• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just some tricks Diddy has on certain stages

Player-1

Smash Legend
Here are just some tricks I've picked up on from over the months. I don't take credit for discovering any of them, they're just tricks that I don't see as many people utilizing.

Rainbow Cruise:
-*If you stand on the left ledge of the boat (on the upper level) and do a standing banana throw, then you're banana will do that banana sliding trick thing.

-*many chances to naner wall lock on this stage especially the boat.

-*You're Up-b is powerful once the boat hits the next part of the stage. You can get on the on the edge of the checkered platform and Up-b into the boat as it hits, you can also try to get a stage spike here if your opponent is on the checkered part to. You also get another chance to up-b into the falling log things when the magic carpet appears right below. My advice, don't barrel into it until the carpet gets so that you barely even leave the ground, use usmash or utilt instead. And I don't recommend using at the pendulum because if you angle it even slightly then you can end up going at a very wide angle afterward and die.

-Diddy can barrel spike through the stage, I'd only recommend using this as either a surprise attack or if there's a platform above you.

-*Diddy is bad on the pendulum against most of the cast, avoid being on there and try to camp the platform to the upper left instead, right when that starts disappearing the platform on the right upper hand corner of the pendulum will appear.

-*If you fall through with those falling block things (the first set of them) on the upper stage, don't try to up-b back up, instead side-b right then up-b right past where there's that slope. When you fall through the next set of those things, wall cling then wall jump back up if you can, if not don't worry and just go left as you fall and you'll land on the platform that is usually there that you can't see.

-On the platform right above the start of the boat stage/where you fall through to get to the boat, you can still use your up-b to get some damage up, you can also camp there quite a while against people who don't have multiple jumps and get some bananas out or pluck them so they fall off and onto the boat.

-The bananas are too small to see on the railing of the RC boat use that to your advantage.

-Any time you get hit with a powerful attack at low percents, try DIing into something and teching it. EX: Snake Utilts you on the boat, try to DI to that drop down place where you go through to get to the boat when the stage falls. Or D3 CG's you to Dsmash or Utilt on the boat, you can try to DI to those falling log things in the upper left hand corner. note you can't see these things on the screen at those points.

Brinstar:

-*Diddy's bananas can bounce on those things that break the stage up and they'll keep their hitbox.

-*Diddy can camp behind the pillar things on the ledges and not get hit by projectiles while your peanuts can go past them because you're popgun sticks out. This can also be combined with the previous trick and make it VERY difficult to approach.

-If you go for a barrel spike through the stage, try to do it on the hump on the ground level of the stage so you land on the top platform.

-Diddy can temporarily wall lock when those things that keep the stage together are slightly diminished.

-*When hanging on the left ledge of the stage, Diddy can side-b to midair jump into that section that keeps the stage apart and wall jump off.

-Diddy can up-b into the section of the stage that breaks and it'll get a bigger hitbox that also last longer, but be careful because this is risky. You can also angle it and get your barrels to explode and land on the stage.

Delfino:

-*banana lock off stage and onto a wall

-can barrel through stage

-You get a normal falling speed when you diddy hump someone in the water, but this actually a negative thing.

-On the section of the stage with water and the 4 rock platforms sticking out of them, if you get someone in the water in the middle 2, then you can barrel spike and cancel the lag by grabbing the edge, then dropping back down before they have to to get out and do it again which covers a wide range of the section, the higher the percent the better.

Pokemon Stadium 1:

-*Banana lock against certain parts of the stage

-During the fire transformation you can stand on the right side of the tree in the little hole and face right and normal throw a banana and get the sliding effect.

-You're up-b is powerful on the fire stage where you can up-b into the tree on the left side, and on the right you have to charge your barrels and angle it to the left to hit the tree and can only hit inbetween the 2 branches. It also works on the windmill but not as well, as well as the rock stage, but again, not as well.

-You can put a banana or 2 down on the left edge on the rock transformation so they don't have room to move without slipping if they're there, but be careful because you get gimped easily here as well.

Castle Siege:

-*banana lock off stage, it also works well if you banana lock them during the "inter" stages where it's 'falling' and try to get it so they spawn offstage once it's done

-be careful when recovering on the right side of the 1st transformation because there is a small lip there so you have to angle your barrels slightly to the right right.

Halberd:

-ability to barrel spike through stage.

-*When the laser comes, you WANT it to follow you because YOU decide where it gets to be, put it in a strategic location like say if the opponent is off stage, aim it to fire at the ledge.

-Diddy can side-b > midair jump > banana pluck and land on stage on the part of the stage that flies.

Japes:

-*When edgegaurding, try to get 2 bananas on the small part of the 2 narrower platforms, it limits your opponent's recovering options and gives them a difficult time.

-You can side-b under the 2 shorter lengthed platforms and grab on to the other side

-Wall jump to banana pluck is a good mixup, so is jumping from one edge to another to get your back to your opponent then banana plucking

-You can up-b into the bottom of stage and try to get some damage on your opponent, just be careful of the crocs, they come in intervals of 10 seconds so only go after you've just seen one and only try it on the right side

-your peanuts can arch up to the 2 side platforms from the middle one, this is good when you make a wall with your bananas to get some pressure on them.

Frigate:

-When recovering on the part that doesn't have an edge, try to save your mid air jump and/or side-b so that you can wall jump off of the stage next to the platform that doesn't have a ledge and get back on.

-*always jump before a transformation to avoid being popped up below the stage.

An asterisk (*) next to the trick = I personally use this often, or the situation comes about often.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Good stuff, man.

If you post them in my latest thread on this board, we'll be quite a step closer to 50 tricks =)

(Not saying this didnt deserve its own thread, though.)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Good stuff, man.

If you post them in my latest thread on this board, we'll be quite a step closer to 50 tricks =)

(Not saying this didnt deserve its own thread, though.)
Well I was already making the thread before you posted yours *see post by me in the critique vid thread*

Zeallyx

Well I was already making the thread before you posted yours *see post by me in the critique vid thread*
Again, I didnt mean you shouldve posted it in my thread instead than making a thread for it.
I only mean that if you'd post it in my thread too, that it would help.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Knee, I don't want to offend but your thread is gimmicky. Diddy and his naners are gimmicky enough without ripoff threads!

Good thread P1, I'd just like to say that on Frigate, if you abuse the walljumping tidbit on the ledgeless edge, you're going to get punished for it :( Use it sparingly!

Zeallyx

Knee, I don't want to offend but your thread is gimmicky. Diddy and his naners are gimmicky enough without ripoff threads!

Good thread P1, I'd just like to say that on Frigate, if you abuse the walljumping tidbit on the ledgeless edge, you're going to get punished for it :( Use it sparingly!
Gimmicky?
Please elaborate.

Player-1

Smash Legend

Well any time you do use the wall jump thing it's really only when you're either forced to use your up-b or you have that option, which I find that using your up-b you have a higher chance of being punished.

Edit: I forgot to add this little note:

An asterisk (*) next to the trick = I personally use this often, or the situation comes about often.

Dekar173

Justice Man
No I understand that you're very punishable after being put into freefall by your upB, but honestly if you're down there in the first place, most opponents are going to punish, just because your options are so limited in the first place. Plus, if they adapt to you walljumping time after time, you're going to have a problem :p

I'm just saying for the sake of newer Diddys that walljumping isn't necessarily a fix all. It's just another option :O

@Knee- every other board has a "super duper tricks!!!" thread, I find it gimmicky. By all means keep your thread updated etc. but honestly Diddy's all about mastering the technical aspects of him, and then learning to use them as time goes on. Nothing more, really, and the guides that are already on this board pretty much have it covered :p

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You can wall jump on this iddy bitty walls where you can infinite people with bananas, dtilt locks with meta and other characters and DDD CG.

Player-3

Smash Hero
if your playing on rc, youll win

no lie

p1 is who i learn all my tricks from so i have nothing to add

we discovered **** turning together... and thats the most useful at ever

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
FYI, the croc comes whenever the time ends in a 7 (the second digit of seconds, that is. Like at 7:57, the first croc appears, and then every ten seconds after that).

And yes, on Frigate, jumping will always save you, provided you are above the stage. I think if you're off-stage that sometimes you might get in trouble. On another note, I like throwing my Bananas upward when the transformation is coming so that they won't be pushed off by the stage flip. And as for the whole walljumping debacle, knowing any way to get back onto the stage at that point is crucial if you get blown towards the bottom-right of the stage (Toon Link's new AT, anyone?).

This is a darn good thread, I learned a lot.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Ok heres my random trick on picto chat,(which is an amazing a$$ diddy stage).

this is situational buuuut when the wind is blowing go to the left side of the stage.

if your opponent has low-ish health and /or is a heavy, your d-tilt will seriously **** them up

as the wind blows you and your opponent to the left it forces them to be pushed into Diddy's d-tilt making it very hard for them to escape. its essentially the same effect as the one on smashville's moving platform.

the d-tilt usually locks until about maybe 40-50% and ive yet to have someone escape it. i havent had someone attempt to DI it up but so far it seems effective reguardless.

but make sure to get the bananas off the stage or out of the way because if your d-tilt locking them and a banana slides by you'll pick it up. thats not really a bad thing but it stops you from locking.

Top Bottom