seems like Anime USA is claiming a few players as well.
Too bad the tourneys are like an hour and a half away from each other. So I highly doubt people would be willing to drive around that much

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Lol I might actually try to do both. At least doubles at the first one. I'm finally getting Saturdays off so I need my tourney fix.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lol I might actually try to do both. At least doubles at the first one. I'm finally getting Saturdays off so I need my tourney fix.
I'll be at MetalMonstars for my brother. He is gonna be wrecking in the Rockband tourney part. I'd go to c3 over MetalMonstars, but I want to see my brother win at Rockband:)

KageMurphy

Smash Master
>>>Posting from a Friends house<<<

I'm going to try and come to this now, in fact, I almost certainly will be at this lol.

Greg - okay

Top Bottom